Thanksgiving Trip Report.....

HappyHour

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dope::lol::lol::dunno: :black: So how did it go??? How did the weather turn out??? How was the road??? How was the good times????

Just bored at home and figured I'd ask.......

:B :thumb::booty: :dance: :moon:

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2 its too damn early im gonna try and fall asleep :hello:

let see... work on bike.. check.

continue working on bike check.

bike almost done check.

bike springs oil leak.. AHH FK

work calls.. SON OF A b*tch!!!

throw wrenchs across garage and smash phone. CHECK!

i didnt make it.. got called into work.. was almost done with the bike too just needed to slap on the chain and give her a quick test spin up the block with the new jetting..

let see... work on bike.. check.

continue working on bike check.

bike almost done check.

bike springs oil leak.. AHH FK

work calls.. SON OF A b*tch!!!

throw wrenchs across garage and smash phone. CHECK!

i didnt make it.. got called into work.. was almost done with the bike too just needed to slap on the chain and give her a quick test spin up the block with the new jetting..

that sux man..i would have said srry out of town with the family..but i bet its not like that with your work of place :dunno: also lemme know when u would like your magazine's back

just got back last night about 7, i was asleep at 830. so here is a quick breif.

leaving on wednesday, it was raining (lightly) made it over the hump and through the fog on Potisi it was slow going, you could only see about 50 feet in front of you.

got to the entry road, and because it had rained, the road was good, no dust, and fairly smooth, the flats were nice and packed and no dust there either, found our camp right away, (camped with mike, jodi, stacey, Paul and amanda, and nicole...and a ton of other peeps.

Wednesday night was just chillin at camp for the most part. just doing stoppies in the sand with the mog, and then off to comp for some fun,

thursday, woke up with no hangover WOOO HOOO, went riding on the two wheeler, and in the mog, Nicole fell in love with driving the Mog, so that freed me up to stay on the two wheeler, had to make a couple fixes on the mog from mobing it the night before.

DINNER TIME!....num num num...good food...good peep..full belly!

sat around only because now i was too full of food to move3, then off to comp again. for more antics and debauchery.

friday was a recap of wed and thurs, and sat was just putting around in the mog with my wife and "Smudge", finally had to pack up and get going, apparently i took almot 400 pictures, so ill get them loaded up tonight and see how it looks and post them up tonight.

:dunno:

just got back last night about 7, i was asleep at 830. so here is a quick breif.

leaving on wednesday, it was raining (lightly) made it over the hump and through the fog on Potisi it was slow going, you could only see about 50 feet in front of you.

got to the entry road, and because it had rained, the road was good, no dust, and fairly smooth, the flats were nice and packed and no dust there either, found our camp right away, (camped with mike, jodi, stacey, Paul and amanda, and nicole...and a ton of other peeps.

Wednesday night was just chillin at camp for the most part. just doing stoppies in the sand with the mog, and then off to comp for some fun,

thursday, woke up with no hangover WOOO HOOO, went riding on the two wheeler, and in the mog, Nicole fell in love with driving the Mog, so that freed me up to stay on the two wheeler, had to make a couple fixes on the mog from mobing it the night before.

sat around only because now i was too full of food to move3, then off to comp again. for more antics and debauchery.

friday was a recap of wed and thurs, and sat was just putting around in the mog with my wife and "Smudge", finally had to pack up and get going, apparently i took almot 400 pictures, so ill get them loaded up tonight and see how it looks and post them up tonight.

damn sounds like a fun time

that sux man..i would have said srry out of town with the family..but i bet its not like that with your work of place :dunno: also lemme know when u would like your magazine's back

keep em or recycle them or give em away.. :P

Thank Gawd the weather dorkcasters haven't got a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 beautiful days with 2 hours of rain once in the early morning while asleep !

Rail held up, Rhino carried me on several side trips. Good friends showed up. Great Turkeky day meal. Great fires at night. It was awsome. Sand was rough from the rain. Crowds about half of normal as I saw it.

Great Trip! Road in last Sunday was a little rough, graded today on the way out and smooth as a babys bottom!

had a great week i was glad i got to go out we got there wednesday morning road on the way in was so messed up we unloaded i went riding was ruff out in the dunes wed :moon: then that night we had to pull bryson (sp??) out cuz he got stuck in his big rig . then on thursday had some turkey :booty: :black: ate alot, not as bumpy in the dunes then went to the wall that night watched the trophy trucks run standing with most or the ddr peeps :dunno: and watched ragdoll in the mini mog doing stopies :lol: . then friday was the same but we went to the wall around 3pm i was racing people on my dads 450 beat all except 1 person :dance: . then we came home sat morning. :dope::thumb::hello:

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

Edited by dumontdude10

Just got home. We didn't stay as late as we expected. I was exhausted and sore so we split around noon.

Weekend was great! Weather couldn't have been better. I got alot of good rides in. Man those dunes were rough. My hands and forearms are feeling today, but the rides were worth every bit of it.

We finally checked out Little Dumont this weekend. In the ten years I have been going to D, I have never checked it out until this weekend. Pretty damn cool! :D

The overall camp area definitley had less campers than previous years, but comp hill was sure packed at night. Good times.

I had a great weekend and hung out with lots of great peeps. :dunno:

Will post up more later with some pics.

too bad for all of u quad riders

bump bump bump bump bump :hello:

roughest ive ever seen it

made me a better rider tho...just carvin those turns

bearings loose on my back wheel, need new sprocket and chain set...clutch levers bent

ive only had my sprocket for half a season and its really startin to wear

anyone know a good one to get for sand

dont say renthal cuz thats the one i had this time and last time break down too easily :dunno:

too bad for all of u quad riders

bump bump bump bump bump :hello:

roughest ive ever seen it

made me a better rider tho...just carvin those turns

bearings loose on my back wheel, need new sprocket and chain set...clutch levers bent

ive only had my sprocket for half a season and its really startin to wear

anyone know a good one to get for sand

dont say renthal cuz thats the one i had this time and last time break down too easily :dunno:

I took my YZ250 out for a ride and it was definitley more comfortable than the qaud, but those huge ruts were brutal in the turns. Bike started running like crap (I think due to some old gas it had in it :dope: ) so I brought it back to camp. You're right though- it makes you a better rider. Sometimes the more challenging rides are pretty fun.

As for sprockets...I run the cheap steel Tusk or Rocky Mtn brand ones and they work great and last. Might wanna start a different thread about that though so we don't derail the T-day report.. ;)

I took my YZ250 out for a ride and it was definitley more comfortable than the qaud, but those huge ruts were brutal in the turns. Bike started running like crap (I think due to some old gas it had in it :black: ) so I brought it back to camp. You're right though- it makes you a better rider. Sometimes the more challenging rides are pretty fun.

As for sprockets...I run the cheap steel Tusk or Rocky Mtn brand ones and they work great and last. Might wanna start a different thread about that though so we don't derail the T-day report.. ;)

yeah man...i heard u just stick that tire in the rut and follow it out like its a burm

not as crowded as i thought this week

put $100 on the card for gas :?:

got to 85 and we had to look for more things to fill up :dope:

inexpensive trip. :dunno::hello:

had some good fried :thumb: as well...mmm

yeah ill check that out

just thought id kill 2 birds with one stone

also got a $20 off coupon for rcky mtn...thnx mucho

Who had your mog last night??

It was still at comp when I left at 10:30-11.With a bunch of guys in the back!!

Edited by dunefreak

Another great weekend at the dunes, rolled in Thur afternoon, the road was in great shape. Dust was down from the showers, no rain all weekend, sun was out, overall some great weather for the dunes. The dunes were really chopped up which made a bumpy ride. The wind started Sat afternoon and the backsides were starting to smooth out some, wish we could have stayed for a morning ride today. Got on the road at 6am, no traffic at all. Most peeps I've seen at comp in over a year, good turnout. Mofo's took off to comp last night without a couple, it's all good though, got a good nights sleep for an early morning trip home. Meet some more DDR peeps this trip as well, nice meeting all of ya.... See you all next time...Semper Fi, Woody :dunno:

dogs116.jpg

dogs113.jpg

dogs106.jpg

dogs103.jpg

dogs095.jpg

dogs093.jpg

dogs085.jpg

dogs080.jpg

dogs063.jpg

dogs062.jpg

dogs047.jpg

dogs042.jpg

dogs039.jpg

dogs034.jpg

dogs030.jpg

dogs017.jpg

dogs007.jpg

dogs015.jpg

dogs009.jpg

58.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

29.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Edited by wsky70

I shoulda gone :dunno: I shoulda gone :hello: I shoulda gone :dope: I shoulda gone :thumb: I shoulda gone :black: I shoulda gone :booty: I shoulda gone :dance: I shoulda gone :moon: I shoulda gone :lol: I shoulda gone :lol: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead:

Mofo's took off to comp last night without a couple

:?: You talkin about us, Woods? Evereyone was talking about going for about 30 minutes or so. I thought you guys were either snoozin or watching a movie. Then my truck was full full. Sorry man. :dunno:

Sweet pics! :D Great weekend.

I shoulda gone :dope: I shoulda gone :thumb: I shoulda gone :black: I shoulda gone :booty: I shoulda gone :dance: I shoulda gone :moon: I shoulda gone :lol: I shoulda gone :lol: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead: I shoulda gone :banghead:

I did got your text Ian. Too bad ya coudn't make it, however I didn't even have it in me to ride any more today anyways. :cripple::hello:

I went to Havasu with the fam. good riding untill my pops rolled bigtruckdrmr's 250 ex and cracked some ribs. :hello:

Saw Randog on the way home today. :lol:

Where's the pix, get those fuggers uploaded.

Right on Sean ^^^. Yeah, I was like... who wa-dat? :banghead: Big DDR sticker on back window bro. :banghead:

Hope your pops is OK.

------------

Awesome weekend. :dope:

Mark, Lou, Tommy, and Dave cooked three turkeys under ground. :booty:

Thanks to everyone and especially Dawn for coordinating that delicious meal. :banghead:

Sand was a little rough for my lite car and this out of shape guy on the YFZ.

Rippin' buggy runs Wed, Thurs and Friday. :dance: :moon: :lol::randog:

And The Prez lead a rippin' quad ride Saturday morning. :mc::mc::mc:

We putted just out of camp then it was :ah: the rest of the run. :thumb:

Didn't take the toys to the hill at night. But got rides each night so I could :black: like a fish.

Good times with an awesome camp and great visitors. :dunno:

We had a blast.

R-