Presidents weekend report

sandtoys0@yahoo.com

Just got in a little bit ago.. yep the road out was wayyy better then it was going in!

AWESOME weekend!!

a couple of observations....

Thursday morning 7am quads rides are lonely but freaking awesome for making new fresh tracks! Had a nice little run to the northpole to take some pics before the dunes got all tore up :beercheers::beercheers:

Maryokee on Sunday night was :banghead:

Who wants to get rolled up in a sheet?? :lol:

Hotdog fights with a slingshot are funny for the first 5mins only... :beerpint::blink::dope:

I FINALLY hit 4th gear on some kick a$$ Malibu led runs! :yiah:

Paul Robs new hairdo!! :banghead:

:no_no: DO NOT OPEN SOMEONES BACK DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!! :blink::finger: :rant_on: They come out swinging shovels.... But the retailiation the next evening was kinda :lol::dayum::lol:

Thursday and Friday duning the quad from 7 am (with a quick stop for lunch) til 4pm makes one sore very very sore.. But not to sore to ride again most of Sat!! :censored::pissed:

Had noooo problem taking a break on Sunday to watch the Daytona!! :blury: :hatdance: Thank you to all who assisted in one way shape or form to get that set up right (what a pain) Thanks Mike for spending some precious dune time to set it up for me!! :wub: :hug:

Thanks to NicoleinVegas, KR350, Dune Smurf, SinCityBlondie and Nick (whatever your screen name is :censored: ) for all the scrumptious Pizzazz food!! :dayum:

DirtPrincess leads the best ever 4th gear dune runs in the Razor! Even got up in the bigger dunes!! And so far it is still the best dune run I have been on on my quad!! :headbang1:

Running into sandunesaddict in the DuneTracker and falling in line behind him was awesome, he can really tear up the dunes with that!! :yiah:

Monkies Valentine Day monkie socks :duniemonkie:

Met TylertheHucker :unsure: He's a funny guy that like to fall in the wood pile!! :lol:

Watching the guys climb the new NorthPole :censored: .. which was up again this morning when I was there...

Taking one more quiet soul searching ride this morning before we left... :D sitting there up on a tall dune, just looking out over Dumont..helmet off...breathing in that air..I sat there for prob 15 mins just taking it all in, before people started to buzz around me..those 15 mins made everything else in life worthwhile!! :grin:

Also was impressed that I had several peeps stop and ask if I was ok.. :D

Pics to follow...I think there maybe more that I might be missing...but I am pooped!!

Great time, great friends, great dunes, almost perfect weather, my quad ran all weekend...guess that makes for a PERFECT dune trip!! :grin:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures to follow!

Went out Monday Feb. 9. The road in was the worst I had ever seen in many years. 5 to 7 miles an hours at best. Camped right across from the camp host with MDTHLFA and others. Great trip. It was rough on the dunes after the recent rains. Crowd was down. Vendors were definately not happy with the turn out. Called DF and rubbed it in that I was there and he wasn't yet. He called me lots of names on the phone. Sore sport :unsure: !!!!!!

Great camp, 8 of us, lots of fun! Road great on the way out today! Snow over Potisi pass today on the way home, not sticking yet thank gawd! No visitors at our camp and forgot the meet and greet again. Must have been riding. Oh well. tried to find other DDR members and no luck!!!

For those that didn't make it out thts weekend, sorry bout that!!!!!

* days, soesn't get any better!!!

Edited by SANDAWG

Some pics....

Thursday morning ride....

post-2396-1234835183_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835214_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835237_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835265_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835297_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835329_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835357_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835401_thumb.jpg

A few more ride pics....

post-2396-1234835461_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835607_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835639_thumb.jpg

These guys had some great tunes playing at the North Pole, did some good jumps, but didn't get any jump shots..

post-2396-1234836077_thumb.jpg

I dont have a clue who this is, but I was having fun watching them jump and tear up some dunes!! :unsure:

post-2396-1234835499_thumb.jpg

Climbing the other NorthPole

post-2396-1234835828_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1234835860_thumb.jpg

OOOOPPPSS!!!! :beercheers::headbang1: always tighten those lugnuts and check them...this coulda been wayyy worse then it was!! :beercheers:

post-2396-1234835945_thumb.jpg

Edited by sand chick

:beercheers: It was great. Besides my brother in law spining around his toyhauler and truck on the backside of Pahrump pass (damn ice packed roads) :ah: and destroying his bed of the truck he still made it out to make the best of it. The R1 Rhino was a hit. That thing hauls balls and is a kick in the a$$ to drive. Its not even a "Rhino" anymore. Smoked the clutch in it, which I believe was on its way out anyway, but oh well. Off to the shop. :unsure::beercheers:

Quick Question, why the front paddles if you don't have the front wheel drive portion of the 4 wheel drive? :headbang1:

Just got in a little bit ago.. yep the road out was wayyy better then it was going in!

AWESOME weekend!!

a couple of observations....

Thursday morning 7am quads rides are lonely but freaking awesome for making new fresh tracks! Had a nice little run to the northpole to take some pics before the dunes got all tore up :beercheers::beercheers:

Maryokee on Sunday night was :banghead:

Who wants to get rolled up in a sheet?? :lol:

Hotdog fights with a slingshot are funny for the first 5mins only... :beerpint::blink::dope:

I FINALLY hit 4th gear on some kick a$$ Malibu led runs! :yiah:

Paul Robs new hairdo!! :banghead:

:no_no: DO NOT OPEN SOMEONES BACK DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!! :blink::finger: :rant_on: They come out swinging shovels.... But the retailiation the next evening was kinda :lol::dayum::lol:

Thursday and Friday duning the quad from 7 am (with a quick stop for lunch) til 4pm makes one sore very very sore.. But not to sore to ride again most of Sat!! :censored::pissed:

Had noooo problem taking a break on Sunday to watch the Daytona!! :blury: :hatdance: Thank you to all who assisted in one way shape or form to get that set up right (what a pain) Thanks Mike for spending some precious dune time to set it up for me!! :wub: :hug:

Thanks to NicoleinVegas, KR350, Dune Smurf, SinCityBlondie and Nick (whatever your screen name is :censored: ) for all the scrumptious Pizzazz food!! :dayum:

DirtPrincess leads the best ever 4th gear dune runs in the Razor! Even got up in the bigger dunes!! And so far it is still the best dune run I have been on on my quad!! :headbang1:

Running into sandunesaddict in the DuneTracker and falling in line behind him was awesome, he can really tear up the dunes with that!! :yiah:

Monkies Valentine Day monkie socks :duniemonkie:

Met TylertheHucker :unsure: He's a funny guy that like to fall in the wood pile!! :lol:

Watching the guys climb the new NorthPole :censored: .. which was up again this morning when I was there...

Taking one more quiet soul searching ride this morning before we left... :D sitting there up on a tall dune, just looking out over Dumont..helmet off...breathing in that air..I sat there for prob 15 mins just taking it all in, before people started to buzz around me..those 15 mins made everything else in life worthwhile!! :grin:

Also was impressed that I had several peeps stop and ask if I was ok.. :D

Pics to follow...I think there maybe more that I might be missing...but I am pooped!!

Great time, great friends, great dunes, almost perfect weather, my quad ran all weekend...guess that makes for a PERFECT dune trip!! :grin:

You forgot to mention the sand and ice run we had on the way back from the north pole through the dunes. That was crazy but fun. Jodi and my son both rode geat this weekend and definetly steped up their games. Had a blast following Bert. That thing rocks. Our camp was great. Always a good time. Didn't make it to comp once and I don't think I missed a thing. There were great lines this trip that made leading runs easy. Cory was stoked to have a trailer of his own. Stacy atleast went on one good ride. She rides good for a dune midget. LOL. Thanks for those of you that helped me get my car back in the sand. Especially Richie for giving me the parts I needed, welding it up. You truly saved my dune trip. It was good to see Jeff Chapman out there, he needs to get out to the D more often. Can't wait to go out again

Edited by malibu vlx

says a friggen ALLOT about this car! from what I hear it did, and only did this damage, and it DROVE OFF from what I hear!

Tim and I were the first there.

The car only had tin damage.The roof,wing and intercooler scoop.Broke the whip also and dulled the paint.

The crash was slow motion as it tumbled down the hill so no real hard hits but it is still a strong a$$ car. :unsure::beercheers: Its a SU prerunner series.

Landed on all 4's and no tires debeaded

I stopped by their camp later that day and asked how they were doing.

They were duct taping the whip together to go ride somemore.

They guy that got hurt was doing alot better just had a bad headache and mild concussion

Sounds like everyone had fun! We went to Dumont yesterday just for a day trip. Blue Steel had to work on Saturday and today (which sucks because it's his b-day today).

Happy Birthday Blue Steel! :beercheers:

Anyway, we took the Rhino. It ran great. We went all over the dunes! We had fun with our friends Joe & Brian. Thanks to the Millers for letting us hang out at their camp! They were next to the rail that rolled. Amazing how good it looked after that! :unsure:

Vendor row had some new vendors. We didn't pack a lunch - was nice to just eat there! Talked to some guy who had a scanner and heard all the action going on. The BLM was looking for Rhino that handed off a Dumont pass to a vehicle. We saw someone doing that as we were leaving - right in front of the BLM! :beercheers:

It would have been a perfect day, if I hadn't come down with the flu. :headbang1: Slept part of the day in the truck. Then, it took us almost 3 hours to get home because of an accident on the 15 North before stateline.

I had a great weekend! I do have to thank Crusty for having a spare battery so I could continue to have a great time when my 18 month old odessy battery took a dump in camp. I thought I was a pretty fast leader but my hat's off to Randog and Pete. On a couple of those rides I was moving as fast or faster than I ever have in all the years that I have been duning. It was a friggin blast and I can't thank you guys enough for having the nads to lead those kind of tours!!

Other than that the rain on Friday night which was a wee bit of a pain but it passed quickly and Sat was a great day. I was out of there about 2 PM on Sunday and the road was an A+. Going in on Thursay I was right behind the grader and I would have to say it was a A-B. Hope everyone had fun I know I did!

:ynot::randog::DDRrocks::yiah:

Dumont was Awesome again.

Thanks to Vegas style for reservin' our spot. Ya did good. :thumb:

Great camp again. cool peeps everywhere foe schizzzz. :thumb: :hungry:

Heck Yeah Terry, Between you, Loub, dunefreak, and I, We led some killer runs. :driver::driver::driver::driver:

Everyone was runnin' great this trip. :clap::clap:

Got to dune with Barefoot bob. He jumped with us in the middle of one of our rides. :beercheers::driver::driver::driver:

Wow, lots of fast cars out there at the hill. :rockwoot:

Lots of car runs, 70s in camp, but didn't even get out on the qWad all weekend. :banghead:

Special Thanks to painterjoe for pushing all the liquor on us all weekend. :drunk2: :laughing::blury::headbang1: Jager bombs all weekend. :beerpint::beerpint:

Oreo poker again in dunefreak and duniemonkie's hauler. :laughoff::laughoff:

Woody found a new way to eat and drink at the same time. :lol: Eatin' beer soaked Oreos. :lol::lol: Yuck.

Pete said his paddle tire was only flat on the bottom. :laughing::DDRrocks:

Urckel's Buckshot ran great thanks to crusty, but had some chassis issues. :undecided:

I know you and Karen still had a blast though. :thumb:

Just gotta work out the bugs there buddy.

Mega Thanks to "Smokin' Al's" for the grub. :ynot:

Killer stuff Al. Awesome set-up there bud. :thumb:

Lookin' forward to grubbin' at the 70 Ragatta.

