Poker Run Trip Reports

sand chick

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more pics of the great weekend at dumont!!!!!!!

Liar.

pffffft. Ill be impressed when he can write the entire website address across the hill LOL

He totally wanted to! But we were ready to keep riding by then. This kid is a natural born talent. I was thinking Freak should use it in the next header for the home page.

hey dunefreak how the hell did you get sssssstuck that bad?

I had waaaayyyy too many sammiches and pixie sticks :lol::MBdance:

I am going to be the first to say it. NO DUNEPIC OF THE MONTH SUBMISSIONS ! Child Charlie wins hands down. Come on DDR, support this movement ! He has a nut sack on his arm and damnit this is his moment to shine ! On another note I signed up behind Jill and she totally made him look at the map and he was like "whatever, please stop sqwaking at me" but he looked. Vote Charlie and vote often DDR peeps ! :lol:

Wrong Charlie, John. :dunno: Not Jill's Charlie. This is lvnalolife's lil 13 yr old bro-in-law. Cool azz lil dude that can RIDE! :MBdance:

hey dunefreak how the hell did you get sssssstuck that bad?

well ya know. I do what I do well. :idea:

That wind brought in some serious blow sand. I was going the usual speed I always do when I cruise through that spot. When I hit it the truck just stopped and stuck...bad. We were sunk down to the frame and axles immediately. :broke:

Well as I said in an earlier post, my rail engine broke a freakin' 10 minutes off the trailer on Friday night. Well I just got done tearing my engine down to a long block before I take it to my engine builder and look what I found.............

post-17-1226394388_thumb.jpg

It is a bad cell phone pic, but it would appear as if I done broke a valve in the #3 cylinder and wiped out the plug. :lol::MBdance::dunno: Well anyway, I take it to my engine builder on Saturday and I will see if it goes any deeper than this. (ie. rod damage, etc.) It's late, and I just had to tell someone what I found. Depending on what my guy says on Saturday will probably determine if I am done for the season or not............I hope not. :praying:

I want to THANK EVERYONE who not only volunteered their time and equiptment to make the Annual FoDD and DDR poker run a success but also the vendors who reached into their pockets and the particpants who also reached into their own funds and bought hands. I have heard in the past complaints that Friends of Dumont Dunes is not a big organization but the thought struck me as I was going around to the different checkpoints that it does not matter the size of the organization it matters only that it's members and others respond when the call goes out. I am very proud that people and their families turned out to support this event!Now for my trip report, got out near good ole #9 Thursday evening about 8:30 and were the only ones there. Had a nice evening and got up Friday and enjoyed a nice easy run around the dunes to pick out the checkpoints. Once I picked the spots it was back to camp and some of our group showed up. It was a nice relaxing afternoon of conversation, another nice ride thru the dunes and then dinner, campfire and bed.

Sat AM was an early rise and brewed 100 gallons of coffee and get everything loaded and to the registration booth. The event flowed so well with Stacy's organization skills that it let me just ride around and check on things. It was nice to pull up at a checkpoint and see a lot of folks waiting paiently to pull their cards.

Once the event was over and the winners paid and raffle prizes given away(again thanks to Performance Rhino) it was back to camp to get the car out and off to the meet and greet.

The meet and greet was short as the light was going away quickly, Hey Pete let's dune! Off we go and Pete lead a nice run thru the dunes although we kinda lost a few at Taledga they eventually caught up with us at the North Pole. Sorry Pete your car was acting up.

All in all a long but satisfing day at the dunes with good people and great weather!

Sunday awoke to some ugly clouds and when I went to get the car out it started raining so I held off for awhile and when it broke up I got the car out and as it happens it really started to rain again. I decided to go for a run in spite of it and I have to say that due to the light rain changing the color of the dunes and the cloud cover it was amazing how easy you could read the dunes. I had a blast and after getting to the NP and back to comp, over to Pete's camp to find them out enjoying the dunes also I was a little cold and went back to camp. Stuck around for awhile but pulled out about noon. Looked like the weather cleared right after we left, oh well it was a great trip.

Once again Thanks to all who supported our cause.

Terry

:beercheers:

Thank you Terry,Woody,Stacy,and Jon for your efforts and what you do for Fodd. Lets give credit where credit is due. THANK YOU DDR AND MEMBERS FOR SUPPORTING FODD AND MAKING THIS A SUCCESS!

Edited by OGP

I am 100% positive that It was the support and effort from DDR along with Fodd that made this poker run and the cleanup possible. Without DDR supporting Fodd, this Poker run would not have happened. We all know the REAL DDR DEAL. It is DDR and the members that make things happen! The pres of DDR was at the poker run, Can the same be said for the pres of FODD?

Thank you Terry,Woody,Stacy,and Jon for your efforts and what you do for Fodd. Lets give credit where credit is due. THANK YOU DDR AND MEMBERS FOR SUPPORTING FODD AND MAKING THIS A SUCCESS!

Tim, since you don't know all the facts as to why the president of FoDD was not there and they are of a personal nature and I will let her explain it when she feels like it. I just want to be very clear, this was a joint venture the first of many to come I am sure. But the clean up was a successful event for 5 years before DDR ever hit the internet.

I am not saying that DDR is not a big help and your right without the DDR members the poker run would not have happened. Thats why I approached Pete about doing it this way.

I don't think the president or for that many of the DDR members want to get involved in the politics that it takes to be involved in dealing with the federal goverment that the TRT and FoDD are doing. If there any I would love to have them join the FoDD and we will put them to good use.

There is no reason why FoDD shouldn't be using the web site that has the most contacts and easiest way to get info out to the duning public but that does not take anything away from FoDD it only adds to it's mission to be the liason between the BLM and the users. We will use any means we can to fight the fight.

Tim, since you don't know all the facts as to why the president of FoDD was not there and they are of a personal nature and I will let her explain it when she feels like it. I just want to be very clear, this was a joint venture the first of many to come I am sure. But the clean up was a successful event for 5 years before DDR ever hit the internet.

I am not saying that DDR is not a big help and your right without the DDR members the poker run would not have happened. Thats why I approached Pete about doing it this way.

I don't think the president or for that many of the DDR members want to get involved in the politics that it takes to be involved in dealing with the federal goverment that the TRT and FoDD are doing. If there any I would love to have them join the FoDD and we will put them to good use.

There is no reason why FoDD shouldn't be using the web site that has the most contacts and easiest way to get info out to the duning public but that does not take anything away from FoDD it only adds to it's mission to be the liason between the BLM and the users. We will use any means we can to fight the fight.

Excellent reply Terry!! :censored: This is a joint effort and FODD and DDR worked together to make this poker run happen. I for one appreciate your efforts to fight the good fight and your representing all of us duners with TRT!! Thanks again, Bob. :beercheers:

I am going to be the first to say it. NO DUNEPIC OF THE MONTH SUBMISSIONS ! Child Charlie wins hands down. Come on DDR, support this movement ! He has a nut sack on his arm and damnit this is his moment to shine ! On another note I signed up behind Jill and she totally made him look at the map and he was like "whatever, please stop sqwaking at me" but he looked. Vote Charlie and vote often DDR peeps ! :beercheers:

Hey wait a minute,

I don't sqwak, I made him look at it cause if anything didn't go right then it would be his fault. I call it being smart. Then I would sqwak, ha ha you did it not me.

I would like to thank Nick for messing up my straight flush with his fancy shuffling skills. I got a two.

Or was it Vegas Style making me all distracted by the abundance of Large and small FREE DDR stickers he was giving away. Many thanks go out to dunefreak for that. Good job. I now have a blue sharpie pen . :beercheers: All is right with the world.

Edited by desertskyz

I would like to thank Nick for messing up my straight flush with his fancy shuffling skills. I got a two.

Or was it Vegas Style making me all distracted by the abundance of Large and small FREE DDR stickers he was giving away. Many thanks go out to dunefreak for that. Good job. I now have a blue sharpie pen . :beercheers: All is right with the world.

Glad you got some skyz and you're very welcome! :censored: It was crazy how many stickers we got out there. Thanks again to Vegas Style, sanddunesaddict, and ISBB for being the free ddr sticker representatives at the north pole. :kitty:

Now I gotta go make more because that was a large stash of what I had to open the DDR sticker store with. :lol: :black:

I TRIED HOLDING IT IN BUT CAN'T ANY LONGER!!!

:loser::lol::lol::lol::lol::broke::lol:

Why would you hold it it. I posted the pics because I thought it was funny as hell! :lol::booty:

Glad you got some skyz and you're very welcome! :beercheers: It was crazy how many stickers we got out there. Thanks again to Vegas Style, sanddunesaddict, and ISBB for being the free ddr sticker representatives at the north pole. :censored:

Now I gotta go make more because that was a large stash of what I had to open the DDR sticker store with. :lol: :kitty:

Why would you hold it it. I posted the pics because I thought it was funny as hell! :booty: :black:

I was trying to be a nice guy for a change :lol:

Glad you got some skyz and you're very welcome! :beercheers: It was crazy how many stickers we got out there. Thanks again to Vegas Style, sanddunesaddict, and ISBB for being the free ddr sticker representatives at the north pole. :censored:

Now I gotta go make more because that was a large stash of what I had to open the DDR sticker store with. :lol: :kitty:

Why would you hold it it. I posted the pics because I thought it was funny as hell! :lol: :black:

well if my burb wouldnt of been tagged so many times, might of had more left! Oh yeah and dogs to. lol Those stickers are thick as hell. Had a tough time gettin some of those off. Actually just found another one on one of my tires today. Im reppin for DDR! :booty:

ok here are some more pics

indasand and his kids scattering to not be seen in a pink Ranger on camera :beercheers:

normal_PB070422.JPG

registration booth area just after 9 pm.

normal_PB070423.JPG

the south checkpoint

normal_PB070433.JPG

normal_PB070432.JPG

normal_PB070434.JPG

normal_PB070436.JPG

normal_PB080446.JPG

checkpoint table at reg booth

normal_PB080437.JPG

ranger station checkpoint

normal_PB080439.JPG

north end near the RR berm

normal_PB080441.JPG

normal_PB080442.JPG

north pole checkpoint (DDR checkpoint :yiah: )

normal_PB080443.JPG

normal_PB080445.JPG

some winner pics

normal_PB080451.JPG

normal_PB080452.JPG

normal_PB080453.JPG

well if my burb wouldnt of been tagged so many times, might of had more left! Oh yeah and dogs to. lol Those stickers are thick as hell. Had a tough time gettin some of those off. Actually just found another one on one of my tires today. Im reppin for DDR! :beercheers:

noooo, not those. I still have plenty of the thick DDR logo stickers. I meant the vinyl lettering stickers that I am making that were available at my truck at the n pole. ;)

a view from vendor row towards camp

normal_PB070419.JPG

cruising back from n pole in jackster's new Ranger :censored:

normal_PB070425.JPG

races at Banshee

normal_PB070427.JPG

n pole :beercheers: [imghttp://www.dumontduneriders.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/normal_PB080444.JPG[/img]

relaxing after cleaning everything up from the run

normal_PB080454.JPG

desertskyz

normal_PB080455.JPG

s pole meet/ greet at 4pm

normal_PB080456.JPG

normal_PB080457.JPG

normal_PB080458.JPG

blurry but ya get the point

normal_PB080462.JPG

chillen at comp :kitty:

normal_PB080465.JPG

normal_PB080479.JPG

buggy that rolled "wtf, did that just happen? lol"

normal_PB080470.JPG

now thats a fire :black:

normal_PB080496.JPG

super easy-to-read dunes: awesome ride

normal_PB080502.JPG

normal_PB080503.JPG

:broke:

normal_PB080504.JPG

normal_PB080505.JPG

:duniemonkie:

normal_PB090508.JPG

an empty Banshee Hill on Sunday

normal_PB090509.JPG

normal_PB090510.JPG

normal_PB090516.JPG

normal_PB090511.JPG

couple trucks playin on comp

normal_PB090518.JPG

normal_PB090519.JPG

normal_PB090520.JPG

normal_PB090521.JPG

normal_PB090522.JPG

jackpunx

normal_PB090523.JPG

3rotortrav and lvnalolife- I'm up on the end of comp

normal_PB090535.JPG

camp on sunday afternoon

normal_PB090536.JPG

normal_PB090538.JPG

camp child :lol:

normal_PB090543.JPG

:lol:

normal_PB090547.JPG

still too damn nice to go home!

normal_PB090549.JPG

lvnalolife busted his steering arm on his spindle (crack at rt) when he jumped and landed on the front end hard- at least it was at the END of the weekend. :booty:

normal_PB090552.JPG

bright a$$ sun really low

normal_PB090555.JPG

normal_PB090556.JPG

normal_PB090558.JPG

hey thanks for posting pics of the other check points. I was hoping someone would take pics of those. I didnt get outta the registration booth, so wasnt able to make it out to the others to check it out!! :beercheers:

Yeah me too!

Glad to help out anytime! :censored:

I love these dunes and am willing to help out and do what ever I can to help keep them open!! :kitty:

Whats the next event??