Ive Been Keepin an Eye on this BAD a$$!

motoxman30

6 months ago i heard about this project ford was doing with a new truck called the ford raptor

ive read up on all of it and i'm tellin ya they would make a killing if they came out with more trucks like this

wut sets this truck apart from any other is the fact that it is set up for the baja but its also good for street

heard the upped the motor,put a brand new design into motion, and dont forget the suspension was done by fox

400 hp :ah:

around 3-4 months ago when gas prices hit their peak ford stopped their production on this because no one wants a truck with lower than 20 mpgs...but i just read in truck trend they have it all ready to come out real soon

Ford_Raptor_R_Concept_153644_20081104_l.jpg

ford-f150-svt-raptor-2010-rear-dust-cloud_w800.jpg

this thing is a beast

and theyre talkin about racin it in the baja

reminder that this all comes stock no work to be put into it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBSto378NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4-zARZVT4

looks cool..my buddy saw this truck at sema and got to talking with them and this truck should be available in 2010 from they told him, but overall he said its a pretty bada$$ for a ford..to really test it they should huck it over a jump and see how it hold lol jk

looks cool..my buddy saw this truck at sema and got to talking with them and this truck should be available in 2010 from they told him, but overall he said its a pretty bada$$ for a ford..to really test it they should huck it over a jump and see how it hold lol jk

they got a video of it doin a lil jump somewhere on youtube

i wanna know the price

probably mid 30s no doubt

i worked a ford show a year ago and they had a few videos of this truck looks cool. fox shocks are stock on it.

pretty much what you saw in the video is gonna be what they are selling on lot when it hits the dealership..im sure there are more options if you wanted added in..but can it do these :grin: haha

Being a Ford..... :idiot: Then call it a Raptor, :lol::lol:

What other reasons do you need to hate it???? :stir:

cmon man

it dont matter :laughoff: whether ur a ford fan or a chevy fan

uve got to admit...its about time they came out with something like this

:laughoff: just the way it floats over those woops :laughoff:

i like chevy and ford. :lol: ...the two top companies

but then again i wouldnt mind a dodge ram or a titan

right now this is goin on my christmas list

if i could have this truck id be stoked :yiah:

and im readin in truck trend that its gonna be a "value price"

cant wait

Being a Ford..... :idiot: Then call it a Raptor, :lol::lol:

What other reasons do you need to hate it???? :stir:

causr raptor rhymes with crapper :lol: :poop:

this is my evaluation from just the pics posted on this thread

that thing jumps any higher than a couple feet off the ground, that front end is gonna get taco'd, unless they moved the motor to mid chassis.

prolly ridin around in the flats and mid range whoops is all it would be good for off-road

Edited by richard cheese

causr raptor rhymes with crapper :idiot: :poop:

this is my evaluation from just the pics posted on this thread

that thing jumps any higher than a couple feet off the ground, that front end is gonna get taco'd, unless they moved the motor to mid chassis.

prolly ridin around in the flats and mid range whoops is all it would be good for off-road

nah bro

they said they tested it for durability

did 1,000 miles off road out in nevada over woops and little jumps

thats where theyre smart...workin out all the kinks

but its a truck dude...its not like a trophy truck with the 3 feet of travel so any air on a stock truck is amazing

one of my buddys has got a ranger with all the suspension on it..he went over a speed bump and the hime joint broke on it. so with the stock suspension being wut it is it shouldnt have many problems for the moderate offroader....theyre even talkin bout racin these in the baja 1000

ford kicked it up a notch on this one

hopefully chevy will follow but one of their main truck factories in michigan shut down a few months back

it would be nice to see that race baja......

it would be nice to see the big 3 race the baja in their stock 1500 series truck every year, and the improvements they make year by year, be available to the public

yeah ill admit they make a few upgrades to the truck for the baja....its gotta have enough power and they probably lighten it up a bit

hopefully chevy follows this example

it would be awesome if they started producing these on the assembly line :black:

wonder if it has sideways suspension :beercheers::lol: (inside joke)

Hell no. There's only one truck with dat chit yo! :B :laughoff::slap::beercheers:

I saw one of these at tech downtown on Fri night for the BITD race. It looked pretty cool, but I would question some things on it as far as long term abuse and durability. These trucks these days are being made more and more out of tupperware. :drunk:

that look sweet but i bet for the price you pay you can just put longtravel on a normal f150.

the shocks on the back of that are the same as mine on my truck except mine are kings but im not doing no jumps :offtopic:

Edited by 90+ PLUS

Stock Chevy's can already handle anything thrown at em so there's really no need for a model like this. :laughoff:

Here comes the pic of my truck stuck right?.... :dunno::grin:

Seriously though, have have put my trucks through some chit in the past and they have held up suprisingly well. :offtopic: Ask Steveo and Tommy down the street. :finger: lol

Stock Chevy's can already handle anything thrown at em so there's really no need for a model like this. :laughoff:

Here comes the pic of my truck stuck right?.... :dope::lol:

Seriously though, have have put my trucks through some chit in the past and they have held up suprisingly well. :offtopic: Ask Steveo and Tommy down the street. :grin: lol

dont worry i wont post your chit stuck :dunno: ive been stuck like that but worse and im suprised my lil s-10 is still holdin up :finger: