Thanksgiving Weekend Report

HappyHour

Someone got punked but it wasn't us. :cripple:

Don its ok man you dont have to sugar coat it ......Just let it go man ....just let it go ........... :fatdance:

Edited by 1Bad4FiddyinLv

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our group had a great weekend out there. Though my drive there wasn't looking too up when I left Tuesday evening around 8:00. My 4 hour drive turned to a 9 hour drive when one of the axles on our trailer burned up. I was happy to arrive at our camp Wednesday morning at 5 after driving all night. My uncle's 6 seater "Green Machine," as we call it, definitely keeps the little kids, and big kids for that matter, entertained. I'm glad to hear there was nothing like what happened out at Halloween again. Highway patrol was everywhere for my trip home though. And BLM in Tecopa... My next trip out there, I'll for sure have to go look for the North Pole! Maybe then Santa will bring me that Raptor 700 I've been wanting? LoL

We had a pretty good weekend minus an incodent at comp hill saturday afternoon when our friends wife flipped there rail down comp hill!!! She was very luck to walk away ,the car held up fairly well but will be spare parts after this weekend!!! We are all glad she walked away!!!!

We had a blast ripping down the roads out back of the dunes and even more fun jumping out back of comp :slap: I will try to get some pictures up lator!!!

Aaron, was that the yellow buggy in your group?

I take it you guys got punked ......but its ok it happens to the best of us :laughoff:

Punked? Uhh no, not really :ahhhhh: ...so here goes the story....

I believe it was Saturday. Early that morning I woke up to the sound of a camp racer on a quad right outside my toyhauler going back and forth for what seemed like forever. I peeked out the window and watched this kid, probably like 14 yrs old, standing one foot on the grab bar and one on the seat riding wheelies back and forth past my trailer. He kept this up throughout the day. Me and chris1223 stood there in frustration and finally decided to ask the kid to stop. We walked out and said, hey do you mind taking that out into the dunes or stopping all together? The kid said "why?" I then not only explained the rules of speed limits etc, but also that it was disrespectful because it caused dust, was unsafe to do in the camp area, etc. The kid told me he didn't have to stop and that he was gonna keep on doing it because he wasn't breaking any rules. It escalated pretty quick when I said "ok, well I'll go get a ranger and bring him over here to explain the rules to you." He said "fine do that." There were a bunch more words exchanged and it only became a screaming match at each other at that point.

The funniest part of the story was when this little kid got off his quad and steps up to me saying "what are you gonna do about it?" :dunno::think: I said, "not a damn thing- I'll go to jail if I do the slightest thing. You are a minor." The kid gets back on his quad & charges at me, I step out of the way & kick his back tire as he goes by. Thinking "ok, whatever let's just deal it and it's over"....NO, his dad comes hauling a$$ over on a quad and gets in my face yelling at me to not kick his kids bike and that he wasn't doing anything wrong. I said "you don't know the half of the story". We continued :laughing: alot. I even tried explaining the rules to him. I was getting pretty pissed off, as were the rest of the 10-15 peeps that had my back behind me. :fatdance: After cooling myself down :laughoff: , I dropped it and somehow we ended it all before me or one of the tres hermanos went to blows with him. :laughoff: I definitley didn't want THAT drama.

This guy was completely unaware of the speed limit in camp and told me that "you have to put cones up if you want people to slow down next to your camp". :cripple::laughoff: It's just too bad that people like this are out there. This may be my last big holiday weekend for a while or all together. I just like to go out there, relax, and have a good time without dealing with people like this. I know this is why many people camp way out on the edge, but I hate to have to change up our camp spot just because of these kinds of people. I think I might be skipping the big weekends for now on, I'll have to wait and see.

thats exactly why we went to amargosa..... :ahhhhh: instead of deal with all the losers.... :fatdance: no point indended to the DDR PEEPS. but seriously dumont is overcome by idiots.................... :cripple:

Just like the country we live in.

Aaron, was that the yellow buggy in your group?

Punked? Uhh no, not really :dunno: ...so here goes the story....

I believe it was Saturday. Early that morning I woke up to the sound of a camp racer on a quad right outside my toyhauler going back and forth for what seemed like forever. I peeked out the window and watched this kid, probably like 14 yrs old, standing one foot on the grab bar and one on the seat riding wheelies back and forth past my trailer. He kept this up throughout the day. Me and chris1223 stood there in frustration and finally decided to ask the kid to stop. We walked out and said, hey do you mind taking that out into the dunes or stopping all together? The kid said "why?" I then not only explained the rules of speed limits etc, but also that it was disrespectful because it caused dust, was unsafe to do in the camp area, etc. The kid told me he didn't have to stop and that he was gonna keep on doing it because he wasn't breaking any rules. It escalated pretty quick when I said "ok, well I'll go get a ranger and bring him over here to explain the rules to you." He said "fine do that." There were a bunch more words exchanged and it only became a screaming match at each other at that point.

The funniest part of the story was when this little kid got off his quad and steps up to me saying "what are you gonna do about it?" :think::slap: I said, "not a damn thing- I'll go to jail if I do the slightest thing. You are a minor." The kid gets back on his quad & charges at me, I step out of the way & kick his back tire as he goes by. Thinking "ok, whatever let's just deal it and it's over"....NO, his dad comes hauling a$$ over on a quad and gets in my face yelling at me to not kick his kids bike and that he wasn't doing anything wrong. I said "you don't know the half of the story". We continued :laughing: alot. I even tried explaining the rules to him. I was getting pretty pissed off, as were the rest of the 10-15 peeps that had my back behind me. :fatdance: After cooling myself down :laughoff: , I dropped it and somehow we ended it all before me or one of the tres hermanos went to blows with him. :laughoff: I definitley didn't want THAT drama.

This guy was completely unaware of the speed limit in camp and told me that "you have to put cones up if you want people to slow down next to your camp". :cripple::laughoff: It's just too bad that people like this are out there. This may be my last big holiday weekend for a while or all together. I just like to go out there, relax, and have a good time without dealing with people like this. I know this is why many people camp way out on the edge, but I hate to have to change up our camp spot just because of these kinds of people. I think I might be skipping the big weekends for now on, I'll have to wait and see.

Dude i couldnt agree with ya more on the skipping the big weekends , hell thats why i dint go out .......and the one big weekend i dont go don and pete get punked by a 14 yr old ...... :ahhhhh: i knew i should have gone

Dam Dunefreak, it takes a big man to do what you did. Big :surrender: to you for holding your temper that well. I hear what your saying on the big weekend trips. I would rather go on off weekends so I can enjoy what I go out there for in the first place, DUNING.

Dam Dunefreak, it takes a big man to do what you did. Big :surrender: to you for holding your temper that well. I hear what your saying on the big weekend trips. I would rather go on off weekends so I can enjoy what I go out there for in the first place, DUNING.

i second that

Dude i couldnt agree with ya more on the skipping the big weekends , hell thats why i dint go out .......and the one big weekend i dont go don and pete get punked by a 14 yr old ...... :blury: i knew i should have gone

Well I wasn't about to go to jail for beating up a kid! :surrender: :laughing::dunno: You've got that turned around. Don was saying the kid's dad got punked. The kid ran off to get his daddy because he couldn't have an adult conversation with us. Then we found out we couldn't have one with his dad EITHER! :shake:

Well I wasn't about to go to jail for beating up a kid! :surrender: :laughing::dunno: You've got that turned around. Don was saying the kid's dad got punked. The kid ran off to get his daddy because he couldn't have an adult conversation with us. Then we found out we couldn't have one with his dad EITHER! :blury:

lol oh well chit happens right? I went for a day trip and it was nice i wish i woulda camped out thought , oh well theres always next time

chuckie here is another shot,,,hey these kids were caught ripping the santa letters up,,I said something to the parents an they egnored me and let there kids do what ever,,so take this :surrender:

you shoulda roosted the lil shits

the dunes has been like this for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why we camp in the back its more relaxing,,,and we can go around the back way!!!!believe it or not I here storys about aarmadusthole,that people are a$$ out there to!!! we have to live with it or just pack it up and never dune again!!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :dunno::laughing:

My trip went well.THe new truck rocks!!! :surrender:

Is anybody missing a can of Tecate?? I just emptied my cooler and there was one in there.

Maybe its was our neighbors? :dunno: they forgot to get it in the morning. :laughing:

Its good to hear your friend is ok Aaron.

it wasnt pretty here are the pics

Thanksgiving06crash001.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash002.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash003.jpg

passenger "c" pillar

Thanksgiving06crash004.jpg

bottom of "c" pillar

Thanksgiving06crash005.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash006.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash007.jpg

drivers "c"pillar

Thanksgiving06crash008.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash009.jpg

drivers "b"pillar

Thanksgiving06crash010.jpg

Here are a few pics I took...

:boxer:

normal_S2010012~5.JPG

prepping stuff for T-Day dinner :D

normal_S2010014~4.JPG

good grubb...good peeps

normal_S2010021~6.JPG

normal_S2010023~4.JPG

sanddunesaddict's "normal" sized pumpkin pie slice :laughoff::laughoff:

normal_S2010025~6.JPG

normal_S2010026~5.JPG

a beautiful sky right after dinner :rockon:

normal_S2010034~4.JPG

crawlinxj getting ready for our "let's go ride and see if we can throw-up- ride" :laughoff: (We were all stuffed as hell from dinner, so we figured if we rode we wouldn't past out. :shake::boxer: )

normal_S2010035~3.JPG

Fri AM early morning "Pastrana wake-up ride" with me, PaulyPaul, and racnjasen. :blury::dunno:

normal_S2010037~4.JPG

Chillen after a ride to the :laughing:

normal_S2010040~3.JPG

nasty dust at dusk that got even worse than the picture when it got darker...

normal_S2010045~4.JPG

9digit @ comp Fri night :slap: :surrender:

normal_S2010048~2.JPG

Sat AM...who was it that said it wasn't that crowded? :blink::think::laughing:

normal_S2010052~3.JPG

normal_S2010053~2.JPG

normal_S2010054~3.JPG

normal_S2010059~5.JPG

Banshee Hill...

normal_S2010061~3.JPG

normal_S2010063~3.JPG

A buggy ride with sandahauler :blury:

normal_S2010066~2.JPG

The hill climbs...

normal_S2010068~3.JPG

normal_S2010067~3.JPG

the Saturday DDR ride with everyone turned into this... :laughing:

normal_S2010079~2.JPG

but then this once we met back up w/ everyone...:D

normal_S2010080~3.JPG

Joe Duner gettin a feel for his next car to be...

normal_S2010081~3.JPG

Our "comp cleanup" today at noon...and yep we got quite a few retarded blank stares again, but a few helped out that were over at the hill. :D

normal_S2010089~1.JPG

pulling out...

normal_S2010096~0.JPG

the dunes has been like this for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why we camp in the back its more relaxing,,,and we can go around the back way!!!!believe it or not I here storys about aarmadusthole,that people are a$$ out there to!!! we have to live with it or just pack it up and never dune again!!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :dunno::laughing:

OR...just go on the off weekends when less of them are out there.

Sanddune addict............who's LT car was that?? A buddy of mine owns that car and his wife drives it also. It freaked me out to see the pics and hope that they are ok. His name is John and his wifes name is Yvonne. If anyone knows the condition of them and knows what happened, please let me know before I email them asking and sound like an idiot..............Thanks!!

Happyhour they are fine JP wasnt in the car he was standing at the bottom of the hill watching. Yes she is ok and the girl riding with her is also ok. Both woke up yesterday sore and black and blue. JP said when they get home he was going to take her for a check up just to be safe. They were dam lucky.

We had a gr8 time. Lots of good :laughing: :surrender: :blury: Camped with some new peeps. Only to 2 rails in camp and everytime we wanted to go for a ride someone was jumping in the car. So didn't get alot of alone time and do some fast rides. Will post some pics later today. Got some good wheelie pixs. and a video. :shake: Wish we could have met up with some of you guys, but boy doesn't like to approach people. Some guy rolled his rail down comp hill on Sat. afternoon. Not sure what happened.

Some guys we skying their LT cars just down from the Hill Climbers thing that going on. That was seriously Bitchin' :dunno: Saw 2 go over at the same time. again :blury:

We went to Dumont on Saturday with a bunch of our friends for the day. Some of our friends came up from OC and stayed with us for the weekend. They'd never ridden in the dunes, so it was a new experience for them. This was my first time at Dumont with my quad (yeah - not stuck at camp)!!!

I took our friend's daughter for a little ride near comp. Her dad didn't put paddles on her quad right away, so she was having issues. I don't have paddles either, but at Pismo and Armagossa, I've been fine. Well, I managed to bury my quad and I couldn't get it out of the sand. The stupid thing is that these two people were about 20 feet from me and didn't offer to help!!! My husband saw me all the way from the bottom of comp (about 100 yards away). I sent our friend's kid to get him and he rushed over to me. I've nicknamed myself Damsel in Distress!!! We're getting paddles for me now!!! He saw the 2 people and just shook his head (lots of people passed by me, too)!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE???

My husband and his buddy saw the buggy at the bottom of the comp, as they were coming down (the accident must have just happened). Some people in our group saw flight for life, but we weren't sure what happened.

I saw some kids playing with the mail at the North Pole - I'm not sure if it was the same kids. Stupid kids with stupid parents!!!

All in all, we had a good weekend - no accidents in our group. :-) :surrender:

Had a great time also... NO INJURIES FROM OUR CAMP THIS TIME.. :surrender: ......We made it a short trip showed up saturday about noon and left about dark on Sunday. I think the best riding we did was about 2 on sunday when everyone was heading out. Didnt get time to meet the DDR crew this trip but maybe next trip.