Rooster Rails

sand chick

Well..... a friend of mine from Oregon pointed me to forum buggyfreaks.com that may have some information on them...they did.....

And here it is....

06 Rooster Rail, two seat, rear engine long travel sand rail. Pontiac 3.8 w/ polished supercharger which has a smaller pulley, fully tuned pcm by HP Tuners. Fully built 091 transaxle by Dons Bus Box

normal_P1060974.JPG

normal_P1060976.JPG

normal_P1060978.JPG

normal_P1060981.JPG

normal_P1060993.JPG

normal_P1070031.JPG

normal_P1070017.JPG

This car is a blast. Can't wait to get it dailed in. It was a great day out there. Execpt for the Tatum car crashing. I need to get it on a scanner to see what is up with it running rich. It has a stock computer in it so If anyone can scan or tell me how to please let me know.

I have no idea. I could pm you the guys email if you want.

Thanks mike but this year has been a bad one for us..but maybe by next year hopfully, will be looking for a car similar too this one.. Looks like a vary well built car and a plus only two seater..

congrats on the new car hope you enjoy it

Thanks mike but this year has been a bad one for us..but maybe by next year hopfully, will be looking for a car similar too this one.. Looks like a vary well built car and a plus only two seater..

congrats on the new car hope you enjoy it

Thanks. It has mr thinking about putting the sand limo back on the crappy market.

This car is a blast. Can't wait to get it dailed in. It was a great day out there. Execpt for the Tatum car crashing. I need to get it on a scanner to see what is up with it running rich. It has a stock computer in it so If anyone can scan or tell me how to please let me know.

Does it have an OBD port on it Mike? I noticed it has 02 sensors so if it is running rich it should throw a fault.

Does it have an OBD port on it Mike? I noticed it has 02 sensors so if it is running rich it should throw a fault.

Yea it has that port. We were gonna go see if someone had a scanner back at camp but we ended up helping get the wrecked rail back to camp. It has alot of sensors on it.

Yea it has that port. We were gonna go see if someone had a scanner back at camp but we ended up helping get the wrecked rail back to camp. It has alot of sensors on it.

DO AWAY WITH THAT COMPUTER, TAKE IT TO CBM HAVE A MEPHI 4 COMPUTER INSTALED AND THEY DYNO TUNE IT AS WELL !!

CAPT GAINED 50 HP DUMPING THE FACTORY COMPUTER AND INSTALLING THE MEPHI 4 AND GAINED ANOTHER 50 CAMMING HIS CAR

Edited by barefoot bob

DO AWAY WITH THAT COMPUTER, TAKE IT TO CBM HAVE A MEPHI 4 COMPUTER INSTALED AND THEY DYNO TUNE IT AS WELL !!

CAPT GAINED 50 HP DUMPING THE FACTORY COMPUTER AND INSTALLING THE MEPHI 4 AND GAINED ANOTHER 50 CAMMING HIS CAR

Bob, your yelling again!!!!!! :dope:

I have a little hand held reader that you can borrow, or If you feel like making the trek bring it by the shop we have a Snap-On Modis here that will read codes and let you see live readings.

Or maybe someone closer to you has a similar set up.

I have a little hand held reader that you can borrow, or If you feel like making the trek bring it by the shop we have a Snap-On Modis here that will read codes and let you see live readings.

Or maybe someone closer to you has a similar set up.

Thanks Ian. It will be down for a week or so. Needs a input shaft seal. I would love to see what is up with it.

Bob. You are of course correct but that would require money. Maybe in the summer.

Thanks Ian. It will be down for a week or so. Needs a input shaft seal. I would love to see what is up with it.

Bob. You are of course correct but that would require money. Maybe in the summer.

Let me know, we could meet somewhere and ill give you the hand held, all it does though is read the P code and it has a book that tells you what the fault is. You have to diagnose from there.