wat i think........

yates42

i think the big companys like honda and them should make race ready and dune ready quads out of the factory wat do you guys think. :lol:

they can't. look at all the dumbazzes that get in a rhino and think they are casey mears after too many beers. get sideways, tip it, lose a leg, crush an ankle, kill the passenger..........and then sue yamaha for making an unsafe vehicle!!! :bawl:

the manufacturers are pushing the edge of the envelope.....the LIABILITY envelope.....after that, its the aftermarket companies you have to look towards

BTW all happy thanksgiving :whistle:

they do, but those effers still dont have a pure sport bike that i like......take the freekin 4wd and auto tranny off the renegade, and it would be close

True that Jason, but I was specifically refering to the DS450. Out of the crate it is ready for the MX track, and slap some paddles on and it's dune ready with no mods whatsoever. Their 09 models are even more so with the X version.

And when Can Am's SxS hits the streets in 2010 it will eat the RZR S for breakfast. They don't joke around when they unleash their beast upon the public. R&D goes a loooong way for those guys.

I get your point though, and hope you see mine as well.

they can't. look at all the dumbazzes that get in a rhino and think they are casey mears after too many beers. get sideways, tip it, lose a leg, crush an ankle, kill the passenger..........and then sue yamaha for making an unsafe vehicle!!! :bawl:

the manufacturers are pushing the edge of the envelope.....the LIABILITY envelope.....after that, its the aftermarket companies you have to look towards

BTW all happy thanksgiving :whistle:

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2,, well stated Rich.

I sometimes think that duning is a small part of their business. Damfino.

We need assumed risk laws like in Germany and Japan.

True that Jason, but I was specifically refering to the DS450. Out of the crate it is ready for the MX track, and slap some paddles on and it's dune ready with no mods whatsoever. Their 09 models are even more so with the X version.

And when Can Am's SxS hits the streets in 2010 it will eat the RZR S for breakfast. They don't joke around when they unleash their beast upon the public. R&D goes a loooong way for those guys.

I get your point though, and hope you see mine as well.

i got to sit on 450 at the sand show, and at the local stealership...still has 450 ergonomics...knees to the chin....childs tricycle feeling...im not gonna lie...im not a lightweight :dunno::hello: i need the bigger bikes (the raptor is CLOSE...but the DS, imo, cannot be touched as far as all day dunability in comfort.

i got to sit on 450 at the sand show, and at the local stealership...still has 450 ergonomics...knees to the chin....childs tricycle feeling...im not gonna lie...im not a lightweight :dunno::hello: i need the bigger bikes (the raptor is CLOSE...but the DS, imo, cannot be touched as far as all day dunability in comfort.

i been pounding the table about the ds for years....it's a caddillac, for sure. just don't get on a renegade.you will throw that ds in the trash heap. they are very expensive, but the ride is incredibly smooth and the power of that 800cc's...woo hoo!! my opinion on why they don't make race ready out of the box.....only a small percentage of the bikes sold go to "racers". if they made them "race ready" they would have to add a bunch of stuff that would drive up the cost for everyone buying the bikes, putting them out of reach for many buyers. "different stokes for different folks"

vic, Get a ds450 :)

I would look like a circus bear on a tricycle on a DS450. :hello: :clown:

Kinda like Mr. Cheese on the 650! :ah: :thumb:

I'm thinking maybe you have ulterior motives here. :black:

I'm just saving up for a RZR S. :dunno:

Could possibly sell two of the DS's to speed up the process. :booty:

Might you be in the market for one? :dope: :flatbiller:

i been pounding the table about the ds for years....it's a caddillac, for sure. just don't get on a renegade.you will throw that ds in the trash heap. they are very expensive, but the ride is incredibly smooth and the power of that 800cc's...woo hoo!! "

could you imagine that bike minus the 4wd and auto tranny? about 150-200 lbs lighter? :ah: