SECURITY

~JILL~

"It's better to have and not need, than it is to need and not have"

unfortunately I don't trust our president nor what people are capable of, if and or when the economy takes a turn for the worse.

The only "good" thing our new president has done is armed this country.

Im going to install 2 camera's on the house and wire them up to my spare computer in the garage :D One on the front entry that covers all of the entry and one on the rear of the house that will take care of anyone hoppin the back block wall trying to get in. Might do a 3rd if its feasable on the driveway just in case someone decides to come thru the garage. :D

Only got me a puny lil 12gauge with some heavy buck shot if they decide to come inside while im home :D

Steveo will be headed my direction soon to take care of the noise maker. Motion in the garage and in the living area.. and 2 door sensors one on the front entry and one on the slider in the back.

Once again the home owners is after the fact. Id' like to see them kept out not sit and watch what had already happened while I was gone.

I'm gonna dig a mote and put gators in it!

Jill, never noticed that great picture of the mesocyclone in your avatar.

Guns are all good dogs are good too as well as security cameras that doesn't really help much if your gone. By the time you even find out it's a done deal, right?

Body disposal no problem, got the pig farm accross town or the crusher here at work.

Like b370 says "it's better to have and not need than vice versa" and another one is "a 32 Seecamp on your ankle is better than a .45 Sig in the safe" :beerpint: . And no offense to anyone but dogs that bark at any and everything are ignored by neighbors over time. Female dogs, believe it or not, are the best for a "watch dog" especially if they ever had pups, they're less likely to roam and to neutralize a male dog slick thieves can put a female in heat in the yard. Very few train their dogs to not accept food not in their dish. There was an absolutely vicious red Doberman by where I worked years ago and everyone would walk way around from the fence from the parking lot, I gave him some french fries and we were best friends. Keep your handgun that's not in the safe for home protection in a rig attached to the underside of your bed (exactly where your hand goes when lying in bed)so a thief doesn't see it looking under the bed and shoot you with your own weapon when you surprise him when you get home, and keep your Acetylene torch heads in the safe and line the safe with the ammo cans so if the tard uses a torch he self cleans the gene pool. Doors are really easy to kick in even with 1" dead bolts if you don't have 4" screws through the strike plates and hinges into the frame. The 1st pic shows a bar that's easy to make and use to make the garage side doors or other obscure entry doors kick proof,Pic 2, if U R n 2 it, like I am, lol, you can make the garage door real tough to get through, interlocking sections, top, middle and bottom, secured into the floor and above the door, locked in unreachable location for a bolt cutter. 5/8" thick solid window bars don't hurt either along with stainless steel wire on top of the fence hooked to a horse shocker. If they get by all this there's other things you can do that you don't ever mention to anyone so liability for bodily injury isn't a done deal in court. If a thief sees a gun safe do you think he would still look for a hidden safe area behind a closet or wall cabinets? :DDRrocks:

post-1632-1235586982_thumb.jpg

post-1632-1235587288_thumb.jpg

I got that from my hometown newspaper, it was over the sports complex in northern Minnesota back in July.

I thought it was pretty cool.

I've only seen two of those in my life, one in Denver, and one in Chicago and dont want to see them again.