Dumont wind issues

Plumber

So the weather man says its gonna be really windy Thursday, and a lil windy on Friday. I hope he is lying. Does the wind usually go away or does it stay pretty windy for awhile after what the forecast says? I was planning on being there Thursday morning. So how you guys bear with the wind?

Well you already said the W word so now it's definitley gonna be windy! :laughing:

Although Dumont sometimes has a forecast of it's own, when Tecopa is calling for 33 mph winds and gusting to over 50mph you can bet on some strong winds at D. You can watch the hourly weather forecast as it gets closer and it may change, but the wind forecast is usually very accurate out there, if not worse than what they say it will be.

How do I bear with the wind? Sit in the toyhauler, make some food and drink plenty of this---> :beerpint:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

Well you already said the W word so now it's definitley gonna be windy! :laughing:

Although Dumont sometimes has a forecast of it's own, when Tecopa is calling for 33 mph winds and gusting to over 50mph you can bet on some strong winds at D. You can watch the hourly weather forecast as it gets closer and it may change, but the wind forecast is usually very accurate out there, if not worse than what they say it will be.

How do I bear with the wind? Sit in the toyhauler, make some food and drink plenty of this---> :beerpint:

Do you think it will let up after Thursday?

If you spend much time out at Dumont you WILL be in some wind storms, like dunefreak said, honker down in your RV have some beverages and wait it out, once they are over the sand is as smooth as it can be. Ive been thru some wild rides at camp but it always seems to *blow over* then you get to make some new tracks.

• Like 2

As far as heat goes, relax. Sunday evening will be warm, with a beautiful weekend to preceed.

Thursday will be blinding. The rest of this weekend looks perfect. ;)

We'll be out there, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else(my 4* birthday). 

At least it'll be dry. It's been like riding on soggy diapers since NYE. LOL 

Edited by VegasSparky
grammer. lol
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VegasSparky said:

As far as heat goes, relax. Sunday evening will be warm, with a beautiful weekend to preceed.

Thursday will be blinding. The rest of this weekend looks perfect. ;)

We'll be out there, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else(my 4* birthday). 

At least it'll be dry. It's been like riding on soggy diapers since NYE. LOL 

We are going to be out friday morning. Maybe we could meet up for a ride?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Strictly Stoopid said:

We'll be rolling in Friday afternoon, always down to meet more duners and go for rides. Just look for the big silver dodge

1 hour ago, VegasSparky said:

We're down too. :driver:We'll be out Friday evening /Sat morn depending on work tomorrow. We'll be in the BR 10/6 area. Red Excursion. 

Cool hoping to leave at 5 am tomorrow and try to beat the headwind. Ill be by bathroom 8. I have a white Tundra with a Powerlite toy hauler and Sunset Red Turbo 4 seat rzr. 

I will look out for you guys in the evening. I have cell service out there. 

Edited by Plumber
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VegasSparky said:

Seems the worst has passed through Vegas. The last 2 hours were ridiculous. Driving through that, and I would've ended up in Golden Valley. 

Now I'm ready for a nooner tomorrow. 

Safe travels, fellas. 

Ya it got pretty wicked out here, I picked up my toy hauler around that time boy that was fun haha. Should be on the road around noon. We'll be near 6/10 as well. We'll have to swing by and help you celebrate that birthday of yours 🍻🍺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plumber said:

All of my buddy's flaked on me. For one stupid reason or another. So Looks like I am going to work today. :mad: 

The others that were going with us cancelled too their truck is in the shop,  so looks like we're coming solo. More than welcome to camp with us plumber, just the wife n I with our 11 year old boy we will be out there later today.

41 minutes ago, Strictly Stoopid said:

The others that were going with us cancelled too their truck is in the shop,  so looks like we're coming solo. More than welcome to camp with us plumber, just the wife n I with our 11 year old boy we will be out there later today.

Be careful out there and have a great weekend. Those dunes are going to be PRISTINE after these winds. I'm jealous. Please post up some pics or shoot over a dune report via this page, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/conditions/

53 minutes ago, Strictly Stoopid said:

Dude that sounds like a plan. I could set up today after work. If the wind dies down I could come tonight. If not first thing in the morning.  I have a 10 year old boy also. 

Where do you plan on camping at? 

Great weather, great sand, great people. Didn't want to leave. Plumber, and Mr Strictly are excellent drivers. 

I had a relaxing weekend. I like morning/evening rides.

These guys killed it. 

WTF flew in? Nice touch and go. LOL

20170331_190712.jpg

20170401_165210.jpg

20170401_173103.jpg

• Like 2