DODGE TRUCK PROBLEMS

OGP

Anyone having problems with their dodge truck lately? There are rediculous deals on Dodge trucks right now and I was wondering about their relability compared to the chevy.

What kind of deals are out there in california?

ALMOST $20K OFF OF STICKER ON A DIESEL.

The best i have seen here in town was 12k off.. If i could get 20k off one of those 09 mega cabs that would be the shizzle and i would be sitting in dodges dealership first thing tomorrow morning :P

I had a buddy that had a 08 mega cab with the diesel and he had 3 turbos go out on it with only 15000 miles and his truck was all stock.

He had the chopper buy it back so he could get a gasser.The DPF on the cummins is a joke. The EGR puts to much soot in the turbo. So in short just get a chevy and be done.

Anyone having problems with their dodge truck lately? There are rediculous deals on Dodge trucks right now and I was wondering about their relability compared to the chevy.

You mean on Cajon Pass? :grin::laughoff:

Im a finance manager at a dodge dealer, I dont work in service or profess to have any great car knowlage but you can take this to the bank.....

The new cummins is sh*t Ive seen a few of them in service now with check engine lights/no start/ no boost issues, most of 'em come in on the hook.

From what customers and the service guys have told me the 2-3 yr old 5.9 is the only way to go, the new bigger motor is nothing more than a 1500lb lump of iron that makes your dash light up like a chrismas tree.

Im a finance manager at a dodge dealer, I dont work in service or profess to have any great car knowlage but you can take this to the bank.....

The new cummins is sh*t Ive seen a few of them in service now with check engine lights/no start/ no boost issues, most of 'em come in on the hook.

From what customers and the service guys have told me the 2-3 yr old 5.9 is the only way to go, the new bigger motor is nothing more than a 1500lb lump of iron that makes your dash light up like a chrismas tree.

ha dodge...joke? lol jk....my buddies 06 mega cab motor startin knocking bad at first start up. only had 50,000 on it, dodge said voided his warranty caussome how there was metal flakes in the fuel system,and the fuel system is all oem.

you all can kiss my :banghead: ive had 3 problems with my dodge ho in 4 years under warrenty its a great truck. eff yo pos dmax :driver:

btw: craig your a dork, you know i live 20 min from there . and james lives 10 min from where you broke. we would have rescued you till help could come from vegas. i didnt hear about it till capt was in baker. :blury:

Edited by barefoot bob

Just picked up a new 08 LOADED superduty on fri. (all right, lets hear it Ford haters). Checked all 3, out Ford came in at about $8500 back of invoice... Just about have to give away the 04 6.0 but I had ZERO issues with it so it's going to a buddy. :driver: The 6.4 hauls the mail compared to the 6.0.. :D

Just picked up a new 08 LOADED superduty on fri. (all right, lets hear it Ford haters). Checked all 3, out Ford came in at about $8500 back of invoice... Just about have to give away the 04 6.0 but I had ZERO issues with it so it's going to a buddy. :driver: The 6.4 hauls the mail compared to the 6.0.. :D

When you say "Just about had to give it away" is that becasue the 6.0 is a POS? I seen a nice one for cheap but the stories here scare me, I am sure they are good trucks as long as you service them? right?

The 08 superduty is a sweet azz truck. twin turbo and lots of ballz. halls the mail and consumes lots of fumes. Great Choice!!!

twin stage turbo, not twin turbo

Mark (crusty) isn't very impressed with his. He said his Dmax pulled better than his new Ford. :(

you all can kiss my :lol: ive had 3 problems with my dodge ho in 4 years under warrenty its a great truck. eff yo pos dmax :blah:

btw: craig your a dork, you know i live 20 min from there . and james lives 10 min from where you broke. we would have rescued you till help could come from vegas. i didnt hear about it till capt was in baker. :mex:

I offered to help Wingy out too, But he insisted he had it covered. :lol:

I went on to let him know: that is what he gets for NOT visiting while he was down here. :booty:

:driver:

Hope you got her home ok. :blury::lol:

R-

BTW: My 6.0 only gets the mail to camp. Delivery = mail-by-rail. :randog:

:banghead:

I offered to help Wingy out too, But he insisted he had it covered. :blah:

I went on to let him know: that is what he gets for NOT visiting while he was down here. :lol:

:driver:

Hope you got her home ok. :blury::lol:

R-

BTW: My 6.0 only gets the mail to camp. Delivery = mail-by-rail. :randog:

:banghead:

I have a 6.0 2003 F250 and had very few issues with it. It blew a down tube and had a couple of minor loil leaks but nothing major and 03 was it's first year.

I have a 6.0 2003 F250 and had very few issues with it. It blew a down tube and had a couple of minor loil leaks but nothing major and 03 was it's first year.

Yeah, same here Terry. I left my 05' stock just for that reason.

I did buy the 200k/2year extended though. :driver:

Might have wasted some $ there. oh well, piece of mind.

So far so good. :praying:

i had an 06 6.0 and had nothin but trouble(only when towing) with the turbo couplers and head bolts after it left us stranded for the 3rd time on the highway with an infant, i traded it in fo rthe 6.7 dodge. love the new dodge, it has had some dash lights come on nothin serious, been a good truck so far tows like a mutha. my .02

My wife works for a diesel company and the owner told me the 6.0 has had some problems but only after the exoctic stuff was put on to make it go faster. Other then that thay are good just take care of them.

Hell he said all the diesel trucks have issues and wil cost a boat load of cash to fix any major problems but thay are all good in his book.

Waiting to pull the trigger on a D-max or a ford. They need to be lifted and the right price but very soon. I sold the 1500 and cant see me driving a v8 again..GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!