Transmission Problem

shelby5775

Hello everyone, we need some advice as to who recommends what shop to take my wife’s F 350 7.3 ,for transmission issues it has stock tranny cooler but it still overheated on the last small hill on us 127 After Tecopa , just to the yellow on the gauge, OD off but it was still blinking and after we pulled off into Dumont road it was cooled to normal by then but now it slips when starting out of drive with the OD off or on checked the fluid level at the entrance of Dumont road and was down just a bit but added some to top to the full mark and it doesn’t leave a puddle when sitting but did notice some under spray under the truck and a little over spray on the right fender of our trailer which is only 20 footer , trailer and cargo maybe 4500 pounds maybe less any good shops to recommend.  Thanks for any and all recommendations. We also rolled in last Thursday to this both Pay stations were shot up and card reader ripped out of both machines.

D80C0098-76E5-4CC6-ACC0-E53C2A074D43.jpeg

BE29C6CA-65B5-46A5-B5F1-CCB1C794FB0C.jpeg.bfcbfaed1b321c3544506a2eb5210adb.jpeg

I have a 2003 f250 7.3 and I took mine to Ricks Transmission off Sunset Road east of Boulder Hwy. He specializes in these and I am very satisfied wiwth his work. He has been doing this for years and is very reputable and reasonable. Mine had 150K on it and it needed a torque conver and he totalllyl rebuild it with a gaurantee. Mine was slipping and gettilng hot.

Edited by sandawg
More info

Thanks for all information, were going to take it to Underground Diesel , anywhere between $230 to drop the pan and check for shavings in the tranny oil and about $3500 to go thru the tranny . But we’ll get it done and add a bigger cooler to it for added piece of mind and should be done anyway