Street bike motor powered quads?

busa boy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold my red R1 Banhsee a few weeks ago. The new onwer may be out there though. He has apparently been out with it a bunch since he bought it. The new bike is in the works but it won't be done for some time. Just got the motor in last week and we're working on the turbo plenum now.

I seen this get beat by a stock cyl. ported banshee on alky :laughoff:

It doesn't matter what you ride, there is always somebody faster. I'd bet though dollar for dollar you're getting a faster more reliable bike with a street bike motor. I definately had my share getting beat by worked banshees, but how many of them can hot lap the hill time after time and keep running without breaking something or overheating ?I like to go out to ride not sit around working on my bikes or waiting for my bike to cool down. just my :laughoff:

Edited by DP315

It doesn't matter what you ride, there is always somebody faster. I'd bet though dollar for dollar you're getting a faster more reliable bike with a street bike motor. I definately had my share getting beat by worked banshees, but how many of them can hot lap the hill time after time and keep running without breaking something or overheating ?I like to go out to ride not sit around working on my bikes or waiting for my bike to cool down. just my :laughoff:

Quite a few of them. The bike I ride never has a problem getting hot and has been about as reliable as you can get. I don't understand why ppl think drag bikes are always getting hot or breaking? I'd bet dollar for dollar on that one. You can hot lap all you want and temp is never a problem. I'm the one that usually needs a break.. not the bike. But your right there is always something faster, and it's almost always a banshee. :D

Well after the 3rd fuked up trip in a row im almost to the point of setting fire to my POS bike, yet again its overheating and yet again Ive got stupid little things that fuk up a trip....

It sooo nice when its running rite but all these BS problems and constant wrenching are getting on my t*ts :laughoff::slap::beercheers::beercheers:

Well after the 3rd fuked up trip in a row im almost to the point of setting fire to my POS bike, yet again its overheating and yet again Ive got stupid little things that fuk up a trip....

It sooo nice when its running rite but all these BS problems and constant wrenching are getting on my t*ts :offtopic::laughoff::finger::dunno:

Stop spraying it with NOS and either keep it a drag bike and spray or a duner and ride, you cant have the best of both worlds and think she is going to run fine when you want to ride thru the dunes with no juice..

Edited by 1BADYFZ

you are totally right! those banshees seem like they always need work done to them, thats what happens when you trick those engines up like that. You could be running a hayabusa motor that has an easy 350 HP that is also reliable, and that SOB can run all day and never give you a problem. And you would still be keeping up with those 18 mils.

four banger motors :offtopic:

Anybody remember this bike ? I'm pretty sure the hyabusa owns that hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6TDC7gDWIQ

There was an article in sand sport magazine on that Hillbilly busa quad. I has like 550HP in that thing. Turbo is pumping out 35 psi. 100 shot of Nos.

That quad is :offtopic: ing fast!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by busa boy

Quite a few of them. The bike I ride never has a problem getting hot and has been about as reliable as you can get. I don't understand why ppl think drag bikes are always getting hot or breaking? I'd bet dollar for dollar on that one. You can hot lap all you want and temp is never a problem. I'm the one that usually needs a break.. not the bike. But your right there is always something faster, and it's almost always a banshee. :D

What do you have done with your bike?

Stop spraying it with NOS and either keep it a drag bike and spray or a duner and ride, you cant have the best of both worlds and think she is going to run fine when you want to ride thru the dunes with no juice..

Dammit I will have my cake and eat it :offtopic:

Head is new I just replaced the modded one the last time it blew.

The compression used to be stupidly high with the other head but now its only a little more than stock due to the jug being decked.

It definatly revs out better with the stock head.