1-20-07 weekend Trip Report

dunefreak

Well I managed to squeeze in a little day trip today. :woo_hoo: Actuially it was more like a half day trip or 4 hrs to be exact. It was well worth it too! My day started out with throwing my 2 wheeler, little cooler, and gear bag in the DMax and hauled azz to D! :driver: I made record time getting there :stirthepot: and had no problem finding camp. Most everyone was out on a ride when I got there so I took off and rode camp to camp to chat and say hi to the fellow DDR peeps that I could find. In a matter of 20-30 minutes I had managed to track down Captainkirk, Dman, Mike156, ynot, ash, b370, rogers807, and then saw Raptoroy over at vendor row! :thumb: Ok that sounded like I rode all over, but actually it was only 2 camps. :clap:

The weather was beautiful all day. I actually got a little warm in just my normal riding gear/ no long sleeves. The dunes were pretty smooth and had not too many tracks. I was able to get a good run in with kris and racnjasen. We hit the dunes and ended up at the north pole.

normal_S2010088~4.JPG

Then...here comes JoeDuner on the huntin quad pulling a long azz wheelie! :laughoff: I think that is his signature move from now on. :laughoff:

We then cruised back to camp and it was just about time to go meet up for the 2 o'clock ride at the south pole.

Sparky getting the little ones strapped in...

normal_S2010092~4.JPG

There was a pretty good turnout of peeps....

normal_S2010094~3.JPG

We hit the dunes and like always the crowd left at different times and was pretty much several groups. :coocoo::laughing: Most the bikes went first then the buggies left after. We somehow ended up meeting up with the buggies in the middle of the dunes though. Raptoroy blew an intercooler hose off. Luckily it was an easy fix though. :D

normal_S2010097~3.JPG

normal_S2010098~1.JPG

We then hit the north pole, found our buddy Stephan out there that we had no idea was going out to Dumont :laughing: , then cruised over to comp for some hill action.

normal_S2010100~1.JPG

After the ride I had very little time to hang out because I needed to get back to see my mom in the hospital before visiting hours were over. It was hard to leave. The beer was tasty, plenty of good company, and the fire was just lit. :banghead: It was all good though. By going out today for even a short day run I was able to take one last load off from a pretty stressfull week. The 2 wheeler does wonders in that department. :idiot::rockon: :jester:

It was great seeing everyone out there today and was cool to finally put a couple faces to names (Sparky and Happyhour). :D:laughoff: I hope everyone has a safe and fun rest of the weekend out there.

PaulyPaul & FMF luver...

normal_S2010103~1.JPG

normal_S2010104~1.JPG

Superdave with a cold beer and a smile :beerpint::D

normal_S2010102~1.JPG

heading home down Dumont Dunes Rd with a nice sunset to finish the day B)

normal_S2010109~1.JPG

GOOD TIMES......GOOOOD TIMES :grin:

Sounds Like a nice trip Dunefreak!! Nice to see Super Dave with a beer and a smile in the Dunes!!

My weekend report so far is I spent all day sanding the homemade (custom) speaker box for my buddies insanely stupid big stereo for his ranger. But I was nearly as dirty when i was finished as a nice day in the sand. :stirthepot:

Just rolled in and half unpacked when i left only rasnjason was left and he was leaving in the next 5 minutes. wind was so bad as i drove out it was hard to find the road through the sand and dust. windy all the way home used more fuel then normal.

saturday was perfect clean dunes lots of good rides i saw the north pole 3 times and south 2 times. 450r was fun need to do a little tweeking with it intake, muffler, revalve the shocks nerfs.

had a good time in camp i think we had a good group. sorry if it got a little loud saturday night sparky hope we didnt scare you away nice car like the black frame!

weekend should hold me for one more last week in detroit. presidents day is the next trip for sure for me might get another before.........

DDR can burn some wood i think in 2 nights we did 2 cords felt nice!

Edited by vegas style

got there fri @5 meet up with dinicolada and family found a spot to park and wouldn't you know it Davey finds the only soft spot in the area and diggs in no worries though he got out this morning had a good time on the ddr ride had an even better one a little later captainkirk took us on a high speed run for about an hour and 45 it was awesome actually touched 4th a couple of times :laughoff: mike156 had his ls1 following the subies and he actually kept up lol

kirk's friend puala supplied the entertainment (overlydrunk people are funny) :laughoff: :mc_smiley:

my wife actually came out for the weekend and went on a ride she and had a good time

it was good to see Pete out for the day of course he was happy to see me on the DDR ride as was the rest of the beerless crew as they will now be callled which contains the likes of Pete,Wingnut, PaulyPaul,& Kris :mc_smiley:

just glad i had enough to keep us and them from being thirsty :laughoff:

Stacey sreams alot when she's runnin around in the rail i think i'm still deaf in my right ear

all in all it was a great trip thanks kirk and mike for letting us camp with u

My observations of the weeked

1. Randogs car is still fast, thanks for the ride :laughoff:

2. big wheel motorcycles rock! :mc_smiley:

3. keg beer was flat

4. long islands are good stuff

5. Craigs awning didnt AWN very well

6. kirks car is BADA$$, thanks for that ride too

7. technical difficulties were had trying to go over comp in kirks rail, and kirks wife didnt like it.lol

8. joes car can wheelie, thanks for that ride

9. whats stacey say to the face? SLAP!!! just say no to jeager :mc_smiley:

10. the camp over wasnt doing very well with the sobe bombs.

11. there was a lot of food sat. night, all of it was very good

12. dune groupy= lots of rail rides

13. randogs camp also served as a full service pit stop

14. Overall, good peeps and good times all weekend, even without my bike.

heres a pic and a vid of some sort of explosion that was going on the next camp over... interrupted me just as i was finishing my hot cocoa. those smores were good too!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/dn...r1-20-06001.jpg

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/dn...r1-20-06002.flv

damn it was good to finally get out again. even though my banshee wasnt running as good as i like i still managed to keep my old a$$ up with paul and pete running from the south pole to the north. rode in vinces rail finally after seeing it sit in the garage for i dont know how many years in the making. when he gets the front end issues solved it will be all good. he built a strong vw motor. good to see all the peeps again along with some new ones. vinces chicken wings were the shiz. too bad it was so damn windy this morning. i just packed up and left, came home and watched football and dakar rally highlights. missed my motor home though. havent done the tent thing in a while and it sucked. i couldnt see bringing it out just for me but next time if im by myself i probably will. at least i can hang out and watch movies or something when the weather is crappy like this morning. im liking these off weekends when its not so crowded. im looking forward to the next trip.

got there fri @5 meet up with dinicolada and family found a spot to park and wouldn't you know it Davey finds the only soft spot in the area and diggs in no worries though he got out this morning

Damn, that sucked!! The hauler getting stuck part, that is. Stopped the truck in its tracks! Couldn't level out worth beans, had to use my handy dandy rock buddy to prop the landing door open.

had a good time on the ddr ride had an even better one a little later captainkirk took us on a high speed run for about an hour and 45 it was awesome actually touched 4th a couple of times :laughoff: mike156 had his ls1 following the subies and he actually kept up lol

OH MY GAAAWWWDDDDD!!!!! Whatta ride! Davey and I in Kirk's car, thought we were going for a little ride, NOT!! All I can say is thank goodness I was in the back seat, LOL! You are one hell of a driver Kirk, and thank you SOOOOO much for inviting us along! I saw dunes I never knew existed! Ate some of 'em, too! :D

kirk's friend puala supplied the entertainment (overlydrunk people are funny) :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley:

my wife actually came out for the weekend and went on a ride she and had a good time

Thanks Dan for a GREAT weekend!! Glad we hooked up, would do it again in a heart beat!

all in all it was a great trip thanks kirk and mike for letting us camp with u

I second that motion! Kirk and Janet, great peeps! Mason and Paula, great folks to meet and putt around with. Mike is way cool too! Always smilin'. :D

Thanks so much to all the great DDR people for letting us hang with you guys.

No worries Vegas Style, didn't seem to loud we all fell right to sleep in the MOHO.

Also thanks Joeduner for leading me around on those dune runs, nice to follow someone that knows the area so well.

We will definitely be back if you guys will have us. :mc_smiley:

post-1327-1169436584.jpg

Great weekend. :dunno:

Good to see everyone again and meet some new peeps too.

Saturday was Awesome:

Great weather.

Awesomely fast dune run. :dunno:

( although I didn't get to the DDR ride, I know, Pete already chewed me out for that :dunno: )

THEN the sun went down: :dunno:

Pulled up at the hill to help with the pony keg :mc_smiley: Thanks someone for the beer.

