Security?

Vegas250rr

Ok, so I went out and bought 40 dollars worth of pad locks for my new toyhauler, and when I went to clip them on I noticed that my latches were all attached with what appears to be self tapping screws. I find it really hard to believe that this is how this trailer came... can some of you send me some pictures of your latching system so that I may find the best way to remedy this problem... I would think that getting interior fasteners would be the best, but I cant see the hardware on the inside of the door so I wouldn't have a way of attaching it.

ideas? pics?

latchcopy.jpg

P1010581.jpg

you could try replacing them with those anti-theft type screws that come with security doors, the ones that look like a stripped slotted screw, the ones you can thighten but can not loosen. unfortunatly they will only thread into the thin metal and wood of the door no matter what kind of screws you get, so a prybar would probabaly make short work of any screw.

i was thinking about a decent way to lock from the inside, maybe try line up a couple d-rings on the inside of the ramp so they match the ones in the hauler, the would flush mount and still handle the abuse of running them over when your loading up, then when you store it, throw a tie down strap on it from the door to the floor. locked from the inside like that would make any would be thief have to find a new route.

:laughing:

I still have one alarm system left that will at least deter any would be theives. I will sell it and the wireless remote for $200.00. Comes with a siren, motion sensor and door sensors(wireless). You can also set it up to lock up the brake system upon activation.

• 2 years later...

I know that I am "raising the dead" here, but what alarm / security system did you have?

A good friend's hauler was just broken into, (within the last 3 weeks) at a storage facility and we are looking for ways to secure it better. I store there too.

Thanks, Jeff

I know that I am "raising the dead" here, but what alarm / security system did you have?

A good friend's hauler was just broken into, (within the last 3 weeks) at a storage facility and we are looking for ways to secure it better. I store there too.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, . I do know it was manufactured in Italy not China. It is high quality and did a great job on protecting my own trailer. I know there were times when I set it off accidently or forgot it was armed and it did it's job. Install is fairly easy if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. If I didn't store this trailer at home with it behind a locked gate and a locked cable to the sun shade I would have already installed it on mine. I don't think you would be unhappy with it and it's more than a fair deal since I sold several for over $350.00. Let me know if you need any further ino?

This system was invented by Tommy Johnson Sr. ( His son is a world champion drag racer).

The box contains all compononts, install instructions, support info and 2 wireless key fobs for arming and unarming the system. Also included all wiring, siren, and "brain" of the system. It is called Advanced Wireless Technology.

Terry

Edited by ynot

Tell the trust Terry,

You didn't put the alarm on because of the three "Killer Dogs" you have. No one in there right mind would dare try and break into your equipment!!!

.............and they are louder than a siren! !:grin:

Tell the trust Terry,

You didn't put the alarm on because of the three "Killer Dogs" you have. No one in there right mind would dare try and break into your equipment!!!

.............and they are louder than a siren! !:grin:

LOL This is true plus the fact that all the weapons are sighted in from my back door to the front of the trailer and coach :cocktail:

Jeff, . I do know it was manufactured in Italy not China. It is high quality and did a great job on protecting my own trailer. I know there were times when I set it off accidently or forgot it was armed and it did it's job. Install is fairly easy if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. If I didn't store this trailer at home with it behind a locked gate and a locked cable to the sun shade I would have already installed it on mine. I don't think you would be unhappy with it and it's more than a fair deal since I sold several for over $350.00. Let me know if you need any further ino?

This system was invented by Tommy Johnson Sr. ( His son is a world champion drag racer).

The box contains all compononts, install instructions, support info and 2 wireless key fobs for arming and unarming the system. Also included all wiring, siren, and "brain" of the system. It is called Advanced Wireless Technology.

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, please let me know more about the system and if you have any left (possibly 2 needed)

I am at Eastern & 215 (Silverado Ranch area)

Please keep an eye for anyone trying to sell a bunch of offroad rims and tires (Centerlines), along with a aluminum blue floor jack (Harbor freight) mounted on a "Buggy Jack" unit (see pic, in red just like this) along with 3 tool boxes full of tools , 6 gal red craftsman air compressor, new 100' air hoses,battery charger, a Odyssey battery charger for the Odyssey batteries (new), new Dewalt 18v 1/2" cordless Impact gun in case, 27" lcd tv, 2 dvd players (Sony), they took all of his long sleeve shirts (mainly from Dumont, Sand Show, etc, and jackets

This was all stolen from a storgae facility in Henderson

Thanks for your time,

Jeff

post-3932-0-12379400-1314582669_thumb.jp

Edited by jwcarguy

Terry,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, please let me know more about the system and if you have any left (possibly 2 needed)

I am at Eastern & 215 (Silverado Ranch area)

Please keep an eye for anyone trying to sell a bunch of offroad rims and tires (Centerlines), along with a aluminum blue floor jack (Harbor freight) mounted on a "Buggy Jack" unit (see pic, in red just like this) along with 3 tool boxes full of tools , 6 gal red craftsman air compressor, new 100' air hoses,battery charger, a Odyssey battery charger for the Odyssey batteries (new), new Dewalt 18v 1/2" cordless Impact gun in case, 27" lcd tv, 2 dvd players (Sony), they took all of his long sleeve shirts (mainly from Dumont, Sand Show, etc, and jackets

This was all stolen from a storgae facility in Henderson

Thanks for your time,

Jeff

Jeff, I only have one system left in stock. I can see about getting another one but can guarantee it won't be the same price as I am selling the one I have below cost just to move it. If your interested I would be glad to meet up with you to show it to you. I live in henderson at the 515 and Horizon. let me know?