Banshee Jetting

rushjunkie

i have a 04 banshee that is mostly stock. it runs fine at sea level, but up in dumont its seems to lean out on the top end. it seems to be pulling fine as it gets into the powerband but falls flat a little early. i didnt mess with the air screw last time out and i havent pulled the plugs to check the condition, but maybe somebody can tell me what size jets might work up there. :think:

list of mods:

Toomey T6 pipes

TORS eliminated

K&N, no lid, billet adaptor

Boyesen reeds

Boost bottle (worthless IMO)

also getting ready to install adjustable timing plate if i can pick up some power on a stock engine.

i have a 04 banshee that is mostly stock. it runs fine at sea level, but up in dumont its seems to lean out on the top end. it seems to be pulling fine as it gets into the powerband but falls flat a little early. i didnt mess with the air screw last time out and i havent pulled the plugs to check the condition, but maybe somebody can tell me what size jets might work up there. :offtopic:

list of mods:

Toomey T6 pipes

TORS eliminated

K&N, no lid, billet adaptor

Boyesen reeds

Boost bottle (worthless IMO)

also getting ready to install adjustable timing plate if i can pick up some power on a stock engine.

Dumont is only 700' above sea level. If it runs fine at sea level, 700' shouldn't make that kind of difference. On my bike I have t5's, port work & timing. If I recall correctly I'm around 230main and 27.5 needle, I also run a k&n, but I have to use the airbox lid (with holes drilled per toomey). Believe it or not just removing the airbox lid will make that thing run completely crappy.

Get rid of the boost bottle. Does toomey specify holes drilled in tha air box with the lid on ? I know they did with the t5's and if you have not done that in my experience that will cause the type of problem your having.

I drilled all the holes in the airbox when i first installed the t6 kit, but when i switched from foam filter to the k&n, i left the lid off of it. It ran fine out in baja in hot humid weather, but in dumont its not acting the same. it sounds like i should try throwing the lid back on (which is already drilled with 12 1" holes), and try fine tuning with the air screws. I have the recommended jetting on there, but i cant remember what size they are. Boost bottle is going away too.

You guys think that its worth going +4 degrees on the timing on a stock engine? I havent ridden one with that mod. The only other banshee in my riding group has alot more work done to it. There doesnt seem to be many more duner banshees out there.

If you are going to put an adjustable timing plate, be careful. To much advance causes detenation in the cylinder. I dont know about doing it with stock porting. My group still has a few banshees we dune. We'll be out for new years if you want to go riding. 2 strokes still rule

i have my bike with fmf's at +4 stock factory port work.. stock bore.. no detonation.. my duneported bike with 34mm carbs is at +5..it burns 91/100 octane mix.. no detonation.. once again my dads bike with dmc's on it. stock airbox and carbs.. stock stroke and port.. with +4 timing.. no detonation.. it all depends on how well tuned ur bike is also

i have my bike with fmf's at +4 stock factory port work.. stock bore.. no detonation.. my duneported bike with 34mm carbs is at +5..it burns 91/100 octane mix.. no detonation.. once again my dads bike with dmc's on it. stock airbox and carbs.. stock stroke and port.. with +4 timing.. no detonation.. it all depends on how well tuned ur bike is also

just curious, your 91/100 fuel, is the 100 AV gas, aviation?