Had a blast there.

Dan and I were last stragglers chillin', talkin' to some old dudes on those big wheel bikes.

I thought we were hammered till those guys showed up. :dunno: :mc_smiley:

Then it was over to DDR camp. :laughoff:

Thanks Craig and Tiff for the Jager Blasters :laughoff: cool peeps. :dunno:

The night flew-bye so fast.

I wanted to chill at your campfire too with everyone. :dunno:

Sundays wind was a little hectic.

We skipped our ride and just got out of there.

I think Prez weekend will be our next, I'm lookin' forward to chillin' then. :laughoff:

R-

It was an eventful weekend. Here goes:

We left Vegas on Friday at 1:00pm headed for the truck stop. So after getting fueled up, we were on the road by 1:30pm. Everything is going smooth right? So we take the turn at Tecopa Road and as we are approaching Front Sight Road, I ask the wife, "Honeyyyy, did you grab the Rhino keys?" and she replies, "Uh, NO." My Dad was driving the wife's truck with the Rhino's. So I pull over and go back to ask him and his reply was, "You've got to be shittn' me!" So he turned around and headed back to Vegas to get the keys. So the wife and my 2 girls head on down the road. We got about 10 miles away and I hear a KABOOM, followed by a sudden jerk to the right as both truck and trailer make a detour to the dirt. I get out and I find that the passenger side front tire on the trailer blew up. I get everything ready to take the tire off and change it, but the truck wouldn't disconnect from the trailer, so I used a bottle jack along with the landing gear and stabalizer jacks to get the trailer high enough to change the tire. After about an hour, I finally got the tire changed and as I'm airing it up, I see a BIG bus coming at us from about 2 miles away. I say to my wife, "There's Terry." So here it comes truckn' along about 60mph and there he goes. If you have never seen a bus towing and big trailer go from 60mph to a dead stop real quick, well it's pretty impressive. So out pops Walt running back to me and here comes Terry backing this rig up about 1/4 of a mile. So with their help, everything gets put away and it's time to get back on the road.

We pull onto Dumont Road at 4:55pm and thank God, we are finally there. So we make the flats and as I round the bend, I see a BIG bus towing a real big trailer buried in the sand. Yep, it's Terry. Seems he had found a real soft area to take a break and shoot the sh*t. So we decide to start yanking him from the trailer backwards. First we start with my winch, which at it's peak, I hear and see a very loud SNAP. The winch cable came out of the barrel that holds the cable to the motor. My fault, we took the line out too far. So Walt, using his ingenious actions fixes the cable and we are back in business, but to no avail..he was really STUCK. So I take my trailer and drop it and come back to start yanking with my truck from the front. This went on for a little while, but nothing. So we decide to call it a night and go back to our camp.

Next morning we wake up and head over to start digging. As I pull up, I see the trailer had been disconnected and the bus was moving backwards on its own. It was over, he was out and we were on our way to the real camp. Everyone gets setup and we are enjoying one of the nicest days at Dumont I can remember. The weather was as good as it gets. Took the kids out in the Rhinos, let them ride all over the place. We took a trip to the North Pole to see Santa being hanged.

So all in all, it was a very eventful, awesome weather, great riding weekend. As always, there are no other people like Dune people. Thanks to Terry and Walt for stopping for me in my distress :D . Here are some pics from the weekend.

Really Stuck

post-625-1169440085.jpg

Ready to Pull

post-625-1169440145.jpg

Power

post-625-1169440175.jpg

Rhino maiden voyage

post-625-1169440236.jpg

My setup

post-625-1169440312.jpg

New flag

post-625-1169440353.jpg

With kids at North Pole

post-625-1169440405.jpg

Awesome sunset

post-625-1169440485.jpg

POS Tire

post-625-1169440534.jpg

We had a great time. Thanks to cptnkirk, mike156 and dman and others (Dave and Mason) for one of the best camps I have had in the short 2 years of full time duning great camp hosts made us feel right at home right away.

The vibe around the camp fire was like we have been friends for a long time and made me; wife and kids feel very at home.

I can’t thank Kirk enough for the buggy ride you did a great job of driving got my heart pumping but I did not feel like you were ever out of control would let you take any one of my family for a ride in a heart beat.

Had fun over at the other camp (camp 6, not DDR camp) both times that we were there and enjoyed the show from the other camp over thanks guys

The trailer was not as stuck as I thought it was. I just started the truck up rehooked it up and gave it a good yank and out it came.

The Saturday ride was good even though I was on my niece’s warrior I just rode with the kids and Mason and his wife and I actually made it to the north pole this time.

post-796-1169443205.jpg

post-796-1169443250.jpg

post-796-1169443291.jpg

post-796-1169443326.jpg

post-796-1169443364.jpg

post-796-1169443408.jpg

post-796-1169602781.jpg

Edited by dinicolada

OK I'm confused about 2 things here.

1. WTF is this about a DDR camp??? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

2. KIRK taking people on a fast buggy ride??? :laughoff::laughoff: :mc_smiley:

WTF--WTF :dunno:

I figured the camp with the most DDR peeps was the DDR camp.

Plus the Prez was there. I seen him. I did I did. So there. :mc_smiley:

aaaaFuggit ....Your right.....WTF :dunno::dunno::dunno:

:laughoff:

It was a fun weekend.... :mc_smiley: Saturday was definitely the best day, weather, rides, dunes, etc. Well my group ended up flaking out on me at the last minute :dunno: But it was a nice weekend with just the family, it was very relaxing to say the least and I got more :mc_smiley: than usual because I wasn't up :dunno: like usual. But I did want to thank those that offered for my family and I to stay with them this past weekend, that was very nice and I might just take you up on in the futures :laughoff:

I did meet a handful of you this weekend and that was cool also to finally be able to meet some of you. Wish I could have met more, but there was a lot of peeps at the ride on Saturday. That ride was a blast, and I totally enjoyed driving my mid-travel VW powered rail trying to keep up with all those High-travel big powered cars..........That was FUN!! :dunno: I was 3rd and 4th gear all the way......... :laughoff:

Anyway, we headed out by 8:30 am on Sunday morning to try to beat some of that wind on the drive home. My next Dumont trip will be the weekend of the cleanup so hopefully I can meet another handful of you then. :dunno::dunno::laughoff:

Hey Pete, it was very cool to finally have met you and I hope everything is still going your moms way as far as recovery is concerned............ :dunno:

Edited by HappyHour

WTF--WTF :dunno:

I figured the camp with the most DDR peeps was the DDR camp.

Plus the Prez was there. I seen him. I did I did. So there. :mc_smiley:

aaaaFuggit ....Your right.....WTF :dunno::dunno::dunno:

:laughoff:

:laughoff: nevermind, Randog. I don't think you got the joke. :dunno::dunno:

Hey Pete, it was very cool to finally have met you and I hope everything is still going your moms way as far as recovery is concerned............ :dunno:

Hey Mike, it was cool finally meeting you too (in person that is). :laughoff: After chatting for over a year or so online it was cool to finally put a face to a name. :mc_smiley: As for my mom, she is doing great! Every day is a huge improvement! Thanks for the concern. :D

Anybody know what happened to the motorcycle rider on top of comp hill Saturday around noon? His bike had broken handle bars and looked like he possibly had a compound femur fracture? Somebody ended up driving their f-350 up there to load him up and bring him down.

Anybody know what happened to the motorcycle rider on top of comp hill Saturday around noon? His bike had broken handle bars and looked like he possibly had a compound femur fracture? Somebody ended up driving their f-350 up there to load him up and bring him down.

we seen flight for life take someone out not sure what happnd. maybe that was him. we were at camp when it happened so we didnt see it.

The guy was learning to jump his 2 wheeler by doing his training off the top of comp hill! He had a open broken femur. Not a good place to learn how to jump in my opinion. He might agree with me today?

we seen flight for life take someone out not sure what happnd. maybe that was him. we were at camp when it happened so we didnt see it.

We were down in the wash when we saw the helicopter circle around. We just looked at eachother shaking our heads, must be stupidity. Davey noticed the broken bike in the bed of a truck parked by the pay station.

had a great time this weekend :D thanks stacey,craig, and tiff for putting me up this weekend :laughing: it was great to see everyone and meet some new DDR peeps... :thumb: i think i rode more on saturday than i did all of t-day weekend :cripple: here are a few pics :ninja: all the pics are in the gallery :beercheers:

post-672-1169526448.jpg

post-672-1169526478.jpg

post-672-1169526505.jpg

post-672-1169526526.jpg

post-672-1169526561.jpg

post-672-1169526582.jpg

post-672-1169526606.jpg