Camp fire Permits

Just saw on another site that the great state of California now requires campfire permits on public land. This covers gas stoves as well. They are free and it takes about 5 minutes to watch the video and answer the multiple choice questions. That way your are sufficiently trained in fire safety lol. Anyway here is the site to get them...

http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Permits/

59e627c83c984_CampfirePermit.thumb.jpg.f25add9b34ff4bd296af9a9b279ba849.jpg

Thanks Pete.

Good info as the word is they are checking for this in Glamis.

Thank God the BLM in Dumont are not wasting time with this non-sense. Another reason Dumont is a fav place for me. 

23 hours ago, CrstyDmn said:

Thanks Pete.

Good info as the word is they are checking for this in Glamis.

Thank God the BLM in Dumont are not wasting time with this non-sense. Another reason Dumont is a fav place for me. 

Seems the Glamis rangers/ cops are always look for something even if you are obeying all the rules. Can't stand that about Glamis. You can never relax and enjoy the place. 

Yeah I renew mine yearly, since I camp and backpack in CA frequently and its required. It's basic common knowledge. As long as one person has one in your camp, you should be covered. Both Mike and myself have one, just in case.... I know people are saying you don't need one in Dumont, but just keeping my butt covered. No harm in tossing a copy in the hauler ;)

• Like 2

• dunefreak changed the title to Camp fire Permits

I double checked on this through the BLM and it seems like it is one of those unspoken rules that isn't enforced, however in the most recent BLM news release, it states this...

As of Oct. 5, the following  BLM-managed public lands within the California Desert District, listed below, shall be under Stage I restrictions, which means campfires, barbecues and gas stoves are allowed with a permit on all public lands within the District. Although smoking is allowed on such lands, be mindful of surroundings:

• All BLM-managed public lands in Mono, Inyo and Imperial counties.

• All BLM-managed public lands in Kern County, north of California Highway 58.

• All BLM-managed public lands in San Bernardino County, managed by Barstow Field Office and Needles Field Office.

Soooo... per the release and BLM, Dumont visitors are required to have camp fire permits. It is up to the new chief whether or not the Rangers check on those permits. 

I highly doubt they will be checking on these, however it is very easy to print one up and be on the safe side like @DirtBikeGuy and the others said. 

You can even do it right from your smart phone.You can just show them the downloaded pdf on your phone. It doesn't need to be printed.  http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Permits/

Hope this clears things up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1