Poker Run Trip Reports

sand chick

Welllll.............

Seemed like an AWESOME turn out for the 1st annual Poker Run!! :beercheers:

Lots of participants.

The registration seemed to flow fairly nicely!!

I think there were 371 hands sold! :laughoff:

Other then that.....

Weather was PERFECT!!

I just went out for the day, with no toys, so I don't know how the dunes were :laughoff:

Here are some pics from the event!! :laughoff:

normal_P1050675.JPG

normal_P1050676.JPG

normal_P1050682.JPG

normal_P1050685.JPG

normal_P1050693.JPG

normal_P1050694.JPG

normal_P1050695.JPG

Ready to sign up! :laughoff:

normal_P1050697.JPG

normal_P1050699.JPG

normal_P1050700.JPG

Heading out to man one of the check points! THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING OUT!! :laughoff:

normal_P1050711.JPG

First ones checking back in!

normal_P1050717.JPG

One of the guys to thank for the donations from Performance Rhino!! THANKS!!!!!! :beercheers:

normal_P1050726.JPG

Even the littlest of riders participated!! :duniemonkie:

normal_P1050728.JPG

normal_P1050736.JPG

Some of the rides that participated! :laughoff:

normal_P1050729.JPG

normal_P1050730.JPG

normal_P1050734.JPG

normal_P1050735.JPG

normal_P1050740.JPG

Filing back in to see who may have the winning hand! :laughoff:

normal_P1050742.JPG

normal_P1050744.JPG

normal_P1050748.JPG

normal_P1050747.JPG

And the winners are....................

normal_P1050751.JPG

I didn't get their names........sorry I know someone has them!!

This guy won 1st hand with a full house and third hand with a straight :beercheers: CONGRATULATIONS!!

normal_P1050758.JPG

Here is your second place winner!! :yiah: With a straight as well!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

normal_P1050757.JPG

Selling some more of the raffle tickets!!

normal_P1050759.JPG

And the raffle winners are................

CONGRATULATIONS to all!! :beercheers:

normal_P1050761.JPG

normal_P1050763.JPG

normal_P1050769.JPG

normal_P1050770.JPG

It was a good day.......good turn out....and I am sure when Ynot gets back there will be some more details!

:headbang1::headbang1::laughoff:

Rest of the pics -----------> Poker Run

Edited by sand chick

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an absolute kick a$$ time this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered we couldnt have done it without you guys :D

I am burnt to say the least :P 4 hours at the north pole with limited shade lol.. got me a nice sunglass's suntan line goin on heh.

Thanks to dunefreak for puttin me up in the taj and lettin me ride the raptor for the weekend. Excellent times like always.

I dont have any pictures so ill just have to let papparazzi take care of that part :P

I think it turned out amazing for the 1st annual poker run. Might just be a couple little tweaks for next year, but all and all it was very successful. I want to personally thank all those who came out and donated their time to man the booths, as well as those who provided tables & ez ups. Also to Mark at performance rhino for the great donations for our raffle. Also his friend who donated the razer skid plates (sorry I dont have his name). Also thanks to all who came out and competed in the poker run trying to get the best hand.

We couldnt of done it without all of you, SO THANK YOU !!! :yiah::yiah:

It was a great day, even without being able to ride in the dunes!! Cant wait for next year!! :beercheers:

YES!!!!

had a great time..

pulled in friday night, found the freak and the crew had some good friday night fire bs'n

checked out the four stroke wars early Sat morning...

headed to the poker run bout 11:30 or so....

hung out with stacy and jodi before we went up to man a booth...

Stacy wouldn't give me her cool cup....and then i tried to steal it...and then i was scared...

met alot more peeps at camp this trip!!!

and then before i packed up we headed to the SP for the MnG and skyz called me Joe.

and we carried vegastyles quad in the back of the mog...and discovered it dunes waaaay better with a honda in the back

k i'm done....thanks for bein so kick azz ddr

Anyone know what happend to my ez-up and table. I went to the races and came back at 4 pm and everyone was gone. Please email me at brianjackson2@cox.net. Thanks

Dunefreak has them brian :D He will be back tonight sometime and we can get them to ya this week :D

So im sitting at work hating life thinking how much id wish i had sunday off and out of the blue i get an e-mail... Some :clown: sends me this picture.. Mind you its 3:45

post-2-1226274361_thumb.jpg

Fuggin dunefreak is still AT the dunes... maaan i need a normal job with saturday and sundays off... Fuggin rub it in dunefreak just rub it in why dontcha LOL

So im sitting at work hating life thinking how much id wish i had sunday off and out of the blue i get an e-mail... Some :clown: sends me this picture.. Mind you its 3:45

post-2-1226274361_thumb.jpg

Fuggin dunefreak is still AT the dunes... maaan i need a normal job with saturday and sundays off... Fuggin rub it in dunefreak just rub it in why dontcha LOL

Now thats a beautiful sight right there!!! :beercheers:

Heck yeah, Awesome weekend. :beercheers:

I decided to be lazy the last couple weeks. so I didn't fix my car.

Was totally cool with just the qWad till we got to comp, then I started jonesin'. :flatbiller:

However we got in some killer rides on the qWads.

It was great to get out and ride with guys I usually don't ride with. :mc::mc::mc::mc:

Had an awesome camp. :beercheers: Some cool MuffHuggin' peeps right there. :headbang1: Yiah.

Made more new friends from DDR. :beercheers:

I can't play poker in Dumont for chit I guess. Bad hands :headbang1: That sure was fun though. :D My first poker run.

Glad it turned out so good. Great job Pete, Terry, Jodi, Stacie, Woods, Tim, Davey, Bert and everyone that helped. :laughoff:

Hey Brian (indasand), did you say Thankgiving? :flatbiller:

Hope you make it mang. Good to finally meet ya too. :beercheers:

All in All........... Awesome trip :yiah::yiah:

Thanks,

R-

My overnight run was fun even though my engine broke in my rail just a lousy 10 minutes off the trailer..... :grin::driver: :kitty: That was Friday night, but I decided to just hang out and drink. I did do the poker run with a buddy in his car. Glad to meet SandChick, Blondie, OGP, and wsky70. I had a pair 7's with a queen high. I knew that wouldn't be good enough, so I just split at about 2pm.

It was a good time tho!!!!!

:MBdance: :black: :fro_smokin:

JUST now got in. We didn't leave Dumont till almost 6pm. What an awesome weekend!!!

Great pics and report Jodi!

The poker run turnout was amazing. Thanks to everyone's help, it went extremely smooth for a 1st annual event. It seemed like everyone really enjoyed the run, got a chance to meet some other duners, and learned about some of the critical areas of our dunes that we need to be careful around. It seemed like many duners who frequent Dumont really care about the place and that is awesome. When I was out at some of the checkpoints I heard many questions being asked and it seemed like we got some good info out to duners. Mission accomplished. :clap: On top of all that we managed to raise some fundage for Friends of Dumont Dunes organization, which is the group that fights to protect our riding areas.

I can't thank everyone enough who helped out with everything. The volunteers, the tables, the EZUP's, Saxby's Coffee on Seven Hills Drive, PPG Industries, Pathway Communications Ltd, desertrirder71 for donating in DDR's name, and especially Peformance Rhino! It was great seeing the entire Dumont community come together and make this happen. We couldn't have done it without all you guys.

On top of the poker run I had a really great weekend at D. We managed to wrap everything up fairly quick after the poker run and had about an hour to chill in camp before heading out to the south pole meet & greet. I didn't hang out too long out there because the sun was going down pretty quick and I wanted to dune. :MBdance: Dune run was awesome. My car had a charging problem but I made it out to teh north pole and back to camp no problem. Thanks Jeff (Eliminator) for following me back to make sure I made it. :grin:

Sat night was good times. Chillen around the fire, the weather got a bit windy so we threw back some beers in the hauler, watched Jackass 2 again and we laughed our azzes off. Stalteri920 and crew stopped in and we headed out to comp a while later. :black: Hangin out over there we saw a buggy roll once coming down comp. :ah: It was a 4 seat LT car. Luckily everyone was ok. Their seatbelts must have been mounted correctly. :laughing: Then leaving comp I managed to BURY the dmax bad. :dope: I was following dman back and took the high road at the edge of the dune turning to go to the whoops. That sand was rediculous. The wind made it soft as hell right there. Dman and jackster884 came back and we managed to pull it out with 2 super straps and dman's truck being aired down. He almost got stuck just trying to get up to where I was but we firgured out a better angle with the 2 straps put together. :shake: Damn those straps are the bomb. I was buried so deep Anna couldn't open her door. :ah: After we got back to camp jackster and I got a ragen fire goin on and didn't crash till sometime around 3 am. :blury:

We got some good azz epic qWad rides in today. I thought the dunes were awesome. Many paddle tracks and lines were laid out and extremely easy to cruise and follow without having to concentrate too hard. One of our rides was a wet one. It started raining during the ride, but it made it that much better. traction! :headbang1: We hit up comp, saw 3rotortrav and bs'd a bit this afternoon. Thanks again for the beverage. :driver: Charlie child wrote DDR in the face of comp with his Banshee! :lol::clap: (I'll post up pics later)

We stayed way later than normal this trip. Gotta make the trips count to teh fullest! The weather was badass and we didn't wanna leave. Saw a horrible accident on the way home :( so it took us about 3 1/2 hrs to get home due to traffic and the road being blocked.

Thanks everyone for a great time. Camped with some great peeps again this trip and had a blast. :kitty:

pics to follow probably tomorrow :hello:

I did get a laugh at the meet and greet..

ISBB: you leavin

dunefreak: I said hi now lets go!

ISBB: yiah yiah!!

Poker run was like an all friggen day meet & greet and I hadn't duned at all yet other than getting out the checkpoints. :driver: I wanted to go go go :grin: "Eff yo meet & greet, lets dune its gettin dark." :kitty:

WoW...... What a great time and turn out. I'd like to Thank everyone that participated, it is much appreciated and a great cause you helped out. It all went pretty smooth being the 1st one. They will get bigger and better as they go. I'd like to Thank Mark from Performance Rhino for stepping up to the plate with his donations, it's not the 1st time, he's donated great prizes for every event we've put on and that says alot about him and the business... :driver: Great job Mark.... All the volunteers showed up and made everything run smoothly....Thanks to everyone again, we are a community that really does care, and I think BLM really sees that. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone again, meet some more great peeps out this weekend.... Thanks Tim for helping me move again, twice, didn't even have to put in change of address this time.... Here's some pics....Semper Fi, Woody :grin:

pokerrun016.jpg

pokerrun017.jpg

pokerrun019.jpg

pokerrun020.jpg

pokerrun023.jpg

pokerrun024.jpg

pokerrun027.jpg

pokerrun030.jpg

pokerrun032.jpg

pokerrun039.jpg

pokerrun043.jpg

pokerrun055.jpg

pokerrun061.jpg

pokerrun064.jpg

pokerrun065.jpg

pokerrun070.jpg

pokerrun080.jpg

pokerrun089.jpg

pokerrun119.jpg

pokerrun121.jpg

pokerrun125.jpg

pokerrun126.jpg

pokerrun127.jpg

pokerrun129.jpg

pokerrun131.jpg

pokerrun132.jpg

Edited by wsky70

AWESOME TIME.

I got to drive to the car. :MBdance::driver: who says girls can't drive.

will post a couple of pics tomorrow.

dan.....a couple of good runs. :ah: don't know why I was such a scarty cat :shake: this time. Lots of razors.

Didn't feel that good all weekend, but I hung in there

Here are a few of my pics. I forgot my camera in the MH all day friday. The car ran great all weekend and we only broke one floor tab.

Fun hangin with dman and bill.

Got my butt kicked playing horseshoes. Where were all the other players?

We had Comp hill all to ourselves on friday afternoon. I have never seen no one there before. Got to wheelie all we wanted. :randog: fun, fun. Even jumped the car.

Had some great rides with dman and bill. When your with the boys your one of them. Thanks dman.

Got to visit with OGP, woody, randy, vegas and their girlfriends. Nice to met new peeps. And Sandsolja (Joe)

OGP: we are not going to talk about politics, so we did, the :B prez jokes started to fly. :hello::blury::dope:

Woodys dog didn't even smile. Chips and salsa had him very interested.

I can do without Pink Floyd (sorry jim) :headbang1:

Didn't get to BS with Pete and Ann.

I GOT TO DRIVE THE CAR :black: :yiah::grin: It is very driver friendly. I had a little problem with the clutch cause my legs weren't long enough. Danny said I need to drive it around more and mess around on the small dunes. :?: He says it is ok on off weekends. Maybe he was trying to make up for pissing me off on friday night.

Kite chasing 101 rail style had Bill and I laughing our azzes off. Spending 5.00 in gas to chase down a .50 cent kite. priceless. Danny and dman..........you silly boyz.

Warrior where were you.? I had to drink all that beer myself.

post-1439-1226334686_thumb.jpg

Loved you and woodys matching hats at the check point. (they called each other)

post-1439-1226334719_thumb.jpg

post-1439-1226334737_thumb.jpg

Dan enjoying the beautiful view. :clap::clap:

post-1439-1226334802_thumb.jpg

post-1439-1226334825_thumb.jpg

Chased this storm all the way home. But, never got rained on.

post-1439-1226335294_thumb.jpg

Oh! one last thing: Sorry for having to drive right through your camp guys. I didn't remember how to put it in reverse. :kitty: Clutch, shift to neutral, pull the little handle with the big chrome ball on it down, let out clutch and go backwards. :laughing: sorry. :lol:

Edited by desertskyz

Guest Crasher

Such good times!!! The Poker Run was a big success!! I think we should try and do it a couple of times a year if we can. It was a great time and obviously for a great cause. Good to see everyone and I'm glad I was able to help a bit!! :black: And again Sin City.....SORRY I forgot our EZ-UP!!!! :MBdance::driver:

Thanks Jill/Charlie and Dave/Tina for a great time and a great mini-camp. It was perfect and the conversation was still funnier than chit!! Of course, the food was fantastic as well!! Thanks girls!! We didn't ride much, but that's how we kind of had it planned. Besides, Wingy was toyless, so we ended up duning the truck for most of the weekend. :kitty: Good to see everyone and the weather was awesome for the most part (until the wind/rain hit Sunday morn.)

We are skipping Turkey Day, but hope to be out for New Year's. Everyone have fun!!!! :grin:

p.s. Jill, hope you're feeling better :(