Street bike motor powered quads?

busa boy

Just wandering if anyone of you guys with a street bike motor in a quad will be out at dumont during Dec. 25- Jan. 1

I'll have my raptor that has a 1300 hayabusa motor in it out there during that time. :whoop:

I love racing against bikes that have street bike motors in them, nothing like trowing down on the trottle of a bike that has 150 stock HP :black: :idiot::clap: :angry2: :dope::headbang1::headbang1:

I get kind of tired of racing the stroker banshees.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still banshees out their that can beat me easily :black:

The 10mils in the drags frames are able to beat me, and obviously anything bigger.

The only thing that holds me back from them is the weight of my quad, 540Lbs!

But I'll tell you, once you slap a turbo on one of those street bike motors they really wake up.

The most HP that anyone has gotten from a Hayabusa motor is 701 HP :angry2: :dope::headbang1:

That might be enough to :whoop: a 24mil in the :headbang1::idiot::clap::blah::blah:

There are still banshees out their that can beat me easily :black:

The 10mils in the drags frames are able to beat me, and obviously anything bigger.

The only thing that holds me back from them is the weight of my quad, 540Lbs!

But I'll tell you, once you slap a turbo on one of those street bike motors they really wake up.

The most HP that anyone has gotten from a Hayabusa motor is 701 HP :angry2: :dope::headbang1:

That might be enough to :blah: a 24mil in the :headbang1::idiot::clap::blah::blah:

damn :ah: talk about hold the fu@k on and hope the throttle dont stick :whoop:

It's all about horsepower to weight ratio

Lets say that a stroker banshee has about 180 HP (generous) and it is in a drag frame; the total weight would

be around 230 lbs. The HP to weight ratio would be .78 or (one pound of the bike is being pulled by .78 HP).

Now lets say that a quad has a hayabusa motor in it that is putting out 600HP (it's possibly to get 700 HP out of that motor) and its in a custom built frame. My bike weighs 540 lbs., so for sake of argument lets say that the bike weights 550 lbs. The HP to weight ratio would be 1.11 or (one pound of the bike is being pulled by 1.11HP).

I'll give you this much, the banshee will win on a short hill. But if the hill is a fairly long one then the banshee is

:dunno:

That what I think, what do you guys think.

what you have in the motor.

its just ported, bored, coolhead with higher compression domes, 33mm carbs, CPI inframe drag pipes, extended swinger and its tuned fairly well. It's lightened up with spindle wheels and stuff and it has some other stuff done to it, but I'm not really sure of all of them cuz its not my bike. I haven't seen a faster pump gas banshee tho.

I just sold my red R1 Banhsee a few weeks ago. The new onwer may be out there though. He has apparently been out with it a bunch since he bought it. The new bike is in the works but it won't be done for some time. Just got the motor in last week and we're working on the turbo plenum now.

post-400-1228618756_thumb.jpg

post-400-1228618794_thumb.jpg

Edited by DP315

I just sold my red R1 Banhsee a few weeks ago. The new onwer may be out there though. He has apparently been out with it a bunch since he bought it. The new bike is in the works but it won't be done for some time. Just got the motor in last week and we're working on the turbo plenum now.

I'm liken it. Is that GSXR 1000 motor?

how much did you sell your R1 banshee for?

Got rid of the R1 for 6. The new bike is an 06 GSXR1000 in a 660 frame. I think that green bike started out with a 600 in it and was sold. I believe the new owner then put a gsxr1000 in it. The kid riding it was a few pounds lighter than me and had me by a bike lenght or two.

I remember racing that one green quad that you raced in the video. Put a wiping on him :beercheers:

Is your bike N/A ? I met a guy from Havasu out there a few years ago that had turbo on his busa and ended up breaking the case. Don't know if he ever fixed it but while I was doing 68mph up comp he was at 83.......

Is your bike N/A ? I met a guy from Havasu out there a few years ago that had turbo on his busa and ended up breaking the case. Don't know if he ever fixed it but while I was doing 68mph up comp he was at 83.......

All what done to my engine is; Muzzy side winder drag racing exhaust system, pro flow air filter, yoshimura ignition system, drag racing oil pan.

It's also in a 660 raptor frame.

you mean that green bike first had a 600 cc motor and then they put a 1000 cc motor in it. because that would explain why it all most beat me last time, because the time before that ( when he had the 600 motor?) he would be half way done with the hill when I was at the top. It's a lot faster now! but not fast enough. :beercheers:

My bike was clocked around 70mph on banshee hill.

Hopefully I will have my new sprocket by new years

I missing a couple of teeth on my other one :beercheers:

So do you build these bikes for fun, something you would on your spare time?

Yeah the current owner of the green bike (last I talked to them)apparently bought it from a friend with a 600 in it. They said it wasn't fast enough so they put a GSXR1000 in it.

What kind or gearing you running on your bike ? I would think a 1300 would be a little faster than 70 ? My R1 would run 68 all day and the last time I had it out I was at 70 pretty consistently. I was running a 14/60 with a 12" swingarm and 14 paddle extremes.

This is something I just do as a hobby. I always wanted street bike conversion so I biult one, then I decided that I wanted a turbo conversion so thats where the new project comes in. Have any pics of your bike ?

Yeah the current owner of the green bike (last I talked to them)apparently bought it from a friend with a 600 in it. They said it wasn't fast enough so they put a GSXR1000 in it.

What kind or gearing you running on your bike ? I would think a 1300 would be a little faster than 70 ? My R1 would run 68 all day and the last time I had it out I was at 70 pretty consistently. I was running a 14/60 with a 12" swingarm and 14 paddle extremes.

This is something I just do as a hobby. I always wanted street bike conversion so I biult one, then I decided that I wanted a turbo conversion so thats where the new project comes in. Have any pics of your bike ?

My front might be 14 or 15 but the rear is 55 tooth. 12" swingarm with skat trak rippers 10 paddle 24in.

I would think that our bikes would be almost the same, I have 145 HP and 90 lbs of torque at the rear wheel and my bike weighs 540 lbs. There is not much difference in power from a R1 and Hayabusa, is there? we lost so HP by ditching the air box, because the motor should be putting out about 160 HP at the rear wheel.

I raced a GSXR 1000 in a banshee frame before, it was good racing. We would take off about the same and once we were about a quarter of the way up the hill I would start to pull away from him.

Do you think my gearing could be the reason why I'm not as fast as I should be. Would it really make the difference of 5 mph you think?

Sorry dont have any pictures of my bike, my other computer just to a sh#t on me and all my pictures where on it.

Did you dyno your R1? How much did it weigh?

It sounds like weight , paddles , or maybe gearing are the difference? My bike was 480lbs with 25x12x9 14 extreme paddle. I ran it with filters right off the throttle bodies and a custom exhaust. In fact when I had the dyno done the air to fuel ratio didn't even have to be changed even though I eliminated the air box and used custom headers. I dont know how your bike runs, but a 55 sounds a little tall to me (not enough teeth)? I'm optomistic with the turbo on the new bike and will be running a 55 which should ideally give me 88 in 3rd@10,350rpm.

I geared the R1 bike to run 69 @10,500rpm. I was pretty close at 68 and periodically hit 70mph (or the rev limiter if the hill was choppy). I probably could have gone to a 58/59 sprocket, or even a 16 paddle.

My dyno only came out at 88hp, but the wheels were spinning all the way through 5th gear so that's not a real accurate #.

As fas as speed goes 1mph=1.467fps(feet per second).................so 5mph=7.335 feet that you're pulling ahead of somebody every second. If you figure a 6 second race, thats 44 feet your ahead at the end.

post-400-1228701861_thumb.jpg

Edited by DP315