What helmets are legal to use for small children

Looking to take her little girl out for her first ride she's only 14 months old but I think a regular kids helmet will be too big. does anybody know if bicycle helmets are legal in the razors?

Edited by Kingcar64

They are not. DOT approved only. With that said, you're right.  Most helmets if not all of of the legit ones are to heavy for babies necks. I found a very light bicycle type helmet but it looked like a motocross helmet my daughter wore. Looked legit and worked. Rangers never looked twice, and she was safe.

I don't think the rangers check (or care that much) about the helmet approval rating or type that much. I think as long as you look like you know the rules and have something on your head, you're good. I know a bunch of SxS friends wear non-DOT helmets and they've never had issues. 

• Like 1

I would not chance anything but a very light bicycle type helmet on a 14mo old, my opinion is anything heavier may do more harm than good. I would be more concerned with assuring she is secure in the vehicle than anything and take it slow and easy :beerpint:

• Like 2