1st annual 70cc Regatta Report

RAGDOLL MX

here are just a couple of pics from the regatta. good times for sure! Everyone seemed to have a blast, i did only 2 races at the end of the day, we did the beer race relay, Paul Rob was my racing partner..6 laps, 6 beers. on the last race, i hurled half of my last beer..but good times for sure.

:atc:

:think:

post-693-1235933147_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933181_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933207_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933295_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933319_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933364_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933415_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933452_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933498_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933596_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933677_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933704_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933743_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933770_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933803_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933834_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933883_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933942_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235933982_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235934018_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235934071_thumb.jpg

post-693-1235934114_thumb.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good time!! :kitty: I was just there for an overnight run, but had a good time watching it all happen. Here are some of my observations from my short time there........

Watching big boys play on little kid toys is very entertaining to say the least!! :atc:

Chris and Bert are the wheelie kings on 3 and 4 wheelers!!

Having met the majority of you for the 1st time, everyone was really cool peeps!! :lol:

Big Al makes BBQ to write home about!!!! Thanks Al, it was good eatin'!!! :think::lol::thumb:

Cole definitely has a 2nd career as an announcer!!! :clap:

Thanks to NE14SAND, Big Al, and Pete for the hospitality, as well as anyone else I met this weekend!!! All of you ROCK!!

The only pic I took was of Pete during practice on his 70 and it was with my phone.............

post-17-1235938151_thumb.jpg

Can't wait for the next one!!! :lol: :dance: :think:

Guest Crasher

Thanks for the EFFIN PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

:lol:

:lol: :kitty: :poke:

did I miss something here??? I think they are really good pics! :think: What's with all the bs and loser smileys? :lol:

Weird. Anyway, great pics 80Grit. Looks like you guys had a good time! :think:

well this are my observation for the first annual regatta

Pete good job planning the events and laying the track :thumb:

Al's BBQ rocks good eating :think:

I did the beer relay race With cole my son was my parner that was fun I almost lost my last beer but I keep it in

hey brian thanks for the ride in your rail that was fun too bad the steering column came off, may be next time we can make to comp hill :think:

Now I just need to get my own 70 :atc:

see you all for clean up weekend

:kitty: :lol::lol::lol:

well this are my observation for the first annual regatta

Pete good job planning the events and laying the track :thumb:

Al's BBQ rocks good eating :think:

I did the beer relay race With cole my son was my parner that was fun I almost lost my last beer but I keep it in

hey brian thanks for the ride in your rail that was fun too bad the steering column came off, may be next time we can make to comp hill :think:

Now I just need to get my own 70 :atc:

see you all for clean up weekend

:kitty: :lol::lol::lol:

Glad you didnt heave like Cole did. lol

I only managed to get out for a day trip and get some riding in. The festivities were great. Good to see everyone again and meet some new people, even managed to run into an old friend. It was definately good laughs watching all the craziness!

Glad you didnt heave like Cole did. lol

I only managed to get out for a day trip and get some riding in. The festivities were great. Good to see everyone again and meet some new people, even managed to run into an old friend. It was definately good laughs watching all the craziness!

It wasn't easy, I am getting old to be playing drinking games :think:

:think: That was an amazing weekend. I came home with sunburn and burnt hair (hairline, eyebrows, eyelases--an one who doesnt know thats me in the fire pic). Well my hat is off to pete for putting his effort into making this happen and to everyone else who helped...Thanks guys. but what do I have to do to get some pictures

from you guys? if i could get some cds with pics or whatever, even if i have to drive to come pick them up.

To everyone who attended..... :think:

:think: That was an amazing weekend. I came home with sunburn and burnt hair (hairline, eyebrows, eyelases--an one who doesnt know thats me in the fire pic). Well my hat is off to pete for putting his effort into making this happen and to everyone else who helped...Thanks guys. but what do I have to do to get some pictures

from you guys? if i could get some cds with pics or whatever, even if i have to drive to come pick them up.

Im sure most people will post pics up here, or in their gallery. Most people dont have a problem with people takin copies for themselves! :kitty:

Unbelievable weekend. Great times race was fun (did a tumble at the finish line LOL) but the 6 pack 6 lap race was fun as hell!! Great idea Cole!

Missed the jousting:(

The dunes were awesome,BBQ was awesome, great friends, met some new friends.

All in all it was GREAT!!!!

Edited by White Rhino

did I miss something here??? I think they are really good pics! :think: What's with all the bs and loser smileys? :kitty:

Weird. Anyway, great pics 80Grit. Looks like you guys had a good time! :think:

No pics appeared shortly after the post was made, so maybe it took awhile for them to load since they're on there now!!

The trip sounds like sooooo much fun!!!

