Who's ready and who's not?

dunefreak

Dune Season Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready for dune season?

• What? Dune season is near? I'm not even close to ready.
    • I'm close to being ready.
    • I started getting ready this summer and I am ready to go!

We've got a little over a month to go. Who's ready for dune season?

What kind of "dune prepper" are you? Do you start prepping during summer, in Sept or Oct, or like the day before? :laughing:

I'm not ready and have a handful of crap to still do, but I will be ready for Halloween or a couple weeks before for my first trip out. 

Too damn hot for the past three months to even let dune season enter my mind. I am in the market for a newer hauler so now that the huge ass RV show in Pomona is less than a month away it has started to dawn on me that I haven't touched the RZR since April. 

My only definite trip is Veterans Day at Glamis. Would like to get out quite a few more times this season and start getting Dumont back on the agenda. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I am oh so ready!!! It's going to be nice to be able to leave work on a Friday evening and jet out to the dunes for a quick weekend! They started locking down days off, so my summer dunes have been few. One last trip to Little Sahara the last week of September and our first trip is planned for the 13th of October. 

• Like 1

Just got back from an amazing 5 days in Duck Creek, I am NOT ready for dune season! 

The hauler is in getting some warranty work done, that's always fun. 

RZR is still caked in mud from labor day

BUT.....vacation is approved and we'll be there for Halloween!!!!

• Like 3

Transmission is out getting redone, new ring and pinion as well as 3rd and 4th. Trying to get the ratios better to get out of my usual 2nd and 3rd gear dune rides. Clutch is at Kennedy to check all the components and fix a couple bad teeth on the ring gear. Car and trailer are an absolute mess right now. But hey- I have only been lagging on this for 6+ months right? 

• Like 2

love hate, spent a ton of money on sxs but committed to Phoenix Nascar for 9 day trip the week after Halloween. hoping to do a 9 day turn around and be there for Turkeyday. had a blast last Halloween, totally packed but fun.

18920812_1199387856850250_8774983208384467065_o.jpg

Should be heading out next weekend.

If all goes well, the dog and I will MH and Trailer out friday

If I can get my expo (that broke tonight) fixed, the wifey will meet me out there on friday night or sat AM (probably Sat AM)

Hope this beautiful weather holds up :-)

Irnbear

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IrnBear said:

Should be heading out next weekend.

If all goes well, the dog and I will MH and Trailer out friday

If I can get my expo (that broke tonight) fixed, the wifey will meet me out there on friday night or sat AM (probably Sat AM)

Hope this beautiful weather holds up :-)

Irnbear

Next weekend looks a tad warmer (in the 90's), but it shouldn't be too bad. Especially in the morning. 

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/weather/

After returning from my summer as a host at a Washington campground I am anxious to get out to my "second home",  halloween to see a lot of people I haven't socialized with for some time.

The Wildcat is ready to go, I am ready to go, the trailer is ready to go. Food is in the freezer, booze in is the trailer and I'm ready for a change of pace.  Hell.....why am I still working at my age?

It is strange for me not to have a sand rail. That doesn't mean I'm not looking for one.  The biggest mistake I ever made was to let go of the one I built and had running so well and enjoyed so much.  I just have to get something so I can go on my favorite runs with Neal Rideout. He is the man as far as I'm concerned. A close second is Pete Greep.......He's always second because I can't drive as fast through the dunes as that "young stud" can!

At any rate hope to see a bunch of friends at Dumont this year!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sandawg
senior moment

12 hours ago, sandawg said:

After returning from my summer as a host at a Washington campground I am anxious to get out to my "second home",  halloween to see a lot of people I haven't socialized with for some time.

The Wildcat is ready to go, I am ready to go, the trailer is ready to go. Food is in the freezer, booze in is the trailer and I'm ready for a change of pace.  Hell.....why am I still working at my age?

It is strange for me not to have a sand rail. That doesn't mean I'm not looking for one.  The biggest mistake I ever made was to let go of the one I built and had running so well and enjoyed so much.  I just have to get something so I can go on my favorite runs with Neal Rideout. He is the man as far as I'm concerned. A close second is Pete Greep.......He's always second because I can't drive as fast through the dunes as that "young stud" can!

At any rate hope to see a bunch of friends at Dumont this year!!!!!!!!!

:laughing: haha thanks Pat. It's been a while since I've seen you out there or at all. See ya Halloween weekend!