If you are not going to the night drags!?

Kens Colors

We are not going to work this Saturday at the shop and its Kasey's 13th birthday.

So we are going to make a 2 day camp and ride trip. Kinda nice, my wife and kid

asked me if we could go this weekend!! So close to home and cool is what I am going

for this weekend.

Anybody want to join us, let me know. We plan to get up there before dark Friday night.

I have never camped up there before but it does seem to have many spots just depends on how far back one wants to haul the camper back in there. I think we are gonna camp near the ponds tho.

Carefull when anyone parks/camps by the ponds up there at cold creek, there are new signs posted about parking to close to water. Some new NRS crap about being a least a football field ( yes 100 yrs. or 300 ft) from the water , Metro SUV pulled up to my camp there last weekend after dark and shined his nice bright Spotlight in my living room window, and informed me of the new ordinance! there two signs posted , one up by the upper (smaller) body of water, and another down at larger one. Both signs are as big as a shoebox lid, gotta be looking to see them. I was parked about 60 ft from back side of larger one. No ticket, just temporary blindness from Spotlight !! :headbang1: he told me quote " when people park so close to the waters edge,its scares the horses/wildlife from drinking at the area's". Here is a picture i took the next morning of how scared the horses are ! don't they look frighten ? I can just see FEAR in there eyes ! der

post-402-1218380200_thumb.jpg

Edited by MCGYVER

We had a great weekend up in the cool mountain air. I just finally had a chance to download pics of the trip.

We found one trail that had us at 7500 ft same height as wheeler pass but east of the "village". It was nice to find some new trails that I hadn't ridden yet and still have some new ones to continue on. we were so far back up in there that we turned back and figured we would take that trail next time with a full tank of gas. The "wild mustangs" don't seem to be wild or mustangs at all, they sure are friendly and will come steal your water while you are drinking it!! Here are a few photos of the weekend.

post-416-1218670458_thumb.jpg

post-416-1218670495_thumb.jpg

post-416-1218670552_thumb.jpg

post-416-1218670591_thumb.jpg

post-416-1218670626_thumb.jpg

Awesome pics there Ken!! Brings back fond memories. :dance: Kinda ironic.....Davey and I were just talking about this place the other night. Cold Creek is where I got hooked on riding!! My bro-in-law's wife took me out on a spectacular run and I got bit by the ATV bug!! :headbang1: