Presidents weekend report

sandtoys0@yahoo.com

I had alot of fun with the new camera this weekend. Sunday I went out on the quad with it in my camera backpack to all the hot spots and took some sweet pics. I was gone for about 2 hours. Everyone in camp thought I was still sleeping. :ynot: It was great chattin with Lee (RuN2it :beercheers: ) :hungry: He gave me some great pointers for the new camera. He also saved my a$$ and helped me get my buggy tire to hold air. Damn sand must have got in the bead from those runs. Not sure where the hell I would have gotten sand from, but oh well. lol

Great people, no major mishaps, good times! :DDRrocks:

tons of pictures to come...

hey man thanks for comin out and takin pictures

i was the dude on the white bike hittin that one jump

id have to say that ive never done any jumps that big till this weekend

alot of people hittin huge gaps and tabletops makin it look easy

then i got my 12 y/o cousin and my bro who just started ridin a bike 4 trips ago...both either just as good or better than me :headbang1::beercheers: im like dayumn did they grow some nuts over night?

rode non stop sunday with 3 15 minutes breaks in between so im sore :beercheers:

great weekend gotta get some stuff fixed on my bike

i know this isnt the place but might as well kill 2 birds with one stone

my crf 450 is now havin problems startin hot or cold...used to start up one kick.

no loss in power runs fine when started

jets or valves??

on top of that the weld broke on my pro circuit pipe :undecided:

anyone know if pro circuit will fix it up?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man thanks for comin out and takin pictures

i was the dude on the white bike hittin that one jump

id have to say that ive never done any jumps that big till this weekend

alot of people hittin huge gaps and tabletops makin it look easy

then i got my 12 y/o cousin and my bro who just started ridin a bike 4 trips ago...both either just as good or better than me :beercheers::ynot: im like dayumn did they grow some nuts over night?

No prob bud. I'm glad to have caught you guys. I got some pretty good shots. Give me some time and I'll get em all up. I have tons! I wish I had my 2 wheeler....looked like fun! :DDRrocks: You guys were doing pretty damn good. :D

BTW: much props to you guys for having such good spotters and being so smart when jumping! :hungry:

There was atleast one. It was running around quite a bit. LOL

hmmm i didnt see it? :hungry: at least not at night

the only one i saw was dunefreak rolling up on saturday night at like 1am doing wheelies or something? :beercheers: lmao

ps: good meeting you mike. your car/the green neons were badass. :DDRrocks: what was up with leaving the hood up on your truck all weekend? :ynot:

What a great weekend, the weatherman was way off. Got out after dark Friday, snowing in Barstow when we left. Had a good night playing poker with everyone. Recovered on Sat, was a great day, nice warm and sunny. Al's is great, ate there like 3 times. Got up early Sunday and went to get some pics, did some geo-cacheing, got on the road back home about 3pm and it was packed. Stop and go forever and 5mph. Glad that frontage road is half way home.... Goodtimes everyone, see ya in a couple weeks..SF Woody :DDRrocks:

PrezWknd090215053.jpg

PrezWknd090215054.jpg

PrezWknd090215057.jpg

PrezWknd090215063.jpg

PrezWknd090215064.jpg

PrezWknd090215073.jpg

PrezWknd090215098.jpg

PrezWknd090215140.jpg

PrezWknd090215146.jpg

PrezWknd090215156.jpg

PrezWknd090215189.jpg

PrezWknd090215199.jpg

PrezWknd090215209.jpg

PrezWknd090215212.jpg

PrezWknd090215220.jpg

PrezWknd090215218.jpg

PrezWknd090215221.jpg

PrezWknd090215222.jpg

PrezWknd090215231.jpg

Edited by wsky70

Hey that's me on the orange quad. Third pic down!

I parked my quad right in front of you.. thats the black and green one in the pic as well.... Next time just say :hungry: :beercheers: thats what the meet and greets are for :beercheers:

I think I may even have a better one then that since you were parked next to the rhino with the green flames... (its a GREEN thing :DDRrocks: ) I will look through my files for you... or I will put my pics in the gallery :ynot: and you can steel it from there!! :beercheers:

HERE ARE THE SANDRAILS THAT WERE IN OUR CAMP THIS WEEKEND. :hungry:

post-2124-1234918291_thumb.jpgpost-2124-1234918379_thumb.jpgpost-2124-1234918471_thumb.jpg

WE EVEN BROUGHT OUR 2 AFRICAN GRAY PARROTS TO DUMONT. :ynot:

THE ONLY DAMAGE I HAD THIS WEEKEND WAS MY HEIM JOINT BROKE ON MY STEERING BOX

BUT WAS TEMP FIXED BY USING A HARDENED EYE BOLT. WOOHOO. :DDRrocks:

PAT IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU AND BOB AND EVERYONE ONE THIS WEEKEND. :beercheers:

post-2124-1234919294_thumb.jpg

What a great weekend. Took 6 hours to get there and 8 to get home. Didn't do any riding the first night, just drank and hung out. Did a lot of riding Sat and Sun. Met a few new people from here and alot of regulars. It gets easier after a few times of seeing you all to remember who is who.

I took very few pictures this time. My video camera didn't do good at all due to the fact that I brought crap batteries with me. Great time none the less.

My friend from work had a great time and it was his first time out there. I think he will be back too.

Here's my pictures---

post-1872-1234919971_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920020_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920040_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920079_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920100_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920132_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920158_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920189_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920233_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920270_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920372_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1234920390_thumb.jpg

Edited by bp-guy

OOOOPPPSS!!!! :beercheers::beercheers: always tighten those lugnuts and check them...this coulda been wayyy worse then it was!! :ynot:

post-2396-1234835945_thumb.jpg

Oddly this happened to my husbands quad as well. Same tire and all. It happened 3 times to be exact.

We ran out of nuts.

So you are saying your husband doesn't have any .....nevermind :hungry: :clown: If your wheels are aluminum use flanged nuts with flat washers, without the flat washers you can extrude (mash) the aluminum onto the wheel studs. Do not use flanged nuts that have the small raised bumps on the mating surface that touches the wheel without flat washers, the vibration and use will cause the bumps to wear and make indentations in the aluminum and in doing so relieves the pressure of the nut against the wheel and then the wheel hole gets elongated from the now loose nuts. Don't use the conical (tapered shape) nuts on aluminum wheels that dont have the insert for them. I've seen stock conical nuts put on a new set of Douglas wheels and when tightened just the point of the nut mashes the aluminum onto the stud so hard that you can ruin the wheel trying to remove it. And just because a shop installs them don't assume they aren't retarded, my friends shop mechanic had his MX bike blow up 3 times, the cylinder nuts would loosen so I looked at the cylinder and saw the nut mating area gouged and then found the nuts were the lock type (bumps) for wheels, and MUST use steel flat washers on aluminum wheels. The original nuts were grungy and the wheel nuts were new and shiny. :DDRrocks:

I am glad every one had a blast to bad i couldn't make :hungry: it :ynot: ...all of my buddies backed down & then i had my brother a dentist come over to put on my braces,so it was too late to make it :beercheers: but shears to everybody that made it out :DDRrocks:

We had a great time and enjoyed meeting some of you at the South Pole on Saturday. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 cars went home broken. I snapped a torsion housing and had to get some help from some neighbors and some firewood to get me out!

012-2.jpg

Hope to see you guys next time out!!

I had a fantastic weekend. Camp was great. Late night attacks on my hauler werent so fun. Swinging a shovel at someone was!! And paybacks were great.

I didnt hear of any accidents over the weekend, anyone else? I thought it was really great not to see the flight for life all weekend!

great weekend. got to jump in the run with randy and the boys yeeeee haaaa scared capt sensless :beercheers: car ran great with those 35.5s had a ball. didnt take a single pic.

killer jumping over at talledega tony was rockin that jump :ah: hopefully he gives bp some pics.

great seeing everyone again, we were all off schedual this year :bs:

pete lead a good ride it was funy to see 4 of us so far up each others tail if pete would have stopped he would have had a foursome up his busa pipe :bs:

lou led a hair raiser of a ride i loved it capt........ not so much :grin:

great to see terry again

ogp didnt bring his car again :(

my wife thought i was running for govenor trying to talk to everyone i hadnt seen in a while it was great. i missed you mugs......

had to leave early sunday do to the lack of breakfast :grin:

had to get to bobs big boy to get my routine straightend out and get breakfast . :rant_on:

short weekend but awsome non the less

sucks capt didnt have a car

see ya easter if im lucky :banghead:

We had a great time and enjoyed meeting some of you at the South Pole on Saturday. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 cars went home broken. I snapped a torsion housing and had to get some help from some neighbors and some firewood to get me out!

012-2.jpg

Hope to see you guys next time out!!

Did the firewood go to the Meet & greet with you?

post-1632-1234948560_thumb.jpg

here's a couple more....

normal_IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

normal_IMG_1225~0.JPG

and from my other camera...

chillen Fri night

normal_P2130192.JPG

then that turned into cookie poker. Lots of poker chips ahoys were flyin

normal_P2130206.JPG

normal_P2130194.JPG

normal_P2130204.JPG

normal_P2130209.JPG

normal_P2130213.JPG

dayum, dog looks like he's taken this hand serious :lol:

normal_P2130208.JPG

:grin::bs::bs::bs::beat::beat:

normal_P2130214.JPG

taken a break on a buggy run

normal_P2140231.JPG

couple buggies at comp

normal_P2140233.JPG

normal_P2140234.JPG

dead-sexy, Bob. Dead sexy I tell ya. :banghead:

normal_P2140244.JPG

normal_P2140246.JPG

chillen at comp around 11pm- party crowd was gone and it was pretty quiet.

normal_P2140253.JPG

:grin::beercheers:

normal_P2150255.JPG

Crusty & Stu hookin Eric's ride back up. These guys are the chit. Way to go guys. :beat:

normal_P2150266.JPG

normal_P2150268.JPG

normal_P2150270.JPG

Donnie, Lou, me, and Stu after going on a bitchen run on Sunday.

normal_P2150272.JPG

Check this out. I was on top of comp on the left to get pics of duners going up and across comp like this pic

post-1632-1234980146_thumb.jpg

then I see this fly up and over from the steep backside thinking it was a LT car, it took a couple seconds to resolve the conflict of my brain thinking LT car but my eyes seeing a truck but look closer (click it) that's a clean disguise, and it made that climb without paddles.

post-1632-1234980948_thumb.jpg