Thanksgiving Weekend Report

HappyHour

Awsome times were had by all......no injuries in our camp....Thanks again for the shirts pete.....Saw one a-hole doin brodies and haulin a$$ through camps around 9 or so on fri night doin around 60 :surrender: , i think he got a nice dent in the side of his truck when someone threw a beer at him.....stopped soon after that, and one a hole on comp thurs night was drivin all over the face cuttin people off all night.....but we had a Great Time though..... :laughing:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happyhour they are fine JP wasnt in the car he was standing at the bottom of the hill watching. Yes she is ok and the girl riding with her is also ok. Both woke up yesterday sore and black and blue. JP said when they get home he was going to take her for a check up just to be safe. They were dam lucky.

Thanks for the info bro.............. :D

Well I wasn't about to go to jail for beating up a kid! :surrender: :laughing::dunno: You've got that turned around. Don was saying the kid's dad got punked. The kid ran off to get his daddy because he couldn't have an adult conversation with us. Then we found out we couldn't have one with his dad EITHER! :shake:

people like that make me wanna take out the sandrail and dump the clutch all night long by their camps....you should have went and got the ranger so they would shut up....you should have made the dad look like this :blury:

Had a great weekend. Dunes were awsome Thurs morning.

My observations...

1. Some people spend way too much time worring about other people's bussiness. You know who you are.

2. My truck can pull out anyone even with 50psi in the tires. That was until I snapped my front gear set.

3. Pulling out my heavy a$$ trailer in 2wd sucks in soft sand, but still made it! :surrender:

4. Camping close to the entrance to comp gives us plenty of scenery and laughs watching everyone get stuck.

5. My truck doubles as a bar at comp.

6. My father-in-law cut himself off and passed out in my truck at comp.

7. Missed fridays ride, but saturdays ride was eventful.

8. A built Chevy couldn't move my truck when I broke the 4wd and got buried by the entrance to comp. It took a built jeep with what looked like 44x18 tires, and it pulled me out like it was nothin. Just glad it wasn't a Chevy or Dodge! :laughing:

Well it looks like I have some work ahead of me. The top end on my banshee needs to be redone. The yellow LT80 needs a crank and primary drive. And my buggy has a bearing or something going out. I am thinking it is the throwout (sp?) bearing. At least that would be the easisest to fix.

Sounds like everyone had a really good trip, so that's a great thing. I'm at work, like the entire long weekend. :surrender: Got in a little ride Sat afternoon local here. Sure did miss hanging out up there with you all over the weekend. I was thinking about Dumont and DDR peeps all weekend, work sucks. I'll see you all out there the next trip. Semper Fi, Woody

My weekend observations.

1. Smaller camps are more relaxing.

2. Circle isn't as fun without Tres Hermanos.

3. Looking for drunk family members until 4:00 A.M. is no fun!

4. Tri zingers haul a$$.

5. It would be easier to stay out of peeps' business if they didn't make THEIR business everyone else's business!!!

6. Pete show's great restraint.

7. Turkey!!!!

8. DDR = DDC

9. finger dunes=to much traffic

10. guys in bras and panties racing up comp always funny!!!!

11. Finally, EFFIN KENNY!!!!!GROSS but funny as hell!!!

:surrender:

Amazing how many people got stuck into comp, and along vendors row.

Never seen so many.

Think a huge Glamis crowd has migrated to Dumont by the sour hostile attitudes of everyone.

A guy in a brand new Dodge truck towing a 5th wheel destroyed his tranny when he got stuck in front of the Funnel cake stand.

Felt bad for the family. A huge crowd of gawkers formed watching their new shiny truck sitting on it's frame.

They just arrived and smoke was pouring outta the trans like white paint from a firehose.

Nothing like the smell of a toasted tranny. All of vendors row reaak'd.

We loaned his group 4 HD tow straps & his friends all daisy chained him out finally, then he had his truck tow'd into LV for a new trans.

Allison transmissions for this family. 80,000 brutally hard, hot and heavy towing trouble free miles.

3812Alis_toy_020-med.jpg

Moms KFX 700 day one.

Had a really dumb guy keep coming by our site wanting to chat and tell me how great Dodge trucks are.

His wife is the one that does all the technical thinking in that family.

Judging by all their caution tape, we figured them right for Glamis people.

Wrestling's real, we faked the moon landing believing guy.

"Dumbest adult I ever met" said my 6 year old.

He called it right.

Edited by Ross and Alice

did anyone see that suzuki side kick or whatever on the 127 going into baker from dumont.....The thing was smokin...looked like it had been on fire for about 12hrs.........everything was melted except for the rims, body and frame.....

The only scary thing about going on off weekends is that there usually are no rangers there.. If you crash or have any medical problems, your on your own!!!! Camp in a more isolated area, much more relaxing!!!!

Plus its fun watching all the people out there and some of the things they do!!!! I really havent had any issues out there on big weekeneds......

The only scary thing about going on off weekends is that there usually are no rangers there.. If you crash or have any medical problems, your on your own!!!! Camp in a more isolated area, much more relaxing!!!!

Plus its fun watching all the people out there and some of the things they do!!!! I really havent had any issues out there on big weekeneds......

Thast what cell phones are for.. If you have a medical emergency and you dial 911 if you have zero bars yoru call will go thru.. 911 is designed to use ANY cell service around no matter what. There wasnt a problem with medical services during the middle of august.

Here's a pan of banshee hill yesterday. Don't let the picture fool ya, in about 30 minutes about triple the people show up. Banshee hill was very popular that night.

We saw....2... that's TWO people drag race up some of the steeper comp hills at night, they just kept going at the top... right over the edge!!!!!!!

I was sitting around the fire watching one of the frontside hills, I call it bolt on hill because the guys with no mods like to race there. It was about 8 or 9 at night, I am watching a group of 4 go up, 3 stop before the top, the 4th goes right over into the pitch blackness.. I jumped on my bike and raced over, I just knew he would be hurt bad... His was ok, but the tires on his bike were pointing in different directions...LOL It was so freaky to see him launch off into black space.... it's pitch black on the dark side of these hills.

Then an hour later at the main comp hill, a drunk lady on a single seat sand rail did the same friggen thing!!! She launched off the main comp hill!!! It looked like she did a forward flip, everyone was thinking of that rail crash at halloween which was probably just like that... about 30 of us start shooting up the hill including the womans husband, he was crying the whole time, he just knew she was dead.

She flattened her rear tire but was otherwise ok, she acted like it was no big deal, but her husband in tears and the 30 or so people around her didn't agree...

Crazy!

big pic.

http://www.angelfire.com/al/metalalien/pic..._hill_11_06.JPG

That's my truck in the pic (far left) with my bike already loaded up and ready to go.... LOL :surrender:

Rangers are always out there, even on the off weekends just not as many.

6. My father-in-law cut himself off and passed out in my truck at comp.

:laughoff:

normal_S2010051~3.JPG

more observations....

-you don't get very far at night in a Rhino with no gas and a dead battery :laughing: , but it still makes for good times. Hey RhinoKing & JoeDuner, thanks for finally coming back for me and mfdesigns! :blury:

-rhino king in a pink elephant thong... :barf: :surrender: :laughoff::laughoff: but good times- that chit was funny! :shake:

-KJ's nick name is now KT :blury:

-country music and comp hill don't mix :blink:

-some firewood is worth hanging on to: "Wilson!!!!" :rockon:

-"hey, who's throwin rocks at me??!!!...wait...wtf, that was a hamburger!" :think:

-rebar bandits! :ninja::dunno::boxer::boxer:

-$500 heat isn't worth sh*t unless you turn BOTH propane bottles on and have a full charged battery. :laughing:

-I think sanddunesaddict likes working on sandrails at the dunes. Even without his rail there he still managed to change out 4 CV's on OGP's car and get dirty. :slap:

-JoeDuner really really really wants a Funco now! :laughing::slap:

did anyone see that suzuki side kick or whatever on the 127 going into baker from dumont.....The thing was smokin...looked like it had been on fire for about 12hrs.........everything was melted except for the rims, body and frame.....

Yeah when I went by it was still on fire and blm just got there.

Almost to baker saw CHP and tow truck going out.

Finally when we got to Baker we saw the fire truck going out there.

That really sucks for whoever it was.

WOW, WHAT A TRIP!! We arrived around 6pm on Wednesday night, made camp and crashed. Wild wind storm on Thursday morning! Our trailer window faced the dune, so it was cool to wake up and see that every morning. First rider went by around 5:30am. Great riding! Our camp partied until 3am Friday morning. Went to comp hill Thursday night, but not many folks were there. But Friday night - it was HOPPIN'! I am amazed by the sand cars - we only know one person that has one, it says Vegas Steel on the back. What are they like to ride in??? I saw some on only 2 wheels at the top of the dune. That must be a wild ride. Pete, I went by the DDR camp a couple of times, but never caught you there. Maybe next time. I am still learning how to ride my new quad, so I took it easy, but did manage to actually get on a dune. I was always the utility quad beer girl - very different riding a Raptor! But, WAY MORE FUN!! I loved, loved, loved the fireworks!! I know the sign says NO FIREWORKS, but how romantic to have them. They were awesome. I took over 100 pics, I will read how to upload them to the site and get them on in the next couple of days. Met some real nice people. Can't WAIT to 'dune it' again. Do a lot of people go out for Christmas??? And, SO sorry I missed the naked guy in only VANS - that would have made for a good story! The lesson I did learn this past weekend.....no Southern Comfort shots before riding on the dunes between camp and Comp Hill in pickup truck!! PUKE HAPPENS!!!

post-1651-1164663899.jpg

Some observations this weekend......

1. The new blue Full Throttle energy drink and Jaeger are AWSOME together.... :happydrunks:

2. F150's dont get stuck at the enterance to comp like everyone else, even when you dont air down( never do)( at least mine doesnt)

3. You can still sleep at night after 5 or 6 cans of full throttle

4. Naked guy w/ bra and g-string get old after the 10th pass

5. Pete likes to have just corn and rolls for potluck

6. Being the last one's at comp on thurs., you learn to" kick it with ninja's" :smoker:

7. "what's this song playin?" Oh, it's called " Shut the F**k up"

Edited by vegas400ex

Some observations this weekend......

1. The new blue Full Throttle energy drink and Jaeger are AWSOME together.... :happydrunks:

2. F150's dont get stuck at the enterance to comp like everyone else, even when you dont air down( never do)( at least mine doesnt)

3. You can still sleep at night after 5 or 6 cans of full throttle

4. Naked guy w/ bra and g-string get old after the 10th pass

5. Pete likes to have just corn and rolls for potluck

6. Being the last one's at comp on thurs., you learn to" kick it with ninja's" :smoker:

7. "what's this song playin?" Oh, it's called " Shut the F**k up"

Jaeger Bombers are really AWESOME - drop a shot of Jaeger in a beer glass full of Red Bull (or your fave energy drink) One, Two, Three, FLOOR!! Guaranteed!!!

My Observations:

1 turkey taco's

2 children

3 children

4 mexico

5 spanish

6 children

7 salsa

8 no dumont

9 mexico

10 salsa

11 taco

12 landscaping

13 children

14 mexico

15 i dont speak spanish

Damn it!!! :happydrunks: :smoker:

Looks like everyone had fun. as you can tell so did I.

:blury::slap: :shoot:

My Observations:

1 turkey taco's

2 children

3 children

4 mexico

5 spanish

6 children

7 salsa

8 no dumont

9 mexico

10 salsa

11 taco

12 landscaping

13 children

14 mexico

15 i dont speak spanish

Damn it!!! :happydrunks: :smoker:

Looks like everyone had fun. as you can tell so did I.

:blury::slap: :shoot:

:shoot: :finger::boxer: Wish you could have made it out. It wasn't same w/o you.