10 year old crashing an LT car

Heard about this from the peeps we camped with Easter weekend. Story goes as was told to me that:

A 10 year old girl, with Dad in car, was driving this LT car, went over a dune and took out about 3 to 4 people sitting on the other side. Some were hurt pretty bad. Little 10 year old even had a pillow behind her. :?: WTF are people thinking.

Edited by desertskyz

I think this is one of those stories that gets changed as it passes from person to person...

I heard it was a 10year old girl on a pink quad that got hit by an LT :lol::ninja::laughoff:

I didn't see the heli all weekend.. thats always a good thing..

i heard it was 4 korean 10 year olds in a 5,000 hp sand rail and they ran over 400 people at comp hill while riding a wheelie, listening to hanna montana , eating gummie bears and peeps on a suger rush and littering as they went.

film at 11 ................................................................ :randog:

• Like 1

well heres the real story... the crash happened right in front of my camp site...and the ppl that owned the car was camping right next to me. there was a 10 yr and a 12 yr old girl in the car..they were just cruising in the dunes directly in front of there camp..they have been doing sinse thursday when i showed up. she seemed to handle it quit well but was slightly scared of going up anything bigger then a dune like at the little dumont. she did hit a quad, i think it was a teen hispanic kid on the quad. they did have take him out on a straight board. My son helped the techs with the first aid and getting him to the BLM office. im not sure how bad the kid was hurt but i know it took about 15-20 mins. to get him on the straight board. the family of the kid was really PO'd when they showed up in their truck with the big Mexico flag on it asking who was the MF'r who hit him. after all that.. i witnessed the fire, blm, and highway patrol show up at the crash site, at the dunes in front of BR 3. thats all the info i have to offer.

Jason N Candice

up date...i just talked to my son.. and he said there were two ppl hit. one of them was on a pink quad. one bout 8-9ish wich was scraped up on her side. they took her in just to make sure she was ok...he told me that she seamed ok. the other kid was about 10-11ish yrs. and was hurt pretty bad. the driver and passanger of the SR were kids.. he stated they were prob around 10-13 yrs.

Edited by JasonR

I'm not going to sugar coat this at all:

What kind of Stupid Fool Azzhat Parent would let little kids drive around in a rail, large or small. I hope the dumbazz gets the sh*t sued out of him.

Sorry to hear someone got hurt !

But what's the differance desertskyz? danny let's you drive his car ! :grin:

Bob- it that one 5,000 hp motor or ten 500 hp motors?

:laughoff:

what kind of radar footprint did that rail have???

:grin:

Sorry to hear someone got hurt !

But what's the differance desertskyz? danny let's you drive his car ! :grin:

OH SNAP

:think: she did pretty damn good @ DDR recyling day n shait... :laughoff: she prolly could have taught paco a thing or two on that forklift :lol:

the family of the kid was really PO'd when they showed up in their truck with the big Mexico flag on it asking who was the MF'r who hit him.

you better watch out for those people with the mexican flags on there trucks, there almost as worse as the rednecks wth the dukes of hazzard flags... :grin:

Maybe I'm missing something but whats the difference between these parents letting this 10 yr old drive the Lt car, and all these other parents i see letting their kids ride quads that they are clearly way to young to be riding. It is only when someone gets hurt that we seem to speak up. and yet somebody said they watched

these kids driving this Lt all day long.

Would'nt it be better to speak up before someone gets hurt instead of after and then complain here about pareting skills or hope for a big law suit for the injured people, why not find a ranger and point out the unsafe practices of people and try to prevent these things from happening. thats what I do, It is all of our responsibility to be proactive about saftey. or do you just look the other way until something tragic happens.

Oh I know, you dont want to get involved in other peoples business, Aleast not until something bad happens

then everybody has an opinion.

I completly agree no one that young should be behind the wheel of an Lt car. or on a quad that is beyond their ability to handle in a tight situation. or riding without a helmet or riding two people or all the other stupid things people do. but if you do nothing but watch instead of act this is what will happen.

Anyone of us runs the risk of colliding with a Lt in the dunes, Especially if your inexperienced. or just not mature enough to handle the situation. Justme and my two cents.

3 or 4 pages easy :grin:

Hopefully those kids recover ok and the ones who were at fault learn a valuable lesson so it doesn't happen again. :( Accidents happen but can usually be avoided with common sense.

Maybe I'm missing something but whats the difference between these parents letting this 10 yr old drive the Lt car, and all these other parents i see letting their kids ride quads that they are clearly way to young to be riding. It is only when someone gets hurt that we seem to speak up. and yet somebody said they watched

these kids driving this Lt all day long.

Would'nt it be better to speak up before someone gets hurt instead of after and then complain here about pareting skills or hope for a big law suit for the injured people, why not find a ranger and point out the unsafe practices of people and try to prevent these things from happening. thats what I do, It is all of our responsibility to be proactive about saftey. or do you just look the other way until something tragic happens.

Oh I know, you dont want to get involved in other peoples business, Aleast not until something bad happens

then everybody has an opinion.

I completly agree no one that young should be behind the wheel of an Lt car. or on a quad that is beyond their ability to handle in a tight situation. or riding without a helmet or riding two people or all the other stupid things people do. but if you do nothing but watch instead of act this is what will happen.

Anyone of us runs the risk of colliding with a Lt in the dunes, Especially if your inexperienced. or just not mature enough to handle the situation. Justme and my two cents.

I'm not sure how to explain the difference between responsable adults and those who make decisions that result in putting other people in harms way but I'll try to use myself as an example, maybe I'm wrong but...

My son has 7 yrs riding experience... from a PW50 to his current KX65 he is twelve years old...If I help him start it, he can ride my WR426 (until he has to stop LOL to short) he can operate my YFZ450 and run my 300HP boat all around Lake Mead... Teaching him how to operate these toys is the easiest part... setting a responsable example is the hardest.... On my bike, the dry lake bed only no one else around... On my quad pretty much the same thing but I let him ride it at dumont but camp only and no circles of death for the next guy/camper.... as far as the lake we are the only boat as far as the eye can see in the off months and no docking/trailering yet (we practice on the floating restrooms, yuk)... I am allways right there no matter what... If I am putting anyone in harms way it is my son and only in the most controled enviroment as I can possably create... If I had a rail you bet he would drive it but guess what we would be in the middle of knowhere and on flat ground...

Don't get me wrong he drives me nuts with the "Dad can I's" and I continue to tell him not yet there are too many people around or your not old enough to make decisions that affect the safety of others...

Boy I'm rambling.... So anyways... If you see a little kid on a 450 at Dumont just make sure you also see the Dad right there yelling slow down!! and stop going in the same circle over and over and no you can't hit the dunes on my quad....well not yet...

When he is in the dunes on his KX he is right in line with me and his brothers all on two wheels and of course way north where there is fewer people and risk.. both for us and others...

:grin:

you better watch out for those people with the mexican flags on there trucks, there almost as worse as the rednecks wth the dukes of hazzard flags... :think:

Uh, can you clue me in please? :grin: I'm just an old ignit azz Country boy from Arkansas :old: but I've been around the world several times and observed quite a bit of eye opening :ah: things in my life, but just what is a "Dukes of Hazzard flag"? :usa:

I'm not too old to learn new tricks so school me please on this one... :blury:

"Almost as worse" :laughoff::grin::laughoff::lol::lol::dope:

Pete, I want a Dukes of Hazzard flag smiley when this is all said and done. :lol:

Hope the kids that got hurt are ok.....and yes people lucky there were no more people hurt after the truck with that :mex::mex: flag :think::grin: .....................i am a :mex: and i think no matter what u are,if you are :mex: :B :laughoff::old::mob: :blonde: if someone hurts your kids you are going to go off,trust me i have kids...i would of :lol::blury::dope::lol: some body.......but ooooo well hope the kids are ok....and watch out for the :mex::mex::mex::lol::old::laughoff::grin::usa:

Pete, I want a Dukes of Hazzard flag smiley when this is all said and done. :laughoff:

Why wait that long? This thread is already effed! :grin:

SO is this what he means? post-3-1239678570_thumb.gif

:laughoff:

I'm sure 1BADYFZ meant something like this though...

post-3-1239678615_thumb.gif

Hope the kids that got hurt are ok.....and yes people lucky there were no more people hurt after the truck with that :mex::mex: flag :grin::lol: .....................i am a :mex: and i think no matter what u are,if you are :mex: :B :laughoff::old::mob: :blonde: if someone hurts your kids you are going to go off,trust me i have kids...i would of :blury::dope::lol::lol: some body.......but ooooo well hope the kids are ok....and watch out for the :mex::mex::old: :old: :usa::think::grin::mex:

Well let me tell you something, the :mob: that we were parked about 25 yards from, when the last rig pulled out they left their trash everywhere. It was just inside their circle. :laughoff: I so wanted to stop them and say WTF, but pulling out on Sunday at 8 am was not going to happen. Azzholes. California folks (so cal) gawd I hate that saying. No plates on their trailer either. I guess a lot of peeps do that crap.

Well let me tell you something, the :usa: that we were parked about 25 yards from, when the last rig pulled out they left their trash everywhere. It was just inside their circle. :blury: I so wanted to stop them and say WTF, but pulling out on Sunday at 8 am was not going to happen. Azzholes. California folks (so cal) gawd I hate that saying. No plates on their trailer either. I guess a lot of peeps do that crap.

Wow, now were talking about people who leave trash too! Man this thread has everything! :dope:

Might as well join em. :lol:

Not to stereotype and I'm NOT saying all mexicans do this, but I have seen that happen NUMEROUS times too skyz. It's not JUST the :mex: , but the majority of the litterers I have seen have, in fact, been huge families of :mex: who grill out all weekend and then leave a huge azz pile of old food, Corona bottles and bags of trash in a giant pile. At least they bag the trash up though. :old: Seriously, it has happened about 4 times now. :grin:

pics to prove it :lol:

TDay 05

post-3-1239679535_thumb.jpg

4-14-07

post-3-1239679685_thumb.jpg

CAN WE SAY? :laughoff::laughoff::think::grin:

:lol:

i heard it was 4 korean 10 year olds in a 5,000 hp sand rail and they ran over 400 people at comp hill while riding a wheelie, listening to hanna montana , eating gummie bears and peeps on a suger rush and littering as they went.

film at 11 ................................................................ :randog:

LMAO!!! That's friggin hilarious! :grin::laughoff: :laughoff:

HEY! Im :lol: !!!! But i have to agree with Pete, I have seen the huge families who leave all their junk behind or think its ok since they left it next to the rest rooms or fire circles :grin:

Maybe we should start planting strawberry plants so they look down and have a reason to bend over......

OH SNAP!!!!!! :think: J/K :grin::laughoff::laughoff::blury: