THRILLCRAFT-- PLEASE READ

Vegashd

I do a lot of rockcrawling and like the duning sport a lot of people thing it is just so bad for the environment.

Well if you look at the cover of their book on their webpage you see a nice sand rail.

Stacie Albright is an advocate to keep lands free for trail riding and whatever else we want to do. Just an FYI for those who may not know about him.

Here is a e-mail I got from Stacie today & something I encourage all to check out. Stop Thrillcraft - it's deceptive & looks like the usual BS of emotional based plus a lot of lying with statistics.

Hey at least for once they are being honest in that there goal is complete ban on Thrillcraft aka OHV use on all public lands.

"I’m sure you’ve already heard about “Thrillcraft”. If not, here’s the info (and prepare to get mad): www.staciealbright.blogspot.com

Stacie Albright

Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition

Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR)

Friends of Eldorado (FOE)

Motherlode Rockcrawlers

CA4WDC

www.staciealbright.blogspot.com "

MONDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2008

Thrillcraft

I'm sure that most of us have already heard about the dastardly 'thrillcrafts' that are out there destroying our public lands. The book "Thrillcraft" goes above and beyond pushing the environmental agenda and bashes any sort of off road vehicle use. Be prepared to get mad. Go here for more:

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/index.htm

This chit pisses me off. :rant_on:

If these jackasses spent a fraction of the time that it takes to write these books, e-mails, webpages, articles, etc etc :old: and actually went out INTO NATURE and saw what 4 wheelin, duning, rock crawling was all about...I bet they'd have a different outlook on things.

You can dune and 4 wheel without negativley impacting the environment. :grin:

for example

a quote from their website...

Dune buggies negatively impact dune formation...

Don't they understand how dunes are formed in the first place? WIND! duh :assblast:

here is a busy weekend at Dumont

normal_PB270653.JPG

normal_S2010401~0.JPG

normal_S2010413~0.JPG

normal_S2010405~0.JPG

add a little Dumont wind and WALLA!

normal_finger.JPG

normal_S2010038~5.JPG

normal_P8090224.JPG

normal_P8090229.JPG

normal_S2010146~3.JPG

normal_S2010120~6.JPG

Maybe they don't understand this concpet. :dunno::banghead: The dunes aren't being negatively impacted in any way from dune buggies. :kissass:

I bet his guy is some 40 year old virgin on his highhorse and just wants to make alot of people angry.

I bet if we took him on a ride in a rail he would be laughing and smiling the entire way, but as soon as he got out he would revert to his grump a$$ self!

Does this guy drive a gas powered vehile that emits pollution into the environment? Does he use a stove or heater in his house? Anything fuel related is making pollution and I would safely assume he is a violator of one of those items.

I like in that article how it stated that a jet ski dumps 3 gallons of fuel into the water for every hour of use!!

he was the little boy that never was invited to play with the rest of the little boys and now that is an old fart he wants to spoil the fun for all of us that enjoy a nice weekend playing with our off road toys something that he wishes he could do but he is :banghead: to do. oh yeah i am almost sure his house is not a green house :kissass:

Guest Crasher

Pete, you should contact that guy and send him those pictures and information about dune formations, etc. What a dumbass!! :kissass:

Obviously, these people have never participated in the sport. I like how they have such an opinion about this when they haven't even tried it, or researched it even. And it's true.....the amount they drive their cars/trucks everyday emits far more pollution than what our toys do only a few or more times per year. DUH!!!!! :?:

Maybe they should stop driving their vehicles if they are so worried about it. :banghead:

Where do they get this sh*t??????

"For instance the traditional two stoke engine that powers many thrillcraft leaves as much as 30% of its fuel on the ground or in the water"

30%??? Thats one rich runnin MOFO!!! and if they are talking about the oil then there's another great reason to run bean oil lol.

" Studies of snowmobile use in Yellowstone National Park estimate that more than 100,000 gallons of fuel are leaked to the snow each season."

Ya rite

Do we have any hackers or pimply kids available that can kill that website????????

Better yet, spend some time and change all the negative info into positive info. I garantee you that the person who runs the site wouldn't even notice for at least a week. :banghead:

i did send and email:

i sent it to:

ckassar@biologicaldiversity.org

I would like to take a moment to explain a few things to you and your "Anti Thrillcraft" propaganda. I have been an off roader for many years, and my of our friends are as well. I ride in the Southern Nevada. I enjoy playing in the Sand Dunes and in the open desert. Now mind you I do take it very serious. I ride where Iam told to ride, I dont go out into Preserve's or Restricted areas. I enjoy my ride time. My whole family does. We use that time to enjoy eachother and bond like a family. We catch up with our friends that enjoy the same sport. When we camp out, we dont bring glass, we dont burn plastic. we pack it in....and pack more out.

As a Military member for over 13 years, I applaud your dedication to close off the lands that I feel that I have earned the right to ride. I also will defend your right to think or feel or even say what you want. But now that I am on the soap box, I will give you MY OPINION.

I do not feel that all lands should be shut down, mabe some closed for a certian amount of time for the vegetation to regrow, or the beetle to come scurry back. At that point, then we should be able to come back to that land, and then the other closed to do the same. But to be so closed minded as I feel that you are......Well is INSANE!

Do you also realize that the lands we ride on are usually accessable through fees? Do you also realize that almost 75% of that money goes to Tree Huggers like yourself that are still trying to shut down the same lands that we pay to ride on?

I would like to go on and on. But I only get irritated and I do not feel that I should loose my cool. That would only fuel the fire. We are not the "Typical" off roaders. We take care of our lands, we promote and practice clean up days. I only ask that you look and comment on those of us that DO take care of our lands, instead of slamming all of us as the hardcore bare breasted partiers you think we all are.

Good day

Colby George

Las Vegas NV