Poker Run Trip Reports

sand chick

I want to THANK EVERYONE who not only volunteered their time and equiptment to make the Annual FoDD and DDR poker run a success but also the vendors who reached into their pockets and the particpants who also reached into their own funds and bought hands. I have heard in the past complaints that Friends of Dumont Dunes is not a big organization but the thought struck me as I was going around to the different checkpoints that it does not matter the size of the organization it matters only that it's members and others respond when the call goes out. I am very proud that people and their families turned out to support this event!

Now for my trip report, got out near good ole #9 Thursday evening about 8:30 and were the only ones there. Had a nice evening and got up Friday and enjoyed a nice easy run around the dunes to pick out the checkpoints. Once I picked the spots it was back to camp and some of our group showed up. It was a nice relaxing afternoon of conversation, another nice ride thru the dunes and then dinner, campfire and bed.

Sat AM was an early rise and brewed 100 gallons of coffee and get everything loaded and to the registration booth. The event flowed so well with Stacy's organization skills that it let me just ride around and check on things. It was nice to pull up at a checkpoint and see a lot of folks waiting paiently to pull their cards.

Once the event was over and the winners paid and raffle prizes given away(again thanks to Performance Rhino) it was back to camp to get the car out and off to the meet and greet.

The meet and greet was short as the light was going away quickly, Hey Pete let's dune! Off we go and Pete lead a nice run thru the dunes although we kinda lost a few at Taledga they eventually caught up with us at the North Pole. Sorry Pete your car was acting up.

All in all a long but satisfing day at the dunes with good people and great weather!

Sunday awoke to some ugly clouds and when I went to get the car out it started raining so I held off for awhile and when it broke up I got the car out and as it happens it really started to rain again. I decided to go for a run in spite of it and I have to say that due to the light rain changing the color of the dunes and the cloud cover it was amazing how easy you could read the dunes. I had a blast and after getting to the NP and back to comp, over to Pete's camp to find them out enjoying the dunes also I was a little cold and went back to camp. Stuck around for awhile but pulled out about noon. Looked like the weather cleared right after we left, oh well it was a great trip.

Once again Thanks to all who supported our cause.

Terry

:grin:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hellz Ya. Had a great weekend. :headbang1:

I had a great time running my first pokmer run. :grin: I had three queens but was not quite good enough. All in fun though.

I met up with many greats peeps from the site too many to mention. I will try to do so. OGP, WSKY70, DMAN, SANSOULJA,VEGAS STYLE,BERT,RANDOG,LIVIN THE LOW LIFE, JAYJAY,WINGNUT,DUNIEMONKIE,ISBB, & DUNEFREAK. I know I missed many more but the list is too long. Thanks for having me at your site making a trip alone DDR folks made me feel right at home :driver:

DMAN thanks for the ride in the new RZR that thing rocks. :MBdance:

Late nights at comp and the last ones standing always make for good times. :hello:

Shoveling at two AM and not a sole around to watch. Priceless :black:

Bon fires at three am. very warm :shake:

Great conversation about the weekend trip before last. Kelsodunes. You know who you are.. :laughing:

Went on two sweet rides one after the meet and greet and one before I hit the road, Sunday morning ride was wet as hell. I got sand blasted by Jay Jay from the south pole to the north pole and back. Like I said sweet azz ride :blury: Good time. :kitty:

Four stroke wars was sweet. Lots of fast azz quads and a good turn out this time. seemed to be more peeps than when I came last presidents weekend.

Can't wait for the next trip. Thanks for the great company. :randog:

:poke: Ok, CAPT. Charlie can't play with you anymore, no more rides in your car!! I don't want to hear another word about your car.

Tiff, I feel alot better had to get to feeling better before the ride home so we stayed alittle longer.

Thanks again!

Edited by JILL

:kitty: Great weekend. Had a blast with everyone! Poker run was a blast. Can't wait for the next one. Meet a new peep, Jakster. Fun duning with ya bro! Here are some of my observations..

1. Even when it rains, I would still rather be duning!

2. Charlie aka "DDR Camp Child" can not only spell but can write too! LOL I'm sure Pete will post a pic of his masterpiece.

3. VegasStyle can still dune with a rear flat tire.

4. Took the buggy for an almost a$$ pucker jump! Thought I was gonna end up on the roof. My dumb a$$ jumped the lip coming out from banshee hill and landed in an indo! I think that might be what cracked my steering knuckle on the buggy. Gotta get it fixed before Thanksgiving!

5. Good times with great peeps as always.

6. Watched some Jackass 2 in Petes trailer. Gross as hell but I still sit there watching it. LOL

7. Pete almost missed the turn to the Tecopa Rd. Good thing we left late and there was no traffic. He was backing up on the highway! :driver: LOL

8. Between my two trips full and Pete's two trips full, the dump station in Tecopa was a little ripe! :grin:

9. Made good time back until we got caught up behind the fatal accident. Highway Patrol said we can "try" to go around. You should have seen that. Trailers leaning at a 45% angle in the ditch on the side of the road to go around the carnage. Got scared for a second when my trailer slid down into the ditch. Luckily we didn't tip and we all made it through. Otherwise we probably would have been stuck there for a few hours at least.

10. T-Birds restaurant was closed! WTF!

11. Lets go do it again!

back to back trips yea yea

hey pete i just got home from DUMPING :poop: and putting the trailer away.

poker run seemed like a big success i set people up with loads of DDR.COM stickers. got a few dune runs even if they all but one ended with a flat. bent that rim good beat it back but couldn't get the bead to seal. thanks for the mog ride back from meet and greet. and thanks to pete and the gang for staying with me to the flats sunday. think the rim and tire are both toast was time for tires anyway. getting used to sleeping thru a hurricane at dumont and riding in the rain. :grin:

hey terry YNOT can you tell us the $$ number what it cost and what is planned with the money? i think it could be done again even better with a few tweeks. summer poker run at night???? :?:

We had a blast... I got to meet and see a couple people who bailed me out last year when I broke my car... I think I have my family converted to sand.. (they had not been with me yet.. just dirt)... So we are looking forward to turkey day to say the least!

Next time I would love to camp with you guys and go for some rides with the group.. We ended up near br 3 (its where I get the best cell service).. so I couldnt really find anyone till sunday morning.. when I saw a couple of familiar faces.. but couldnt place them.....

Pete... You look different with your clothes on..LOL

all and all... A very successfull trip... Nobody got hurt... and all the toys are still in one piece.. on the way home we got a call from a guy who came to look at the other rail last month... He is coming tonight to pick it up..(very happpy about that)

I did learn that this car likes to have more then a 1/2 tank of fuel while duning...

do you guys have the same issue or the solution for that?

Thanks for a great poker run..

I look forward to hanging with you guys again soon.

Mark

Edited by jackpunx

:dayum::idea:

Decided at the last minute to drive over to DD and see if I could be of any help. Everything was under control and no help was needed. Enjoyed meeting a few of the sexy ladies of DDR at the signup booth. Used the rest of the time to scope out where I wanted to camp for the Turkey Day Holiday. Spent a couple of hours there and enjoyed the weather and the free "coffee" . Congrats to all that worked so hard to make the day a rousing success!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

p.s. Will put one of the decals for the Rhino Company that donated the wheels and tires for the drawing. That was a cool "grand" donation :MBdance::clap:

Picked up a couple of small DDR stickers to put on the Rhino and the truck, quality stuff peoples!!! Great Show workers!!!!!!!

p.s.s Hate it that I missed the "buff" rolling down the finger!!!!!

You had to be there :drunk::lol::broke::dunno::loser::blury::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by SANDAWG

What a great time i had at the poker run. All in all weekend went well, made it to the D friday night and camp with great family the Potts :lol:

Total fun on Sat, did the poker run, then maned a checkpoint with indasand and boys, nice to meet them and BS. :MBdance:

Took wife on her first ride around Dumont, she really enjoyed it.

Sunday moring, found DDR and went over to say Hi, where i met wsky70, dunefreak, lvnalolife and few others as im not good with names. :dunno:

Kelso dunes i feel like a :broke: Joke was on me :idea:

Should change screen to Newbie

Great trip, good ppl, cant wait tell t-day

I helped out at check point 2 , had a great time and hope to make it at thanksgiving. my dad indasand is proud of me and my brother for helping out and i hope dumont is still here when im a adult

:mc:

What a great time i had at the poker run. All in all weekend went well, made it to the D friday night and camp with great family the Potts :lol:

Total fun on Sat, did the poker run, then maned a checkpoint with indasand and boys, nice to meet them and BS. :MBdance:

Took wife on her first ride around Dumont, she really enjoyed it.

Sunday moring, found DDR and went over to say Hi, where i met wsky70, dunefreak, lvnalolife and few others as im not good with names. :dunno:

Kelso dunes i feel like a :broke: Joke was on me :idea:

Should change screen to Newbie

Great trip, good ppl, cant wait tell t-day

Kelso Dunes?

Nice meeting you at the poker run I was one of the kids at checkpoint 2

I helped out at check point 2 , had a great time and hope to make it at thanksgiving. my dad indasand is proud of me and my brother for helping out and i hope dumont is still here when im a adult

:mc:

Good Job on the checkpoint Jake ! You and your brother had the only checkpoint without a line. Thank both of you for a job well done !

We went out for a quick day trip on Sunday, didn't make the Poker run. First D trip this season, got to ride with my homie Chuck and the boys, and it was nice to be greeted by RAIN. It was all good, cleared up, did some nice dune rides, hit the hills, and headed back home in time to hit the Vegas traffic. Crappy thing, my pops blew out his trans in his rail, might be down for the season.

Pics of Charlie child writing DDR in comp with his Banshee! :MBdance:

normal_PB090527.JPG

and also on Banshee Hill...

normal_PB090532.JPG

I am going to be the first to say it. NO DUNEPIC OF THE MONTH SUBMISSIONS ! Child Charlie wins hands down. Come on DDR, support this movement ! He has a nut sack on his arm and damnit this is his moment to shine ! On another note I signed up behind Jill and she totally made him look at the map and he was like "whatever, please stop sqwaking at me" but he looked. Vote Charlie and vote often DDR peeps ! :lol: