camera shopping...again

dunefreak

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that thing is badass Pete! Cant wait to see the pics it takes! Congrats! :thumb:

As far as canon cameras people, NOT A BIG FAN! I have a SD30 I believe it is. Maybe its just the one I have, but its been broke more than the stupid thing works. Get 1 spec of sand in it, and its broke. :headbang1:

Think id like to look into the one Pete & Cole has. Gets sand in it and you can just dunk it in water.

Edited by Sincity_blondie

Thanks guys! I am like a kid on Christmas right now. :thumb:

I've been sitting here messing around with it since I got home checking out all the functions and stuff.

OGP, that was the protective cover it came in! :lol: :lol:

Bert, no it doesn't do video. It only takes badass pics. lol

Vegas Style, I have 177 gigs left on my pc. I should be good for a while :headbang1: (thanks to b370)

Rob, thanks for all the help. I listened to everything you had to say and already got the backpack, UV filter, clear bra'd the screen, etc. :woo_hoo::thumb:

post-3-1234163054_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234163079_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234163296_thumb.jpg

that thing is badass Pete! Cant wait to see the pics it takes! Congrats! :thumb:

As far as canon cameras people, NOT A BIG FAN! I have a SD30 I believe it is. Maybe its just the one I have, but its been broke more than the stupid thing works. Get 1 spec of sand in it, and its broke. :thumb:

Think id like to look into the one Pete & Cole has. Gets sand in it and you can just dunk it in water.

SD30? How old is that thing? :headbang1: My last Canon SD (Powershot) was the SD1100. It took awesome pics, but the lense mechanism broke about 4 times either because the sand or from the bouncing around in my pocket I guess. That's why I bought the Oympus shockproof/ waterproof/ drunkproof camera. It is super durable mostly because it has a fixed lense. (no moving parts) It's just time to step it up so I can get some great pics with a good quality camera like this one. I have always been into photography but never really had the camera for it. Not anymore. I'm stoked. I wanna go snap pics of all kinds of chit right now. :hatdance: :woo_hoo:

SD30? How old is that thing? :thumb: My last Canon SD (Powershot) was the SD1100. It took awesome pics, but the lense mechanism broke about 4 times either because the sand or from the bouncing around in my pocket I guess. That's why I bought the Oympus shockproof/ waterproof/ drunkproof camera. It is super durable mostly because it has a fixed lense. (no moving parts) It's just time to step it up so I can get some great pics with a good quality camera like this one. I have always been into photography but never really had the camera for it. Not anymore. I'm stoked. I wanna go snap pics of all kinds of chit right now. :hatdance: :headbang1:

Its not that old. I bought it a few seasons ago on ebay from a dealer. Looked like a good camera at the time, just not dune worthy for sure! :woo_hoo:

Sounds like your going to need a part time job to pay for this bad boy :ah: ..I know that bar mitzuahs,wedding and kid's birthday partys pay pretty well, and you'll get a lot of camera time in :thumb:

:headbang1: well it's paid for so no worries there. I got a smokin deal.

Looks great Pete :MBdance:

so i guess we will see even better pics from you ?!?

we have a older but very reliable FinePix S4 Pro.... i just checked the counter; she made just over 13000 pics already :booty: ... and never had a single issue...

WOO HOO!

:dance: :MBdance: WELL, I GOT IT!!!!

I'm super stoked! Got a killer deal on this bad boy today. Just got home with it.

It's the Canon EOS 50D with the 28-135 lense...just what I wanted! It's baaaaadass! :beercheers:

I'm so damn nervous though. This thing is way too nice to be in my hands. :clown: :70: Rule #1: I'm not even gonna touch this thing if I've been drinking. :no_no: :70:

I'm going out right now to check out and maybe pick up a memory card, screen protector, UV filter/ lense protector for it before I even use it.

Here's some pics of the camera.

Pete, if you haven't got a screen protector yet go to a camera store and look at the "Giotto" SP 8300 Schott glass protector, glass anti- reflective multi coated. I don't know of anything better, or how this 1 could be improved. If you have any ? I m ight be able to help, shot at least 25,000 with the 40D. Costco has the SanDisk Ultra II CF 4GB cards at a good price, I have 1 but it's slower than the Lexar Professional 4GB card when you shoot hi-speed burst rate with 20-30 frames and pause, it will take a second or 2 to finish the write with the SanDisk. It might be a 80x speed, the Lexar I have is 133x speed. Just another 1 of the 1000 things that are hi-tech baggage.

OOPS, I need to read the whole thread before I post.

Edited by RUn2it

One suggestion is to pick up something to carry it in if you go out in the dunes with it.

I picked up a back pack at Best Buy and it works great. Has individual compartments for your accesories and you can adjust the compartments because they are velcro ends so whatever lens you have, you can move them.

It keeps the elements(sand) out. has a little loop at the top that I just hang on my handle bars of my quad, if I see a photo opportunity.

post-14-1234151073_thumb.jpg

post-14-1234151157_thumb.jpg

And then if I go to a party or event like the sand car show, I just carry it in this shoulder holster. Little lighter then the backpack for an all day event.

post-14-1234151318_thumb.jpg

Have the same Lowepro I think, holds the body with the 70-200 attached, flash in the top front, 1.4x tele-con in the bottom front compartment. Hang the 70-200 case on the side for the unused lens. Has the straps to make it a chest pack so you can have a backpack also, safari style. Has a onboard rain cover too. Is this the same as yours 80grit?

Pete, if you haven't got a screen protector yet go to a camera store and look at the "Giotto" SP 8300 Schott glass protector, glass anti- reflective multi coated. I don't know of anything better, or how this 1 could be improved. If you have any ? I m ight be able to help, shot at least 25,000 with the 40D. Costco has the SanDisk Ultra II CF 4GB cards at a good price, I have 1 but it's slower than the Lexar Professional 4GB card when you shoot hi-speed burst rate with 20-30 frames and pause, it will take a second or 2 to finish the write with the SanDisk. It might be a 80x speed, the Lexar I have is 133x speed. Just another 1 of the 1000 things that are hi-tech baggage.

Hey Lee. Read post #54. I think you may have missed it. :beercheers:

Anyways, I already got some screen protectors that seem pretty decent. That was one of the first things I did was put those on those brand new screens.

As for the card, I got the Extreme III SanDisk 8 GB. It is the 30MB/s/ 200x. I think it was like 70 bucks on sale. They are normally like $120.00.

that thing is badass Pete! Cant wait to see the pics it takes! Congrats! :beercheers:

As far as canon cameras people, NOT A BIG FAN! I have a SD30 I believe it is. Maybe its just the one I have, but its been broke more than the stupid thing works. Get 1 spec of sand in it, and its broke. :70:

Is it a 30D? Starting with the 40D they added seals to everything to keep out the elements. Was at the Parker 425 this weekend taking pics in pouring rain, no problems YET..... :dance:

Hey Lee. Read post #54. I think you may have missed it. :beercheers:

Anyways, I already got some screen protectors that seem pretty decent. That was one of the first things I did was put those on those brand new screens.

As for the card, I got the Extreme III SanDisk 8 GB. It is the 30MB/s/ 200x. I think it was like 70 bucks on sale. They are normally like $120.00.

Hey, good deal with the card, they get faster and more capacity all the time. If you are really into it put some of the sticky backed clear plastic on the top screen too, it's plastic and the sand will tear it up. They make an eyecup extension I want to get, you notice your nose getting friendly with the back screen?

Hey, good deal with the card, they get faster and more capacity all the time. If you are really into it put some of the sticky backed clear plastic on the top screen too, it's plastic and the sand will tear it up. They make an eyecup extension I want to get, you notice your nose getting friendly with the back screen?

:beercheers: ...already did that with the top screen as well...covered it as well. ;)

And yes, I already found that out with the eyecup and nose in the screen. :70: I kept trying to pull that thing out farther. Seems like it should slide out some. :dance:

Have the same Lowepro I think, holds the body with the 70-200 attached, flash in the top front, 1.4x tele-con in the bottom front compartment. Hang the 70-200 case on the side for the unused lens. Has the straps to make it a chest pack so you can have a backpack also, safari style. Has a onboard rain cover too. Is this the same as yours 80grit?

Same one Lee.

Lee.. In the gallery section of DDR they have members albums. Make up an album so you can show off some of your shots :) Lets see some of the race shots :beercheers:

:dance: ...already did that with the top screen as well...covered it as well. ;)

And yes, I already found that out with the eyecup and nose in the screen. :MBdance: I kept trying to pull that thing out farther. Seems like it should slide out some. :70:

The eyecup slides up to remove (look at the book to be sure but you have to spread each side at the bottom to slide it up, and there's stuff for downloading at Canon too) but doesn't slide out. I read somewhere that there's a extended eyecup or an extension for the OEM eyecup but I seem to forget about it as soon as I wipe the screen off :70: Hey, thanks for reminding me, I'll check it out right now :beercheers:

The eyecup slides up to remove (look at the book to be sure but you have to spread each side at the bottom to slide it up, and there's stuff for downloading at Canon too) but doesn't slide out. I read somewhere that there's a extended eyecup or an extension for the OEM eyecup but I seem to forget about it as soon as I wipe the screen off :dance: Hey, thanks for reminding me, I'll check it out right now :beercheers:

This is the one I have.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5478...e_Extender.html

that what i menat to say.....i lost my cable..i got caught up reading the article

do you think I'm just throwing my Olympus in the trash now or what? :laughing:

I will still have that camera in my pocket at all times for my dune camera. Nothings changing there so I still need my cable. :dunno: