Poker Run Trip Reports

sand chick

hey thanks for posting pics of the other check points. I was hoping someone would take pics of those. I didnt get outta the registration booth, so wasnt able to make it out to the others to check it out!! :beercheers:

It worked out well. Jodi got lots of really good pics at the registration booth and I got some out and about around the checkpoints. :kitty: paparazzis all over! :censored:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It worked out well. Jodi got lots of really good pics at the registration booth and I got some out and about around the checkpoints. :lol: paparazzis all over! :beercheers:

Thanks! :lol:

Yeah you never know when your going to get popped by the Paparazzi!! :censored:

Unless of course your Warrior07 who is never seen in or around the dunes to get popped!! :booty: :kitty: :black:

Awesome Woods. :censored:

You and Shanna compliment each other very well. :booty:

:shout: Woody DOUBLE FISTIN' in the last pic! :kitty: :black: Yiah Yiah!

Thanks for ALL you do for our country brotha. :lol: Glad it was fun mang.

Poker run topic..... Great havin' you guys in the dunes. as ALWAYS. :beercheers:

R-

a view from vendor row towards camp

normal_PB070419.JPG

aww man

almost got in there

my camps right behind the one to the right there

just got home today :censored:

my bike ran awesome

checked my chain and sprocket after a ride...was missin all but 2 bolts on it...woo that coulda been bad and the 2 left were loose :ah:

nice to have that wind blow then have a little rain

my bike was trackin so nice :mc: :black:

went out to comp last night

there were like 5 people out there with the happy face flags then they left and we were all alone

it was gnarly :booty:

nice to see a change from the big thanksgiving weekend

didnt see any leos out there tho

saw dunefreak out at the north pole just as they were packin up

good to hear it had a big turnout

all in all wut a great weekend :kitty: :beercheers:

Once again, Thank you to all of the Fodd Members that participated, and to all of the DDR members that participated for making the first annual FODD DDR poker run such a success!

Edited by OGP

Thanks! :broke:

Yeah you never know when your going to get popped by the Paparazzi!! :beercheers:

Unless of course your Warrior07 who is never seen in or around the dunes to get popped!! :lol::censored::booty:

okkkkkayyyyyyyyyy so i never go so then i was'nt at the clean up !!

post-638-1226463977_thumb.jpg

south pole pres day 08

post-638-1226464032_thumb.jpg

oh again at clean up when you wanted me to be a porter and get you and blondie your dang shirts so i have'nt been yet i was think in two weeks heading out as for the poker run the kid and wife were sick !! :kitty: :black:

post-638-1226464168_thumb.jpg

so get your facts straight missy or i won't help next time you need fire wood unloaded in case you forgot :lol::loser:

sorry off topic !

Once again, Thank you to all of the Fodd Members that participated, and to all of the DDR members that participated for making the first annual FODD DDR poker run such a success!

Tim, why would you think I am being defensive? I am just explaining that Vicki for very personal reasons was unable to make the trip. If you would like her to explain to you I will be glad to PM you her e mail address. As far as her decision to stay in that office that is up to her, should she step down? She has been a hardworking advocate for off roaders for several years it would be her choice to step aside and for her own personal reasons that may occur I don't know as yet. Yes I agree that there should be an open meeting each year at a central location where anyone present can voice their opinions and run for office. But seeing that the TRT has 2 meetings a year on Saturdays and we only get a handful of people attending I don't see that we would get a great turnout but I am willing to support the idea as I think some of the other board members would also do.

I was and am not being defensive but over the years I have become a little touchy when I hear from people that we are not doing this right or have not done this wrong, we are trying to do what we can and most of the "flack" we get is from people who chose to stand on the outside and cast rocks. Sometimes they hit a nerve and they get a reaction, sometimes it's not exactly said in the nicest of manners but that's just the way it is.

I appreciate your thanks as I am sure all the people included do, however there are other people on the board that do things behind the scenes that make them invaluable such as our treasurer Rick Fisher. He signed on to be the Treasurer several years ago but told us right up front that he would not be an active BOD. We accepted because he has ton's of 501C experience and keeps us withn the IRS guidelines and out of trouble. Secondally there has been no other person who has voiced one ioda of interest in taking that position. I hope you understand my position on this.

Terry

Wrong Charlie, John. :lol: Not Jill's Charlie. This is lvnalolife's lil 13 yr old bro-in-law. Cool azz lil dude that can RIDE! :dunno:

I thought there was only one Charlie. Sharpie a nuts@#k on his arm ! He's got skills ! I still vote for him - pic of the month ! :flipoff:

HE DIDN'T HAPPEN TO TELL YOU HE PUT THAT ON WITH A MARKER DID HE?

Pete good to finally meet you we need to have a :flipoff: some time.

Tim and Woody really good to see you both again, always a pleasure no matter if it is in G or D!

Woody a day late but from one vet to another, thank you for your ongoing service. My family and myself truly appreciate those of you who make a careeer out of serving this great country :dunno:

Sorry we missed the meet and greet we had a situation in camp (rider ran out of tallent) all is well though.

Monday and tuesday were EPIC!

In these lean times it is amazing the support all of you are willing to give to protect the place which holds so many good memories for all of us, Thanks to you all.

:pics: My camera decided to break again. I have a back-up but still didn't take many pics :argue: .

:flipoff: New hauler :wub:

:usa: Won the 'bling bling look at me' whip I wanted, its hooked up on the quad with my custom flag attached.

Bert rides a Babert sized quad :lol: and is a courteous guest, always welcome to stay with us, sorry I forgot the cookies :dunno: .

Good to see Randog & Whit :thumb: , I'll take Whit out on some rides and have her :lol: in no time!

Nice to hang with Woody & Shanna :hug: , you both looked great at the ball. Glad the fat dogs had fun together begging for food :lol: .

8am rides kicka$$ :black:

Following Randog and Vegas Style not so :black: and more like :clap::lol: I'm still sore.. at least I flipped it up hill instead of rolling it down :think: . Jim wants to put velcro on my seat, I think I'll try out a new gripper seat :dope: .

:lol: Going home through Pahrump is a much nicer drive.

First trip out and it was great! It was nice meeting some new peeps and getting back in touch with some not so new ones. All the equipment ran just fine except for a quick trip to Pahrump for some battery acid which was not shipped with the batteries. Oh well gave the wife and I some time alone. This season we decided that we would throw some paddle tires on the girls' Raptors and see how they did. I was happy that they did so well. But as we all know, paddles come with a price if you're not used to them. So on the way back from the North Pole on Sunday, my 8 year old daughter decided to climb a hill and when she got to the top, she looked down and froze at how high she was. I looked up just in time to see her take her left foot off the peg and stick it right in the sand, at which time the padddle pulled her off and sucked her underneath. Screams of help came out and off I went. The boots did their job, but the paddle went all the way up her leg to the thigh. After calming her down, making sure she wasn't broken, she decided to ride back to camp swearing she would never go up a hill again..yeah right. Anyhow, she's okay..a little bruised up.

The weather was great, a little rain never hurt anyone. We stayed through Monday and arrived back in Vegas around 5pm. Here's some pictures from the trip. The first one is self explanatory..the leg

post-625-1226639294_thumb.jpg

post-625-1226639329_thumb.jpg

post-625-1226639357_thumb.jpg

post-625-1226639377_thumb.jpg

post-625-1226639394_thumb.jpg

post-625-1226639409_thumb.jpg

post-625-1226639423_thumb.jpg

Heaven at D

post-625-1226639473_thumb.jpg

Our new rescue dog Jack ready to ride

post-625-1226639490_thumb.jpg

After the ride just chilln'

post-625-1226639519_thumb.jpg

And a perfect sunset to end the day

post-625-1226639591_thumb.jpg

Tim and Woody really good to see you both again, always a pleasure no matter if it is in G or D!

Woody a day late but from one vet to another, thank you for your ongoing service. My family and myself truly appreciate those of you who make a careeer out of serving this great country :beercheers:

Good seeing you out there as well Eric, a little busy, next time have a drink.... and Thanks, always my pleasure...SF Woody :laughoff:

Finally getting the time to post my trip report after a busy week of solving quad and truck issues. Got home late afternoon on Tuesday.

Once again, almost didn't get there. Blew the turbo on the truck 15 minutes out of Vegas. Unhooked, limped it to my brother's, loaded the paddles and a sh*tload of firewood into his truck and tried once again. Other than the inner cooler lines blowing off TWICE, finally made it to the big D!! Had a great time helping out at the poker run. Wife had issues with our daughter's Warrior but my bro came to the rescue once again. Good riding but a little warm and dusty on Saturday.

The weather Sunday made for some amazing riding that afternoon. We were taking a break just short of the N pole when this little girl started screaming so me and Bob raced up there to make sure she was OK. The poor mom was trying to run up the hill but you know how it goes in the sand. (Glad she's OK Ash and nothing worse than a bruised leg, and maybe a new fear of hills!)

Monday our Dumont virgins took their Razor up the butt crack on Banshee to the super bowl and pulled a dman and rolled it on its side. He thought it was totally COOL but she was not so thrilled.

All in all it was a great weekend and great seeing everyone again! Scored a hug from duniemonkie :dumbass:

Can't wait til Tday, should have the warrior issues solved and thanks to Quality Ford, my truck will be ready to roll! (knocking on wood)

:think::blury::beercheers::laughoff:

• 3 weeks later...

Well as I said in a previous post, my motor broke after being off the trailer for a mere 10 minutes. Well I went to my engine builders place today and this is what we found.........................

post-17-1228602177_thumb.jpg

Well as it turns out, the valve top broke right off the stem and then went thru my piston as you can see. It also twisted the rod a tad and bent both push-rods under this cylinder........... :dunno: :no_no:

But we'll get her fixed and be back out sooner or later. I hoping for the end of January...... :praying: But money and how busy he is will determine that.

Anyways, I'm just bored and thought I would share.................Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

Yeah Pete, they are fun! :no_no: But for the first engine problem in over 5 years, I guess I'm doing ok. But we'll freshen it up, put stainless steal heads on it with bigger valves, and she should be ready to rock once again. :dunno: