Getting started

Raptorman84

I ride quads and used to ride sand rails when I was younger. I am wanting to get a cheaper 4 seater midtravel rail under $8500. Something my kids can enjoy too. I used to have a volkswagen about 15 years ago and something broke down on it every time i took it out. Way too unreliable for my taste so I want to stay far away from volkswagens. I don't need too much power. Somewhere around 200hp is plenty for me. What engine/transmission combo would you suggest for the most reliable rail?

You can have plenty of power and still be reliable, but the Ecotec motors are a good alternative to a VW or even better, the Honda 3.5. I'd say Bus or 091 transmissions are ok as long as you are under 250/300 hp or so. The Hayabusa cars are very reliable too if you wanted to go that route. They are more like riding a 2 stroke though. Just keep an eye out. There are plenty of reasonably priced buggies for sale these days. If you have questions about some, post them up.