Looking to rent a dune buggy on May 19, 2017

khehl

Hey, I'm looking to rent a 4 person dune buggy on May 19, 2017. I can't seem to find any business' on the internet that rents out an ATV or Dune Buggy.

I would only be renting it for 2-4 hours, right when the park opens or soon after.  

A gator would be fine to as long as it sits 4 people.

First the "park" has no hours, it is always open.  There are no places that I know of that rent buggies. I have heard of SXS and ATV rentals in Las Vegas but don't know who they are, Maybe someone else on the board can help you. If you have not been to Dumont and it kinda seems as if that's the case, It is going to be very warm, bordering on very HOT that time of year. You can expect a low of maybe 90-95 and depending on the weather at that time highs near 110. If you are no acquainted with Dumont it can be a very dangerous place especially that time of the year as the wind changes direction in late spring and the sand moves from one side of the dune to the other leaving soft spots, holes and even large drop offs. If you have not been there before or are not a very experienced duner I might suggest re-thinking this trip. Maybe Pismo Beach in Ca. I know they rent SXS and quads and it's right on the ocean is right there and the weather is a lot better than Death Valley in May. Just a suggestion. I would be glad to answer any other questions you have but seriously consider your options before going there if your not very well prepared.

Thanks a lot. I was thinking of Pismo Beach but the dunes didn't look as nice.

Have you ever been to Pismo? If you have, I have a question for you. 

If we were to rent a SXS would we be able to toboggan behind it or is there a lot of rules there? Is there any dunes that we can toboggan down?

i was at Pismo once, several years ago. Although the dunes are nowhere near as tall or wide as Dumont it is a beautiful place. If your looking for something steeper and wider to do some sliding then I would recommend St. Anthony's dunes in Rexford, ID. They are tall, weather is good in May maybe still a bit nippy but should be acceptable to a good time and they do rent SXS's there. I would recommend Idaho dunes RV park as the best place to stay. Owner is a duner and although my buddy Pat is not the host anymore they are a good park with access to the dunes from it. Please be careful as these dunes are also tall and loads of fun but anyone not used to duning or those particular dunes can get hurt . 

• Like 1

Used to live in Cali and went to pismo 3 times last summer.

There is only 1 company that will rent RZRs and 2 seater buggies. Company is called sunbuggy and you can go to their website to see pricing and all that good stuff. There's 3 or 4 other companies that do rentals out there and on the beach but I suggest always reserving a camping spot ahead of time because they will turn you away if they are full and they always get full during the summer. They will let you day ride though. 

The dunes aren't that big, there's tons of people out there and lots of noobs that don't know how to ride so it can get kinda sketchy with those people. If you get back there far enough, it's better as everyone lingers around the kinda flatter part of the dunes. 

There aren't any dunes big enough to slide on.

I know I probably made it seem horrible but it's honestly a beautiful place and it's tons of fun. The camps are closer together at the front because so much of the park is closed off.

We are going in July if that tells ya anything lol