What did you do for Memorial Weekend?

dunefreak

Dual sport ride on Sat and Dumont on Sun. Lots of traffic in the mountains (Big Bear) not so much in Dumont though there were a few camps there and quite a few day trippers. Sand was technical as it usually is in the hotter / low use months. 

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

• Like 2

1090r is good, lot of weight (500#) but if you let it go where it wants and rely on the suspension it does surprisingly well. I like it with traction control off and ABS in offroad mode (lets you lock up rear but leaves abs on front wheel). I'm looking forward to seeing the 790 Adventurer from KTM:thumb:

2 hours ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

Looks like a lot of fun.

That van though!!! Let's see more of that!

I've been building it since December and we're finally just about done with it. I'll be posting a full build thread after I'm 100% done. You can check it out on my blog. I have to get the build updated on there too, but some of it is already documented. http://livelikepete.com/category/van-build/

It's been a long road and lots of work, but it has finally come together! Super stoked. 

dicksinavan_32937017_173664796653722_6106103877432508416_n.jpg

There's more of the build on my Instagram too, https://www.instagram.com/pete_greep/ 

or our newly created, shared account (dicksinavan) :lol: https://www.instagram.com/dicksinavan/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Holy sh*t! DON! Whats up man. 

Not much Pete. I miss the dunes. I don't have any toys anymore. Long story but a couple of surgeries have forced me to let the fast toys go. Now I just go rock crawling and exploring with my jeep. I miss you guys. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Don29palms said:

Not much Pete. I miss the dunes. I don't have any toys anymore. Long story but a couple of surgeries have forced me to let the fast toys go. Now I just go rock crawling and exploring with my jeep. I miss you guys. 

Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of adrenaline in rock crawling. I love that stuff. Hope to see ya one of these days soon.  

We went to the Grand Canyon had a  blast checked out Horseshoe Bend and then up to Lake Powell. We also did day trips from Williams Az to Sedona and Prescott Valley. Haven't had a chance to upload pics yet will try and post them later. The Van looks awesome Pete.