Trip Report

HappyHour

Well I figured I'd start the thread since I ended up staying at home. My daughter fell ill and stayed with her. (If it wasn't coming out one end, it was coming out the other, if ya catch my drift) But I do want to hear how the weekend was..................so let's hear it..................

I hope everyone had a fun but safe time ......... :barf::coocoo::beat::coocoo:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so bummed that we were not able to go. I really miss working the registration booth. I had so much fun last year meeting everyone. Definitely something I will never forget. Well maybe next year. Hubby's health is more important.

Hope the little one is feeling better.

Edited by sandqueen

As expected DDR won the most bags picked up again this year.

IT was definatley an awesome weekend. a little windy at times but other than that a great time. My samurai did great for One Wheel Drive and some creative driving skills :P It was great seeing everyone again. Cant wait for the next trip in 3 weeks..

Cleanup was a great success as usual and went really smooth this year with everyones help. It was great seeing everyone. I'll post up a trip report pretty soon. I gotta go unload the hauler now. Damn I'm beat. :blury::DDRrocks:

Cleanup was a great success as usual and went really smooth this year with everyones help. It was great seeing everyone. I'll post up a trip report pretty soon. I gotta go unload the hauler now. Damn I'm beat. :blury: :blury:

Yeah I just finished with the hauler. I hate the wind, it hinders my drinking and my socializing :DDRrocks: !! My sinus's get effed up and my eyes get really irritated from it :blury: . Sorry Pauly I wasnt outside most of the time for your drunkin stuper lol. All in all a great weekend. great rides, fun races(even in the car).

was racing a guy at comp in my car and when we took off I actually won.......lol he broke his tranny but a win is a win.. tranny's side bearing started leaking a little but was able to drive it anyway. Supprising there was a lot of trailers out there this weekend. Cleanup was fun (like usual) camp was fun (thanks Pete and AHHHHHNNA :D ) for letting us in the super secret camp spot(j/k). Happy B-Day Pauly.

Cant wait for Easter now (going out again) .... watchout Bob here I come lol

Capt

What a long weekend, got unloaded and swept the face hill outta my hauler. That wind was relentless this past weekend, it did calm down some on occasion which made for the perfect dunes. Still a great weekend hanging with everyone and seeing what a success the cleanup was. Thanks again to everyone who supported it this year and to all the sponsors for there contributions. Very tired, will have to look at some pics and see what hasn't been posted up yet. Great times....SF Woody :DDRrocks:

Well another successful cleanup!!! I was out for a quick LONGGGGGGGG 24 hr trip. lol I want to say thanks to everyone who stepped up and donated as well as worked their butts off to make this cleanup the success that it was.

I believe Terry said we raised $1608 from the raffle tickets for the generator and tool box. Its a start for the defense needed to fight the fringe toed lizard BS. Terry and myself were pushing to get every dollar possible outta people for the cause.

I didnt get a chance to take any pics this year. Busy working then it was just to darn windy.

I was nominated into FoDD to handle memberships. As soon as the website is up and revamped and I get some more info, ill be passing that along. Like to get as many people signed up as possible to keep everyone up to date!

Great pics woods, cant wait to see everyone elses pics!!

Thanks again to everyone that stepped up!! Makes me happy to know so many people care about keeping our wonderful dunes open!! :DDRrocks:

OMG that picture of Pauly jumping...hilarious!!! Wow!!!! We are home, left after you guys all pulled out...the wind still wouldn't give up. We turned the hauler around to load up it was that bad. Linus went on a long chase...he kept up with the quads pretty well. I'm sore from jumping in and out of the truck to grab the trash, but I had fun with you all doing it!!

OMG that picture of Pauly jumping...hilarious!!! Wow!!!! We are home, left after you guys all pulled out...the wind still wouldn't give up. We turned the hauler around to load up it was that bad. Linus went on a long chase...he kept up with the quads pretty well. I'm sore from jumping in and out of the truck to grab the trash, but I had fun with you all doing it!!

Sorry I missed you Nik! We'll catch up next time! :DDRrocks:

I had a great long weekend pulled in with woody Thursday afternoon it was 90 and nice. then all the sudden wind!! it blew hard all night little hauler was broadside and unhooked made for a loud bumpy night. all the wind made for great sand a lot of virgin sand and few whoops. had a lot of awesome rides. pauly that 70 is fun but put a muffler on it. he made every fire jump and there was a lot of them. I was done with the wind by Sunday so I was up and out before noon. DDR rocks thanks for the good time again!!

ok here it goes, pull up a chair like usual. lol :blury:

Weekend was LOTS of fun. It was cool to see everybody pull together as a group to make the cleanup so much fun and such a success!

Huge thanks each and every person who came out and picked up trash and voluteered thier hard work. Friends of Dumont Dunes and the BLM do such a great job each and every year with the cleanup. I appreciate everything they do for us. Thank you, guys. :clap:

The weekend started for me and Steveo when we showed up Thursday night around 9:30. The wind was brutal. Wsky70 and Vegas Style were already there. Once we pulled in we reluctantly unloaded the bikes in that nasty sand storm and then quickly set up so we could enjoy a Thirsty Thursday at the dunes. :6pak: :blury:

Friday was absolutely beautiful weather. The wind kicked up only a few times, but was never that bad. We got together with some of Randog's crew for some sweet rides. :rockwoot: The dunes were SMOOTH and the razors were sharp. During one of the rides as I came up over a dune facing the east side, I was suprised to see how much was in bloom. The whole area was full of purple and yellow vegetation.

Friday we got some things together for the cleanup. We got the shade canopy set up, gathered all the raffle prizes up for FoDD, and made sure they had all the help that was required.

Friday night after everyone else pulled in, the nightime festivities began around the fire like usual. Good times. :blury:

Saturday after everything was set up over at the cleanup, I got my "rhino" (Dmax) all hooked up to transport a handfull of DDR peeps around to pick up trash. We hit up the camp area out by bathroom 3 and 7, comp hill area, Banshee Hill, and through the whoops going to comp. It didn't seem like there was that much trash as last year. That was a good thing though. We still managed to haul back 16 bags of trash.

After all the trash was turned in, the festivities started. Sin City Blondie and ynot did a great job selling a BUNCH of raffle tickets for the generator. Some FoDD announcements were made and then the raffle began. It went really smooth this year. Prizes were being handed out left and right. :blury:

After the raffle was all done and the grand prize winners were called off, the wind kicked up pretty fast. Thanks to all those who stuck around to help us take down that canopy (especially Big Gunz and some of the DSD Crew). I thought we were gonna go hang gliding there for a second. :shocked::laughing:

After everything was taken down at the cleanup, we hung out at camp for a little while to relax. Then before we knew it, it was almost time for the south pole meet & greet.

The meet & greet was a pretty good turnout. It was great to see everyone and chat out there. The wind slowed down long enough for that to work out and then get some good riding in afterwards. :rockwoot: Man, those dunes were great! Some areas were kinda sketchy though.

Saturday night was Pauly Pauls 30th birthday celebration. Captnkllm brought him out in the rail while we set up the birthday festivities. We suprised him when he got back and then the usual shananigans began. :shots:

We were eating like kings all weekend. Steveo & I grilled up some bomb azz burgers, BBQ chicken, ribs, brats, etc. :DDRrocks: :chug: :beerpint:

Saturday was a long azz day for me. I don't think I got to bed till about 4 am or so. We were up watching movies on the projector on Capts trailer side.

Sunday was just rediculous with the wind. We got everything packed up and headed out about 1 ish. When we stopped in Tecopa to dump the haulers we found everyone else from camp there and had a sh*t dumping party. :laughing:

some observations....

-DDR won the trophy again for most # of trash bags :clap: Good job everyone. :D

-We went through ALOT of firewood

-Pauly Paul and stalteri920 put on a good show jumping the fire on there mini bikes :laughing:

-lots of left over hot dogs from the BLM fed a bunch of peeps in our camp AND allowed for a weiner food fight :laughoff:

-pack it in, throw it on the ground :laughoff:

-"turd burp" :lol:

- :shout: "DUNE PORTER!" lol

-Anna won a stripper pole. hahaaa

-ISBB can dune his Samurai with only a front drive shaft

-ynot's car doubles as a moving van for raffle prizes

-bent rims suck! stupid rock :banghead:

-little dogs were everywhere in our camp :laughing:

-dunelover and Capt have just about anything you need, except cups :laughing: You guys are super generous. Thank you.

-everyone except sandchick (of all people!) wore green for the St Pattys day celebrations :laughing:

-met some extremely nice folks from AZ (Tom and Teresa). Nice meeting you guys and thanks for everything. :blury: Hope we can meet up again.

one wheel drive.. and only a front drive shaft makes for some intresting dune driving :P

Pete you thought leaving the south pole was funny you should have seen the north pole that was even better.. Could only go backwards for a while lol. Good times.. cant wait for the bachelor weekend when ill have all 4 wheels pullin instead of just 1

We had a great time...even though I missed Pauly's party. I was hurtin pretty good by Sat night from the toyhauler mattress :blury: and decided it would be best to stick to camp and :6pak:. Next time fo shizzle. :laughoff::blury:

Observations:

- This was our first cleanup and I thought our crew did well...... 12 bags worth....and a couple of carpets.

- "Golf ball!!!" I think we found 7 or 8 of those things everywhere.

- :laughing: Lindsay who? :duniemonkie: :chug: I think Anna even forgot for a minute!

- Scoring a trophy for the most unusual item was kinda cool. :laughing: That was actually my first trophy ever. :beerpint::shots:

- The bonus was winning a LED whip in the raffle. :laughing:

- I actually made it to the meet and greet, and there's photographic evidence. :laughing:

- Toyhauler mattresses could cause a person to need a hip replacement! HRP (pronounced herpie) Hip Replacement Program. :clap::banghead: I woke up Sat morning and almost fell right back down when I put pressure on my left leg. :blury::rockwoot: Getting older sucks.

- Following my wife in the rail while she led a really nice ride on the Raptor behind comp kicks a$$!!!!!! :blury: Right on babe.....I'm proud of you. :blury:

- Hearing the wife say "I really love that bike and had a great time" more than once is priceless. :shocked:

- Wind.....a necessary evil. :laughoff:

- Duniemonkie needs to check before socking a guy in the trophy next time. :laughing: I knew I put that trophy in my back pocket for a reason. :DDRrocks:

It was nice seeing some familiar faces throughout the weekend, and it was good meeting some new folks too. The rail ran sweet :laughing: and the dunes were nice and smooth all weekend. There were lots of free give aways and the prizes were very nice. Thanks again DDR!!

:rockwoot: