Easter weekend reports

dunefreak

That my BNFPG, it's his car and he went out on a early morning ride. I stayed in bed. Thanks for the pic. I will be sure to download it and send it to him.

Why did you take that pic?

I was testing a new lens and you drove by my campsite. Was the only thing moving :)

Actually I took 1500 shots that weekend. If its moving .....Im clicking pics

The weather was perfect out there and the sand was so smooth thursday and friday. Depth perception was off with no tire tracks and friday I flew off the top of a razor on my quad. Broke the beadlocks on 2 of the tires and bruised my ribs pretty bad. Gonna head out for xrays to make sure its only a bruise.

Had a lot of time saturday to shoot some pics since I could not ride anymore. Here is a few.

Look at the size of the motor in this little sand sprite.

post-14-1239642876_thumb.jpg

NO WAY!!! :ah:

I always see this car at car shows here in Vegas but have never seen it at the dunes!!!!

Edited by sanddunesaddict

The weather was perfect out there and the sand was so smooth thursday and friday. Depth perception was off with no tire tracks and friday I flew off the top of a razor on my quad. Broke the beadlocks on 2 of the tires and bruised my ribs pretty bad. Gonna head out for xrays to make sure its only a bruise.

Had a lot of time saturday to shoot some pics since I could not ride anymore. Here is a few.

Moon Rising over Hill

Shot with 50mm lens F16 at 30 seconds

post-14-1239642965_thumb.jpg

Look at the size of the motor in this little sand sprite.

post-14-1239642876_thumb.jpg

post-14-1239642917_thumb.jpg

post-14-1239642728_thumb.jpg

post-14-1239642842_thumb.jpg

post-14-1239642762_thumb.jpg

post-14-1239642797_thumb.jpg

post-14-1239642989_thumb.jpg

Nice pics!! :grin:

Kit kat & Blue Steel, nice meeting you. Your head doesn't look wrinkled.

Skyz, Charlie has some tire plugs and a can of fix a flat if you need it. :D

Don good seeing you again, it's been awhile.

Jon & Becky it was nice meeting you too. You have a sweety in that blonde curls and Blue eyes.

Sanddawg, nice meeting another one that is in the old :grin: category with me. :laughoff:

Thats a lot of motor for a small buggy

post-14-1239681183_thumb.jpg

Its actually not that big of and engine.

Its an all aluminum Buick 215 V8 which came out of a Land Rover(since they use them now) with a 6-71 blower.

If I remember right he told me it was 450HP.

Thats so cool seeing it out there though.

I'm glad Skyz took humor in thinking I was bald. :grin:

It was just the way the shade and sun angle was in you RZR. Sandchick agreed with me also. You had you squink, turn your a slightly to the left and bend your knees slightly and hold your beer at waist level to see it right.

It was pretty funny. :laughoff::laughoff: Can we call you Bald Steel now?

quote name='Kitcat' date='Apr 13 2009, 09:48 PM' post='174100']

Nice pics!! :flipoff:

[

Coolest guy! I used to work with him at Lake Mead when he worked for the Park Service . I was on S.A.R. with him and he supervised the volunteer boat program at Vegas Wash when it was there! Great family too. Chance meeting at the Accident where the little girl hit that group by the finger! Hadn't seen him for years!

His motor weighs more than my Baby Sand Sprite. Beautifull car!!!

According to my campmate and great friends this is "Sand Crab" He has been duning for years at D.D

Range Rover V8, "Blown" if I'm not mistaken.

Stress???? I don't think so!

Great trip as usual with new camp mates Dan and SKYZ.

Fun Meet and Greet and met Jill, Charlie, Sand Chick and others that were cool.

Just after most left I went on a very short ride while waiting for friends to finish a conversation only to have the coupler come loose on my steering. What a feeling when you totally lose steering.

NO FEAR????? On the way to the meet and greet MDTHLFA and I were tearing down the road from the North Pole and I was near the end of third gear...........Glad the steering didn't come loose there!!!!!!! :ah:

Great Trip. good friends and just a little drinking around a super fire pit left just for us!! :laughing:

A couple of glitches with the car, all fixable though. dirt in one idle jet the first day, thanks to Dan and MDYHLFA we got that fixed.

Lost a plug wire on a ride resulting in getting stuck twice before we found that. Thanx to Dan for single handedly picking up the car and getting me out in a flash.

Then when the steering come loose DAn again bailed me out with a wrench to get me a guick tempory fix to be able to drive it back to camp where that was fixed too!

Taking Dan whenever I go to the dunes!!!!! :thumb:

Last thing was I "ran the ties, literaly, off the left front wheel while showing off a "tad' on a ride with Dan before others had gotten up. No damage!

AWESOME weekend!! Spring break, so we headed out on Wednesday....solo....no one else came out with us. <Too bad for them ;) > Got there about 2:00, set up bare necessities and headed out for the first run. The sand was as smooth as a baby's buns and the razors as sharp as......ummm, :mex: razors!! :beerpint: Amazing changes in the conditions since clean-up weekend.....WOW!! Davey and the girls did another run before dinner time...he got them up on the backside of comp. Taylor is LOVING her new <to her> LTZ400, Kelsey was on Davey's Banshee, and Davey was on his bro's 450. Little David has now graduated to the Warrior350 (caught on SO fast clean-up weekend) and will probably not want to ride the Trailblazer ever again. :beerpint: The night was clear and the moon was bright, so we did a complete circle around the dunes after dinner. By the time we got back to camp, we didn't even bother with a campfire...too pooped!!

Thursday was more of the same...NO traffic, amazing conditions, perfect weather, and rode the hell outta the dunes. The hills were a blast too...hardly a soul around. I can't believe my kids are hopping razors! :beerpint: I had no choice, keep up or get left in their dust!! :shoot: Me and Davey paid a visit to Brice and Mike's camp before dark and had a good chuckle with the Wingnut! Good seeing you guys again, even for a short visit!

Lots more folks had rolled in by Friday, but still lighter traffic and lots of elbow room. Spotted Skyz at vendor row when we went for ice and she flashed Davey's helmet cam...well, just about until he told her it was still rolling! :idea: Ran into Malcom (sp?) and some of his DSD Crew out at the N. pole. They had been there since Wed. also, but didn't recognize Davey 'cause he wasn't riding his Banshee. He asked about a meet-n-greet for Saturday, we weren't sure if one was planned, but if we were still out there we would be at the S. pole at 2:00. Cool peeps fo sho!! The weather was getting chilly and the clouds getting dark, so we buzzed back to camp to grab some jackets before hitting taledaga. I ran out of time on the helmet cam and missed getting the lightening shots!! :lol: Headed to Comp...then the WINDS hit!! Kelsey and I raced back to camp 'cause I remembered I left windows open to keep the hauler cool!! We had dunes in the hauler...sand everywhere!! Visibility was down to 0 when Taylor and the 2 Davey's returned....he almost hit the hauler...literally!! We battoned down the hatches and rode out the storm with dinner and a movie. It did blow out as fast as it blew in, but whatta mess in the meantime! Turned out to be a nice night, despite the light rain, but I sure felt sorry for those just rolling in during the storm....tenters were sure hating life. Had planned to camp hop and go visiting Friday night, but figured most were in for the night due to the sandstorm.

REALLY wanted to head out for the meet-n-greet on Saturday, but we were 'bout out of fuel! Wasn't even sure I had enough to get the generator running in the morning. The Warrior was already on reserve, nothing left to mix for the Banshee <thirsty biotch>, :bs: 'bout the 400 and 450, but my low fuel light wasn't on....YET! :mex: Was tempting to hang out, but wouldn't have been fair to leave the kiddos at camp. We lingered over breakfast and decided to get ready to rock-n-roll. Hit the highway by noon. One helluva trip to end this riding season!! :dope: