1/26-1/29 Trip Report

WoofersInc

Headed out to the D on Monday early. Had a tire on the trailer blow out just outside Parhump. 45 minutes later and I was back moving again. Stopped in Parhump and nobody had a tire in the size I needed. I figured what the hell and continued on. Well just as I was coming down the grade towards the entrance road another tire blew. :blah: Well now what? I dropped the trailer and hauled butt into Baker where one of the repair shops had tires that fit. Got back to the trailer, put on a tire and got into Dumont at about 4PM.

The wind was blowing pretty good and the place was empty. There wasn't a track to be seen in the sand. Monday night the wind really picked up. It blew away my tables and broke my flagpole. The tables I found the next morning about a quarter mile down from me. Tuesday stayed pretty windy but not to the point you couldn't ride. Tracks in the sand were gone after about an hour. There were mayby about 5 trailers out total. Sand was smooth as can be and not a track on the backside of the dunes. Wednesday the wind stopped and it warmed up to the high 60's. Nobody out and still cutting fresh tracks through the dunes. Does it get any better. I pulled out this morning as the wind was picking back up. There is still basically no tracks in the dunes and nobody out. The road in was in really good shape. I was able to do 25-30 with a 40 foot fifth wheel with no problems and could have gone faster if I had wanted to.

Everybody heading out for Superbowl weekend will have some great conditions for riding. Have fun and ride safe. :DDRrocks:

Edited by WoofersInc

Don't ya just love when all your damn trailer tires decide to crap out about the same time? :blah: I know the feeling. Sorry to hear about that. :blah:

I'm glad to hear the dunes are nice and smooth from that wind. It should make for a kickazz ride on Saturday! :blah: yiah

What no pics at all though?

Thanks for sharin, Gary. :DDRrocks: