Thanksgiving Weekend Report

HappyHour

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My observations of T-day weekend:

1. Pete is taller than me

2. DDR camp is a must visit when at Dumont (Thanks guys for the great welcome and Pete for the use of the BR)

3. Sobe bombs are the BOMB (better in person than on video)

4. No matter how much money I spend on my banshee I’m still always last

5. No matter how big your trailer is “sleeps 8” is still crowded

6. Someone in your camp getting hurt is a real bummer

7. The South Pole is easy to find

8. The Ice man is lonely at Dumont (loves to talk)

9. Joeduner is a quiet kinda guy

10. The ‘road’ to comp hill is VERY DARK when you are one of only

two quads on the way out there

Jaeger Bombers are really AWESOME - drop a shot of Jaeger in a beer glass full of Red Bull (or your fave energy drink) One, Two, Three, FLOOR!! Guaranteed!!!

You must not have been introduced to the :happydrunks: cuz if you like jaegerbombs you will LOVE the "Wounded Dolphin" Lets just say i went from sober to cut-off in less than 45min :D

You must not have been introduced to the :happydrunks: cuz if you like jaegerbombs you will LOVE the "Wounded Dolphin" Lets just say i went from sober to cut-off in less than 45min :D

No, I can't say I've ever heard of the :smoker: I will make that a MUST DO next time. By the way...when is next time? I spent all last week gearing up to go for the weekend and now I feel I have nothing to look forward to. I am having withdrawals!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Or, maybe the alcohol is just now leaving my system :blury:

Words from last weekend my boyfriend never wants to hear:

Honey, I'm stuck!! (no paddle tires yet)

AGAIN! AGAIN! (going over the whoops on the way to Comp Hill)

Honey, I'm stuck again!!! (vendor row)

LOOK AT THAT!! (Sand Cars)

OMG LOOK AT THAT!! (More Sand Cars)

WHAT'S THAT??? (Looks like a VW with XMAS lights)

Honey......I'm stuck!!! (the dunes behind Comp Hill)

AGAIN!! AGAIN!! (Jaeger Bombs)

Honey, I gotta pee! (Comp Hill Friday night right after we arrived - damn those WHOOPS!)

post-1651-1164674195.jpg

phrases I heard ALOT of...

-"Where's Anna?" (duniemonkie)

-"Someone came by camp looking for you while you were gone" :boxer::blury:

-"Do we have any more empty SOBE bottles?"

-"Pete, what time are we having the potluck?" :shoot:

-"what else do we have for food?"

-"is that pizza part of the potluck?"

-and of course the famous: "that's fuggin right", "your a$$ hurts", and "come onnnn!!!", and "check it out..." :slap::happydrunks:

-"where the hell are the tres hermaons?" :shoot:

another observation....

always have a full 5 gallon gas can at comp- it spices things right up! :smoker: :finger:

Good times for Turkey day weekend.

The thanksgiving potluck was AWESOME!!! Im glad the weather was nice enough for us all to sit down together, made for a really great thanksgiving.

My observations

1. Chris1223 ISNT a "BIG FAN" of peeps lookin for BOMBS!!!! :shoot: :happydrunks: :smoker:

2. Gravy jars dont work as Sobe Bombs!!!

3. Need to limit washing dishes on long weekends, runs your hauler outta water!

4. Never let your teenager carry his housekeys in his jacket pocket when I wear it!! :finger:

5. Im apparently elected the DDR Miget/PLC!!! Im just a midget standing next to Ba Bert!!

6. The burb does awesome duning it out to Comp!!

7. Always bring TP to comp when your goin to party for a while!!

8. 9 digit makes an awesome bartender at Comp!!!! Woooo Hooooo, here Ill try that!!! mmmmmmmm

9. NO COMMENT ON PEOPLES BUSINESS.

10. Small camps ROCK!!!

11. crawlinx has loading stuff in his hauler down to a science!! He brought 9 bikes out!!! :slap: :shoot:

12. Flying burgers at peeps half asleep makes for great laughs!

13. Kris didnt crash this trip!!!! :no_no:

14. Tres Hermanos are missed when they camp FARRRRRRRRRRRRRR away

15. I need more therapy, THANKS KENNY!!! Crazy freak!!! Oh yeah, had to burn the beanie after the tightie whities touched it. :boxer::blury:

I think thats about it for now!!!

Definately good times with DDR!!!!

Ps. We definately missed the Monkie!!! :slap:

Thast what cell phones are for.. If you have a medical emergency and you dial 911 if you have zero bars yoru call will go thru.. 911 is designed to use ANY cell service around no matter what. There wasnt a problem with medical services during the middle of august.

Really I didnt know that, pretty good thing to know, are you sure though? Pete, I used to go on off weekends all the time and dont see a single ranger, this was years ago though...

My Observations:

1 turkey taco's

2 children

3 children

4 mexico

5 spanish

6 children

7 salsa

8 no dumont

9 mexico

10 salsa

11 taco

12 landscaping

13 children

14 mexico

15 i dont speak spanish

Damn it!!! :happydrunks: :smoker:

Looks like everyone had fun. as you can tell so did I.

:blury::slap: :shoot:

How do you so MUTHA BITCHEZZ IN SPANISH? MUTHA O BITCHEZZ O? LOL

Really I didnt know that, pretty good thing to know, are you sure though? Pete, I used to go on off weekends all the time and dont see a single ranger, this was years ago though...

Yup, cell phones will work anywhere to a 911 call. I found that out a couple years ago when I got stuck out at amargosa and had no cell service. Got buried up to the frame of my hauler, and wasnt anyone around.

s

unlikely , glamis is filled with those from the flats to the gecko , i hit one many years ago and landed on my a@# so hard it cost me a new pair of boxers.

Glamis at night is bad enough BUT there was KIDDIE TRACKS everywhere and deep tracks heard there were over 50 accidents from Kiddie tracks this week from the Rangers

I went out Saturday for the day and had a great time! Took my drag Raptor out and did a little racing, its nice to see a few of you got pics of me and maybe even more since I didnt get any at all lol. I had to cut the racing short due to some radiator hose problems but had a great time anyways. I drove all around in the afternoon looking for the DDR camp but wasnt sure were it was at and didnt see any baners or anything like that. Hopefully next trip will be an overnighter and I can meet up with some of you.

I went out Saturday for the day and had a great time! Took my drag Raptor out and did a little racing, its nice to see a few of you got pics of me and maybe even more since I didnt get any at all lol. I had to cut the racing short due to some radiator hose problems but had a great time anyways. I drove all around in the afternoon looking for the DDR camp but wasnt sure were it was at and didnt see any baners or anything like that. Hopefully next trip will be an overnighter and I can meet up with some of you.

Hey Sean. I was over at Banshee Hill looking for you Saturday AM but I forgot what kind of bike you had. :coocoo: Which one was it? :think:

I did have the banner up at our camp and we were just about a couple hundred feet from bathroom 6...no big balloon this time though. Sorry we missed you, maybe next time. :D:thumb:

Thast what cell phones are for.. If you have a medical emergency and you dial 911 if you have zero bars yoru call will go thru.. 911 is designed to use ANY cell service around no matter what. There wasnt a problem with medical services during the middle of august.

why would that need a fking reply!!!!hes saying it would take longer for help thats for sure!!! :dunno:j/k :coocoo:

Edited by rhino king

actually it wouldnt take that much longer jackass... By the time they figured out WHAT they wanted to do that night in the middle of the summer it only took EMS about 35-40 min to get to dumont.. they are based out of baker.. place call they get rolling..

I got my pixs done for Thanksgiving. I have some funny ones of :coocoo: in camp, but I got to tired to mess with them last night :thumb:

Not draggin the skidplate. :offtopic:

post-1439-1164731005.jpg

:dance: I wanna learn to do this :think:

post-1439-1164731039.jpg

Best Friends 4 Ever :hug:

post-1439-1164731071.jpg

I think I might start using this one. Since Pedro is gonna lose :bawl::offtopic:

post-1439-1164731090.jpg

I AM THE DRIVER OF THE IT'A ALL GOOD CAR THAT ROLLED ON COMP HILL ON SATURDAY. I HAVE BEEN DUNING FOR 18 YRS AND THIS IS THE FIRST (AND I HOPE LAST) FLIP I EVER DO. THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL THAT HELP GETTING THE CAR DOWN AND ONTO THE TRAILER TO GET IT BACK TO CAMP. TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAD A BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT SAND BUUGY SUPPY CARS... IT DID IT'S JOB AND WE BOTH WALKED OUT OF THE ROLL AND WE HAD 4 HARD HITS.I AM NOT SURE WHEN I WILL GET BACK INTO THE DRIVER SEAT BUT ONE DAY I WILL. I LOVE TO RIDE AND DRIVE BUT WHEN YOU SEE THE LOOK ON YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS FACES AND YOUR LIFE GO BEFORE YOUR EYES..... IT'S A WAKE UP CALL. I JUST WONT TO SAY TO MY FAMILY SORRY I SCARED THE sh*t OUT OF YOU ALL :offtopic: BUT WE MADE IT....AND IT'S ALL GOOD..... THANKS AGAIN ALL. GOD BLESS... :thumb:

My trip went well.THe new truck rocks!!! :coocoo:

Is anybody missing a can of Tecate?? I just emptied my cooler and there was one in there.

Maybe its was our neighbors? :offtopic: they forgot to get it in the morning. :think:

Its good to hear your friend is ok Aaron.

it wasnt pretty here are the pics

Thanksgiving06crash001.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash002.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash003.jpg

passenger "c" pillar

Thanksgiving06crash004.jpg

bottom of "c" pillar

Thanksgiving06crash005.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash006.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash007.jpg

drivers "c"pillar

Thanksgiving06crash008.jpg

Thanksgiving06crash009.jpg

drivers "b"pillar

Thanksgiving06crash010.jpg

Here we go again, first off, you guys are so lucky to be alive after seeing those pictures....The car barely did its job, im sure you realize this..... just curious, would you buy that car again after seeing how it basically crumbled? I think those pictures are nothing sand buggy supply cars would brag about!!!!!!!! Glad everyone was alright!!