415ci CBM motor tuned and DYNOD

CaptNkllm

That wasnt so hard. That explains everything. I think its a 4.070 bore, which when combined with a 4.00 stroke to me is known as a 416....I neverchecked to see if thats rounded up though.

The ls3 head is also not a ls2 head at all. A ls2 head is cathedral port and ls3 rectangular. The difference would be about 50 cfm on average from one to the other in there best porting.

I wouldnt even have asked if you said it was a built iron block with ls3 heads. I build them pretty much trhe same way, I have maybe 4 of going at anytime. I go slightly smaller, with 4.030 bores, but l92/ ls3 heads, etc...

Thank You.

That wasnt so hard. That explains everything. I think its a 4.070 bore, which when combined with a 4.00 stroke to me is known as a 416....I neverchecked to see if thats rounded up though.

The ls3 head is also not a ls2 head at all. A ls2 head is cathedral port and ls3 rectangular. The difference would be about 50 cfm on average from one to the other in there best porting.

I wouldnt even have asked if you said it was a built iron block with ls3 heads. I build them pretty much trhe same way, I have maybe 4 of going at anytime. I go slightly smaller, with 4.030 bores, but l92/ ls3 heads, etc...

Thank You.

no problem sorry for the mis understanding the headers are of unknown origine but they are equal length tubes on kimcos (better than the headers on my car)

cbm sells the 415 in an ls3 block david already had the lq9 so they built it off that block :freakin_nuts:

and by smaller head on davids car meaning its a cathedral type head or ls2 head cnc'd

as far as dyno numbers you could sway a difference of 30 to 40 percent depending on car weight tire size ect so ya that movement could definately sway the outcome. both cars were dynoed with tires matching paddle size to keep it as real to where its set up as possible. and of course dyno chassis are never definative . :assblast:

Edited by barefoot bob

Actually its an LQ9 motor which is a 6.0... which you already knew that but for all sakes of argument it is an LS2 (base)

LS2 base? :shake::unsure: Then it would be aluminum. :freakin_nuts: Maybe you meant LS2 "setup" or "casting configuration". It's funny how so many people call thier motors LS1's or LS2's only because they resemble the same shape. :stir:

todays lesson...

LQ9 & LS2= same shape, but very different :dayum:

OK, I'll stop gettin so picky and technical now. :assblast::blink:

LS2 base? :unsure::idiot: Then it would be aluminum. :freakin_nuts: Maybe you meant LS2 "setup" or "casting configuration". It's funny how so many people call thier motors LS1's or LS2's only because they resemble the same shape. :stir:

todays lesson...

LQ9 & LS2= same shape, but very different :dayum:

OK, I'll stop gettin so picky and technical now. :assblast::blink:

Good stuf right here! :shake:

LS2 base? :lol::mex: Then it would be aluminum. :assblast: Maybe you meant LS2 "setup" or "casting configuration". It's funny how so many people call thier motors LS1's or LS2's only because they resemble the same shape. :stir:

todays lesson...

LQ9 & LS2= same shape, but very different :shake:

OK, I'll stop gettin so picky and technical now. :dayum::blink:

The LQ9 uses the proven LS architecture.......... HOWS THAT :idiot::slap::blink::unsure:

Can it be any closer? NOT!! :freakin_nuts:

yea...... and get a spell checker toooooooo.....

Then it wouldnt be any fun..

Fuggin Thread Jackers :idea::grin::lol:

Capt

LS2 base? :think::blury: Then it would be aluminum. :laughing: Maybe you meant LS2 "setup" or "casting configuration". It's funny how so many people call thier motors LS1's or LS2's only because they resemble the same shape. :stir:

todays lesson...

LQ9 & LS2= same shape, but very different :laughoff:

OK, I'll stop gettin so picky and technical now. :laughing::flipoff:

16075 posts stfu already!!!!! :flipoff::lol::laughoff:

im sure by architecture he is refering to main journal location and block desighn. other than heads the only real difference i can see is aluminum and sleeves vs iron block :dunno: am i correct ?????

Edited by barefoot bob

Ok I wasnt .......BUT....... :ah:

The LQ9 uses the proven LS architecture to provide robust performance in the Cadillac Escalade AWD. It features a sturdy iron block, but like the aluminum-block versions, the LQ9 has a deep-skirt, six-bolt-main block, with structural oil pan and other carefully engineered features to help make it a smooth running and strong engine.

LQ9

Block Part Number:

Block Type:

Cast iron with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps

Bore x stroke (mm)

101.6 x 92

Camshaft duration (@.050 in):

196 degree intake / 201 degree exhaust

Camshaft lift (in):

.467 intake / .479 exhaust

Camshaft Part Number:

Camshaft type:

Hydraulic roller

Compression ratio:

10:1

Connecting Rod Part Number:

Connecting rods Type:

Powdered metal steel

Crankshaft Part Number:

Crankshaft Type:

Nodular iron

Cylinder head Part Number:

Cylinder head Type:

Aluminum, symmetrical port

Displacement (cu in):

364 (6.0L)

Engine Name:

LQ9 6.0L:

Engine type:

LS Series V-8

Maximum rpm:

Piston Part Number:

Pistons Type:

Cast aluminum

Recommended fuel:

92 octane

Reluctor wheel:

24X

Rocker arm ratio:

1.7:1

Rocker arms Part Number:

Rocker arms Type:

Investment cast, roller trunnion

Valve size (in):

2.00 intake / 1.55 exhaust

LS2 Tech Specs

Block Part Number:

Block Type:

Cast aluminum with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps

Bore x stroke (in):

4.00 x 3.62 (101.6 x 92 mm)

Camshaft duration (@.050 in):

200 degree intake / 203 degree exhaust

Camshaft lift (in):

500 intake / .500 exhaust

Camshaft Part Number:

Camshaft type:

Hydraulic roller

Compression ratio:

10.9:1

Connecting Rod Part Number:

Connecting rods Type:

Powdered metal steel

Crankshaft Part Number:

Crankshaft Type:

Nodular iron

Cylinder head Part Number:

Cylinder head Type:

Aluminum, symmetrical port

Displacement (cu in):

364 (6.0L)

Engine Name:

LS2 6.0L:

Engine type:

LS Series small-block V-8

Maximum rpm:

Piston Part Number:

Pistons Type:

Cast aluminum

Recommended fuel:

92 octane

Reluctor wheel:

58X

Rocker arm ratio:

1.7:1

Rocker arms Part Number:

Rocker arms Type:

Investment cast, roller trunnion

Valve size (in):

2.00 intake / 1.55 exhaust

Find a Dealer

GM Goodwrench - Expert Care More than just power.

Privacy About Us Site Help Search

OK GM said....They are LS series V8's

did I miss something else :laughing:

looks pretty similar to me :hatdance:

Capt

WTF is this ??? Pick on me week lol :laughing::laughoff::laughoff:

Give a brotha a break lol

now back on topic BIATCHES and that means U2 BOB :flipoff::laughing:

Capt

hey we hijacked this thread from you!! why would we listen to you ???

THIS PLANE IS GOING TO CUBA SO STFU

Edited by barefoot bob

I didnt even try to start anything, I asked a resonable question.....

I think it was as simple as, whats in it.......and the responce was bs....and then you guys start attacks with me?

First , a stroked ls2 IS NOT A 6.0 iron block......A LS2 is an ALUMINUM block. I asked about the 415.....cause frankly a 415 inch ls engine is a pretty od size. I was actually curuios how it was arrived at, and why in the world it would be popular. As you all know, a 4.100 stroke moves the pin into the oil ringland, so they are not real popular cause you need to run a support ring for the oil ring. By far the most popular stroker crank is of course the 4.000 but to get to 415 you have like a .055 over bore? Just seems strange, but I was actually curious if there was a reason or different way?

A 454 motown engine is ofcourse capabale of 610 on an engine dyno...and on a chassis dyno, that moves it down to 500 or less by most comparisons. I dont doubt that mendeola claims 23%, but I ve seen countless comparisons from people that engine dynoed and chassis dynoed and 33-40% is not uncommon at all in sand cars.

I also dont doubt, that they run good. I just asked a simple question, whats in it and got a "stroked ls2 with mild cam" sorry if I was able to recogenize that as bs.....its not even an ls2 apparently. Nothing wrong with that btw, you should be proud to say its a 6.0 iron.

Oh, and since you guys obviously cant stay on topic, regarding whats in an engine....and insist on personal attacks and red hearrings to other things, you should know that I wont go for such things. What are going to do next, call me names?

Wow, I d love to find out how to build a 550-600 hp 415 ci iron block ls engine with just a mild cam........but for some reason I dont think the answer is going to find me. What is it, 224/228 591/591? Thats considered a mild cam to me......ofcourse it seems like that would peak about 5800 probably on a 400+ inch, so I dont think it would reach the hp number, maybe a 256/252/ 640/660 cam? To me thats not mild, but to someone else it might be, I guess thats why they give them numbers.

That cam might peak around 7200 and that would get it a lot closer to those numbers thats forsure.

Just for kicks Im going to run 6 degrees total at the dyno, just to see what the power change is from say 28. I ve never done it, so Ill try it.

6 degrees should turn the exhuats a nice red though.

If you asked me, whats in an engine, I d say I dont know, or something like...

its a 6.0 with 4.0 crank, .022 over so its a 405with a 12cc dish. Its got a 248/256 630/610 cam on a 118.5 and ported 317's that flowed 343 @600. Is taht so hard? 3 lines instead of 3 posts saying nothing?

UMMMM Are we a little uptight? Did someone pick on you in school alot? When you come on here calling bs to someones post be prepared for a little bs slining your way to. So tell us more about your external rollbar super safe promod nascar certified nhra legal score trophy truck class winner sammy. Please post pics. I want to see what a properly built super safe super fast triple turbo charged sammy looks like.

and maybe i misread, but I dont think anyone called you names. We all know you build badass motors, but you sure do have a way of telling everybody they dont know what the hell they are talking about and you seem to know everything. Just sayin and nope no name calling or personal attacks from me. thats against the rules!

and maybe i misread, but I dont think anyone called you names. We all know you build badass motors, but you sure do have a way of telling everybody they dont know what the hell they are talking about and you seem to know everything. Just sayin and nope no name calling or personal attacks from me. thats against the rules!

are you sure ?? you do have alzhiemers :laughing: do you know where your buggy is ???? :laughing:

I`ve seen BF car go & it is fast it also sounds really healthy.I think it sounds better with this motor than his last one.But I could be wrong all I remember is it sounded awesome either way! but CONGRATS to you Captin on the new car,motor.I`m sure it has been a hard year with the those JACKHOLES stealing your last buggy.I`m happy for you.Good Luck with your new TOY!!!!!!!!

I`ve seen BF car go & it is fast it also sounds really healthy.I think it sounds better with this motor than his last one.But I could be wrong all I remember is it sounded awesome either way! but CONGRATS to you Captin on the new car,motor.I`m sure it has been a hard year with the those JACKHOLES stealing your last buggy.I`m happy for you.Good Luck with your new TOY!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tom... much appreciated..

Cant complain about the series of events but... It all worked out in the end. BFB's car is super fast. Sounds to healthy lol

Capt

which one im on motor #3 :beercheers:

post-1340-1238071297_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1238071332_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1238071364_thumb.jpg

Edited by barefoot bob