I got a few pics I'll look through. hopefully some decent ones. Had it on macro most the time. :coocoo:

It was great to see everyone again. :foshizz: :beercheers::beercheers:

R-

:randog:

Crowd was down. Vendors were definately not happy with the turn out.

:?: Are you sure you were at DUMONT? :hungry: Every vendor I talked to was pleased. Many of the food vendor sold out too. Crowds were pretty decnt all weekend, especially for having some clouds and rain on Fri. :beercheers:

Anyways, my weekend went great as well. Got out late Fri night due to the damn pass being closed down at Potisi. Did some tricks and turned all 62 feet of sh*t around on a 2 lane road. :headbang1: That was interesting.

Ynot & Randog already pretty touched on the good times: fast buggy runs, Oreo poker, blasting the 70's around camp and visiting a couple others, etc etc. It was great having bpguy with us for his one trip a year to D. We never really ran together, but had some good times around the fire and smudge pots. :undecided::ynot:

I had alot of fun with the new camera this weekend. Sunday I went out on the quad with it in my camera backpack to all the hot spots and took some sweet pics. I was gone for about 2 hours. Everyone in camp thought I was still sleeping. :beercheers: It was great chattin with Lee (RuN2it :rockwoot: ) :beercheers: He gave me some great pointers for the new camera. He also saved my a$$ and helped me get my buggy tire to hold air. Damn sand must have got in the bead from those runs. Not sure where the hell I would have gotten sand from, but oh well. lol

I stayed until Moday afternoon. I was suprised how many people were still there. I just cruised around on the qaud, took more pics and hung out and chatted with Loose Screws and Sandcrazd a bit before leaving. I saw Joe Duner was still out there with the family and stopped for a few minutes to say hi too.

The weather was great all weekend I thought. I got there after the Fri rain. Sat was no clouds at all and sunny. Sunday was super overcast but no rain, then Monday was overcast again and a tiny bit of rain drizzle around 1 or 2 PM. No wind though all weekend and that was a GOOD thing.

All in all: GREAT weekend.

Great people, no major mishaps, good times! :DDRrocks:

tons of pictures to come...

Pres day was one of my best trips so far. camped with some great peeps and met a bunch too.

going up the 160 at about 7:30 friday night was insane. :undecided: i guess they closed it just after we made it through. but holy :poop: . there were little cars stuck everywhere. i had to drive on the wrong side of the road for at least 3 miles at one point to make it past everybody that was all cockeyed in the road. insane. Then on the way down i saw a few big 5th wheels lock up their trailer brakes and tokyo drift all over the place. that was pretty nerve racking :ah:

the dunes were good, lots of lines to chose from. Went on a few night rides, had a blast and didnt get hurt at all :beercheers:

crazy bumpin strobe light beerpong table made for some interesting games. :DDRrocks:

...so did beerpong in 400mph winds. :rockwoot:

i found out what a pazzaz or however you spell it is after a 2 hour discussion with sand chick. :hungry:

that was pretty tasty though :headbang1:

opening trailers a little too late at night made for some crazy shovel dodging :ah:

big gigantic logs in the middle of camp are dangerous :beercheers:

horseshoes are really hard to play with boots on

having your paddles on backwards causes for some problems on comp :laughing:

the meet and greet looked pretty busy. it was the first one i went to and was pretty cool :ynot:

didnt hit smokin al's but beefyboys was pretty good.

the 6lb burrito was GIGANTIC :ah: i dont even think it was humanly possible to eat the whole thing. by 40 mins, the guy who had went the farthest was only about 3/4th the way. :beercheers:

vendor row was pretty busy. i had to get out of there before i went broke!

nobody in our camp had a 70.. thank god. haha

and lastly, a hot pink rhino is in my future for sure. :blonde: :laughing:

There was atleast one. It was running around quite a bit. LOL

Yeah I had 2 :beercheers::beercheers: of them LOL :DDRrocks: course I think Dylan ran it more than I did, until I got nervous about him trying to master the whole two wheel thing, and no not the back two... he had a great time though!!!! :ynot: :hungry: