STILL contemplating purchasing a joyner?

Richard Cheese

yet another reason not to.

taken from rv.net

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseacti...id/22205595.cfm

Hi Guys,

I'm just looking for a little help here -- I'm more than a little disgusted -- at myself.

I could've put this in the "Chinese ATV" post... but it's a little different.

Problem #1... I bought a Joyner. Chinese Junk.

Problem #2... I had a REALLY good salesman, who said all the right things.

If I would've taken the time to research, like I usually do, I would've found I was being lied to right from the start.

I bought this thing about 2 months ago. It has a 3 month warranty on it, so I figure I better act fast:

The sales brochure says Joyner is an Arizona company, and so did the salesman. After doing very little digging, I see it's made in China. Disgusted, because I don't even shop at Wal-crap because of all of the chinese junk there. I feel like a traitor. (

Winch didn't work at the dealership... Salesman had his "technician" look at it, and fixed it. First time on the trail, it didn't work again. Broke fenders trying to get it "unstuck".

Then, it overheated. The dealership did not fill with antifreeze. Then, they replaced it with an "almost new" one. Had more miles than my "new" one. The dump box doesn't fit right on it, and smells like something is burning everytime you run it.

Then, 3 weeks ago (just before hunting season) The rear differential went out of it while my wife was driving around the yard. The Owner said that apparently I'm "hard on equipment." This raised MY temperature level, and I overheated. After calming down, he then told me that Joyner had some differential problems. Something about not hardening the gears or something.

Got it fixed, bring it home, now I have a puddle of oil on my brand new garage floor 12" round.

Radio that comes with it doesnt' work. Salesman said the radio will be replaced. Owner won't do it, because it's more trouble than it's worth.

Won't start if it's less than 20 degrees outside. Seems to be an issue when it's been less than 20 degrees since November 20th. Only way it will start is if i put the jumper cables on it. Owner of dealership said to "buy a new battery. Batteries are not covered by warranty." When I asked if he's sold any of these to people that use them in the winter (salesman said he's sold a ton of them -- to loggers even.) he didn't know if anyone uses them in the winter. When I inquired about the longevity of these things, he replied, "There's a reason they're about $5k less than the others."

This is a 2008 Joyner Commando C4 with less than 80 miles on it (45 were on it when I got it.)

Are ATVs exempt from the Lemon Law? Don't get me wrong -- I like the TYPE of machine, but I've had it with my dealership, and the company.

Any ideas from the greatest group of RVers on the planet?

Thanks,

Jason

and no :clap: i didnt write it :laughing:

:boxer::dunno::dunno::dunno:

I freakin LOVED mine...still miss her sometimes...but it was one of the buggy's and not one of the rhino take off things...I mean granted it was underpowered for the sand great in the dirt....hence the motor upgrade... but it was well put together and I took that baby in some pretty hairy places. It rock crawled..I went up and into some places that we didn't think it could go....without problem.....

• 2 weeks later...

post-4277-1230298386_thumb.jpg

I think so far I've had 18 joyners....

the only problem I had so far was on one of the commando's

the differental went after so heavy duty hill climming up in

northern Nevada,

but on the same note, I bought a brand new polaris ranger and the differenal blew

unloading it out of the trailer at coral pink!!!!

I had the 800 mini sand viper, almost 2 seasons, only thing I did was change oil

only sold it to get the new aluminum body 1100 , 86hp 4 speed...

they are what they are, and no I wouldn't buy one of their ls1's

the market they should stay in is the small, 1100 and less

for under 10k you can get a reliable fuel injected sand rail.

any more than that you might as well get a busa car, or ridge runner

I just bought 2 1100s, they were dealer close outs 14k for the pair

sold one(took a couple days) for 7 and now I got one

went everywhere at armagosa, and nellis so far

Hey R.C.

why do you bang on joyners so much??? do you own one?

have you ever owned one???

I hear all this talk about the chinese, to tell you the truth,

I don't really care if the Chinese put the japanese out of business!.

that just means Ride now will china crap , insteada Jap crap

of all the joyners I've owned I've never had one broke weld!!!

welding's like sex, how deep you penatrate is more important than how

good you look lay'n on top of the crack

can't say that about the busa car I sold abbott, he's still cry'n about that deal!!

They do have some cheesy junk bolts, but if you use cheesy junk china wrench's

they do fine... kinda like a&n fittings

Hey R.C.

why do you bang on joyners so much??? do you own one?

have you ever owned one???

I hear all this talk about the chinese, to tell you the truth,

I don't really care if the Chinese put the japanese out of business!.

that just means Ride now will china crap , insteada Jap crap

of all the joyners I've owned I've never had one broke weld!!!

can't say that about the busa car I sold abbott, he's still cry'n about that deal!!

They do have some cheesy junk bolts, but if you use cheesy junk china wrench's

they do fine... kinda like a&n fittings

nope, never owned one, dont care too.

i happy for you that you have had good luck with your joyners. I looked at them while i was comtemplating a side by side. test drove one and inspected it. the welds were crap. the carb gummed up...andthats on the dealer showroom floor.

I have seen several examples of the poor craftsmanship while at dumont and oceano, as well as online pics @glamisdunes.com. Im not out to piss anyone off...im just warning people about the garbage coming out of China

I bought my son a knock off quad about 3 years ago...biggest pos i ever owned...always wrenching on it on every trip. had to take the carb apart constantly, as the oriphis's on the intake were waaaaay too small, causing it to clog all the time....biggest waste of money i ever had.

:laughing:

good one i like that one

nope, never owned one, dont care too.

i happy for you that you have had good luck with your joyners. I looked at them while i was comtemplating a side by side. test drove one and inspected it. the welds were crap. the carb gummed up...andthats on the dealer showroom floor.

I have seen several examples of the poor craftsmanship while at dumont and oceano, as well as online pics @glamisdunes.com. Im not out to piss anyone off...im just warning people about the garbage coming out of China

I bought my son a knock off quad about 3 years ago...biggest pos i ever owned...always wrenching on it on every trip. had to take the carb apart constantly, as the oriphis's on the intake were waaaaay too small, causing it to clog all the time....biggest waste of money i ever had.

:laughing:

good one i like that one

I think the 800 and 1100 is their best product, fuel injected,

I had a about 6 or so of the commandos, I would just buy a rhino if I bought

another side x side, they seem to sell the best when your tired of them

I liked the 4x4 part of the commandos with the 4 speed and granny gears,

that and the auto size clutch and alt.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Richard on this one. A guy I ride with has a mini-buggy, not sure of the model. I towed him back to camp this weekend with fuel problems. He is tired of wrenching on it. He's looking at the RZR.

Here is a pic of him getting towed at Spangler last year when the tire broke a bead.

3_IMG_0355.jpg

Edited by Kevlar

• 10 years later...

I own a Joyner Renegade 1100cc, It's been great!

It is a pretty heavy duty machine compared to the other brands.

It seems to me that the other brands (Rino, etc,) are a lot noisier, kind of like a ride on lawn tractor, and not nearly as capable.

I wanted something that we could drive on the public roads and highways if needed. The Renegade can, no problem.

My Renegade can carry over 750 lbs. It can tow a hell of a lot more.

I have used my Renegade to pull full size trucks that were stuck in the snow. One, I pulled up hill in the snow and slush. No problem.

It seems to me the people that bang on the Joyner brand are maybe little pissed off that they overpaid for a lesser machine, perhaps for the brand names sake to make them feel better.

Oh well.