89 Blazer project

jnrdesertrats

I have an 89 blazer I want to turn into a dual sport toy. I am going to have a tubular frame professionally made. I am thinking 4 adults and 2 kids. After that I am uncertain on what I want or need to do. Any suggestions from past experiences on what does or does not work or look cool. Also I found child seats on the web, but they are not available in California. Anybody know the laws on youngters and offroad restraints? :whistle:

sturdy roll cage, plenty of HP and if you have enough HP to turn a set of shallow paddles then do it.. if not get yourself some at's and air them down and dont use 16.5 rims..

but get the CAGE built properly.. nothing worse than seeing a piss poor designed cage trying to protect ones self and family.

Good advise thanks. I am going with the stock engine and stuff to start with. It has a 350 with a throttle body. I don't know how that will work out. I am going to make a post about child restaints in the general section. I am sure someone has the low down on all that. Jeff :whistle:

Thanks I will post pics.

It looks like my project has already had some changes in direction. Rather than making a toy/play vehicle I am going to build an offroad rescue vehicle. I am a volunteer EMT and that is what I do on the weekends. I just had a knee injury and surgery so I can't ride for a while. I am in the process of trying to drum up some sponsorships to help out with it if I can.