Looking at some new quads

bladeridder

If those were my only choices it would be the Suzuki hands down. Of the three in my opinion the Suzuki is the better all around quad. I myself had a Banshee and loved it but there is more maintenance to a two stroke vehicle. Without knowing what you are using the quad for or ridng experience or mechanical skills or finances I would say Suzuki.

Looking at spending about $4500. I have found all three in that price range. I like the ride of the predator. Fox shocks are good. I would sacrifice power for ride. I mainly trail ride and go to the sand. Nothing crazy. Does that help? What about yfz450? My riding experience is good. I have ridden most from, Honda 450, Predator 500, Banshee, Raptor 660. So, I am good in that dept. I am also a big guy (230-240) and have sat on a few that seem to bottom out in the rear shock.

Edited by bladeridder

The new YFZ 450's are dieing on the showroom floors with the bad economy.

Look to see Yami soon offering good financing and the dealers reducing the price.

Nice units.

Heres' is a very good deal. Rich will take a much softer offer easily:

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4291

Banshees are destined to go the way of bellbottoms and the betamax.

Edited by yfzdad

at your weight you are a big guy for a 450 based bike, how tall are you? Have you thought of a Raptor 700, you can easily get a used 700 piped and filtered for that price also.

I gotta agree here.

The 450's may be a tad too small for you. The 700 Raptor is a Cadillac in ride and nice power as well.

If you want to stay with the original bikes you listed, I would personally take the Suzuki LTR, if I was going to build the motor in the future, I'd take the Yamaha 450.

• 3 weeks later...