Old Spanish trail highway

Mark S

A lot of us take that route. I've actually never taken the 15 to Baker way. It is faster going the "back" way through tecopa. I don't know by how much, (probably 20-30 min) see above. It's fine for your fifth wheel. There is a small section of half blind switchbacks while climbing, just go very slow and use a bit of the other lane with some caution. My 5'ver is 43ft and it makes it fine. To me it's a more enjoyable drive.

Every single trip for me. It's about 30 minutes faster for me and about 20 miles shorter. That allows for more :driver: or :beerpint:at the dunes so I'll take it! :grin:

My truck & hauler are about 60 feet long and I have no problem with any part of the route. Been taking that way for almost two decades. 

• Like 1

I used to take I15 through Baker just in case I was to break down (more traffic and patrols). That damn hill killed me though being that I use a half ton to tow with. I ended up exploding a piston one trip on the way back. Since I now live in Mts Edge, I take Tecopa...I can get there in what seems like 90mins. LOVE IT!