HOLY CRAP... WHAT A WEEKEND!!!! Thats about all I can say. Still trying to settle down from the weekend.. It was definatley the breather i needed. Work was stressin, life was stressin then this 70's regatta made everything allllllllll better :D

first off i have to apologize for takin off this morning without makin the rounds and sayin the "goodbyes", and "thank you's" to all of the good people i met and had the pleasure of hangin out with this weekend. I had to be in Par-hump at 9:00 and...well...i slept in a bit! so i was kinda under the gun to get on the road.

but other than that..

DAMMMMMNNNN i had a good weekend!!! :thumb: It was great meeting everybody, great hangin out, great rides, AMAZING food! ( i am a fat kid, i know my way around a dinner plate! trust me on this one!!)

overall it was a helluva time!

Nick...fix your water pump!

Cole...if you have any seperation (sp?) anxiety from the ape hanger bike... you can come over and ride it around the back yard if you want.

Pete & Travis......i am gonna head to the store in a minute and by a case of s-video cables, so there is at least one available next time!!

Smokin Al..........will you marry me??....ok maybe that was a little to much..haha

:think: :atc: :think: :dance: :kitty: :atc: :lol::clap::lol: :atc: :lol:

alright im done...here's a couple flicks

SI850332-1.jpg

SI850352.jpg

SI850358.jpg

SI850365.jpg

SI850347-1.jpg

SI850373.jpg

Great Times, I can't wait for the 2nd annual allready! Thanks to everybody involved! :think:

P.S. Great Pics!

Maybe we can make it Bi-annual? start and end the season with one? :atc: :kitty: :mc::think:

Brian you put on a good show, I still say the first fireball was the best!!

Pete thanks for putting this all on, this was an awesome "off weekend" trip ha ha ha :kitty:

great to see people again and meet new ones (Brian, Tyler, Travis, Randy ect....)

Cole you definately have another job option if your current one falls through

I don't think you could have asked for a more perfect weekend, great food thanks to Al's, great fun thanks to Pete's planning and all that helped set the track up. I thought that it was great that most all jumped in and raced, popped wheelies ect...

It will suck waiting a year for this again.

post-1632-1235992257_thumb.jpg

Guest Crasher

No pics appeared shortly after the post was made, so maybe it took awhile for them to load since they're on there now!!

The trip sounds like sooooo much fun!!!

Oh!!! That makes sense now. :headbang1: I agree, the trip looks like it was a blast!!!! :atc: We hope to make it out to the next one for sure :headbang1:

did I miss something here??? I think they are really good pics! :headbang1: What's with all the bs and loser smileys? :headbang1:

Weird. Anyway, great pics 80Grit. Looks like you guys had a good time! :headbang1:

:headbang1:

:shout: It was a joke he only had like 4 pics !

by the way the added ones are great looks like good times :headbang1:

It was one HELLUVA weekend for sure!!! :headbang1:

I'd like to thank everyone who came out and was involved! You guys all made the 1st annual 70cc regatta at Dumont a very successful and memorable one for sure. :redneck:

All of the events went very smoothly and were a ton of fun.

A quick recap of how the day went Saturday:

-A couple crazy group races in the morning. Those were utter chaos! :yiah:

-Then "best of 3" time trial laps for each guy.

-Wheelie contast. Alex won- man he can hold those wheelies forever! :redneck: Bert was disqaulified because he had 4 wheels. lol

-Then everyoine grubbed on the great BBQ by Smokin Als :headbang1: Al and the whole crew- I can't thank you enough!

-After lunch, it was the cruise to vendor row. HOLY CRAP was that badass. I left camp in the front of the group and turned around to see if everyone was leaving and there was this HUGE crowd of :atc: leaving camp. It looked badass! We definitley made our presence known at vendors row. :headbang1: Sandcrazd & Loose Screws both commented on how badass that looked. Then we did a few photos and headed back to camp.

-AFter getting back to camp- it was time for the atc drags. I was killin everyone with my bone stock 70 until 702LTR450 and Tyler waxed me with their 125cc 70's. Those things ripped! :headbang1:

-Once all the "competitive" events were over, we voted on all the atc's. Beer cans were used to mark everyone's vote.

-Then it was time to dune and do whateva! Good times.

Again, thanks to ALL that made this happen. Especially Sandcrazd for doin us up some badass shirts and Smokin Als for the very good lunch and dinner! Cole, you deserve a huge pat on the back for running the mic all day. You kept it going great and made it feel like we were out at the real track. :laughing:

I'm already looking forward to the 2nd annual 70cc regatta. I don't even think we could change much to make next year's any better...other than even more atc's showing up. GOOD times guys. :headbang1:

I'll get the pics up soon as well as the time's for best laps and the overall winners.