STOLEN 2003 Chevy silverado 2500hd, Duramax, Lift, 20's, White....in Henderson, NV

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats where its gonna be taking to, now i dont get something the insurance lady wants to do an estimate on repairs...wouldnt henderson chevy do that? is she trying to fk me out of even more money?

Both your ins company & the body shop will do an estimate. When you bring it to the body shop they will submit their estimate to the insurance company for a supplement if there is anything above and beyond the ins company's estimate. Don't worry, the body shop handles all of that mess. ;)

Well its on its way to henderson chevy or its there already

Heres some pics, both door locks punched :headbang1: , steering column all f*cked up, deck stolen, subs stolen, some damage to both fender flares and inner fenders on the front, both batteries are dead cause they left it in the run position, they tried to steal my edge programmer but couldn't get it out. wheel lock key was laying on the floor with all the sh*t from the glove box so i am guessing they didnt see it or know what its for cause the rims are still on it :headbang1:

Insurance says they will cover the stereo and stuff if i have receipts which shocked the hell out of me seeing how they didnt want to cover it before :?: :headbang1:

all in all it could of been a lot worse

post-4972-1235677806_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235677825_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678227_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678394_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678419_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678698_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678772_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678822_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678845_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678866_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235678892_thumb.jpg

post-4972-1235679004_thumb.jpg

glad you found your truck

pertinent story here.

back in 1989... I was hit by a drunk driver...it totalled my volkwagen jetta, which i bought brand new 2 years prior. i was still making payments on it, BUT I owed less than 3k on it as i was making double payments every month (i was making good cash as a part owner of a mobile car wash)

at the time...kbb low blue book was 13 K...my fuggin insurance co called the bank to see what i owed, then deducted my 1000 dollar deductable...and called me with a settlement for 2000 dollars :laughing:

i asked them where they got that number, and they told me my payoff. i said "well, im looking at my contract i signed with you, and it states you will pay mid blue book value for my vehicle if it was totalled" the lady tried to tell me that was not their policy, but payoff minus deductable was....i then said"heres a scenario..what if i owed more than my car was worth, would you go by KBB then?" and she danced around the question :loser:

anyway..i told them i wasnt going to accept the offer. My mom was a notary public, and i had her draft a letter, which i sent to the ins co asking for middle blue book. i gave them 10 business days to comply, or do nothing at all. they chose the latter, at which time, i contacted the insurance commisioner of the state of CA, and the BBB. within a week, i had a check for full high bluebook...no deductable taken out, for my car

insurance companies want to keep their money..they will try every lowdown scheme in the book....

glad you found your truck

pertinent story here.

back in 1989... I was hit by a drunk driver...it totalled my volkwagen jetta, which i bought brand new 2 years prior. i was still making payments on it, BUT I owed less than 3k on it as i was making double payments every month (i was making good cash as a part owner of a mobile car wash)

at the time...kbb low blue book was 13 K...my fuggin insurance co called the bank to see what i owed, then deducted my 1000 dollar deductable...and called me with a settlement for 2000 dollars :laughing:

i asked them where they got that number, and they told me my payoff. i said "well, im looking at my contract i signed with you, and it states you will pay mid blue book value for my vehicle if it was totalled" the lady tried to tell me that was not their policy, but payoff minus deductable was....i then said"heres a scenario..what if i owed more than my car was worth, would you go by KBB then?" and she danced around the question :beercheers:

anyway..i told them i wasnt going to accept the offer. My mom was a notary public, and i had her draft a letter, which i sent to the ins co asking for middle blue book. i gave them 10 business days to comply, or do nothing at all. they chose the latter, at which time, i contacted the insurance commisioner of the state of CA, and the BBB. within a week, i had a check for full high bluebook...no deductable taken out, for my car

insurance companies want to keep their money..they will try every lowdown scheme in the book....

see thats such bull sh*t, we pay so much each month for insurance and they try to take every last dime you have in the end when you need what you have been paying for! :loser:

Thanks Pete (Dunefreak) for hooking me up at Henderson Chevy! with a little extra something :)

No problem Rodney. I got a set of those Jimmie Jammers from him too to put on my truck. They are good to have. ;)

As for your trans, I told him to make sure the body shop estimator knows to have us check it out when they are done with the other stuff. Jimmy (the tech working on the handles and interior stuff) said he thought he felt it having trouble going into reverse so we will definitley look into it more and make sure the estimator tells your insurance company about whatever it may need if there's a problem.

No problem Rodney. I got a set of those Jimmie Jammers from him too to put on my truck. They are good to have. ;)

As for your trans, I told him to make sure the body shop estimator knows to have us check it out when they are done with the other stuff. Jimmy (the tech working on the handles and interior stuff) said he thought he felt it having trouble going into reverse so we will definitley look into it more and make sure the estimator tells your insurance company about whatever it may need if there's a problem.

:?: yeah please do, if there is ANY signs of problems with the drive train it needs to be fixed, the truck was 100% in that area before it was stolen (i never put it above 3 on the programmer) Hey can you check what number it is on....it was and should still be on 1 (not to sure if the dead batteries would clear it)

O and it was on empty when they stole it so if its more than empty the fuel should be checked (died diesel or gas)

Im sure it will all get checked but i just wanna make sure ya know....

O and PM me on how you want me to pay for the jammers, pay jimmy or you or ?

• 4 weeks later...

NO they are taking 60 bucks off the quoted price of 15000, they did not add 1492 for the wheels (having the 20" KMC's took money away from the truck :?: )

never mind didnt realize there were two pages my baqd :laughing:

Edited by chevell27