Kennedy Pressure Plate on 002 Tranny

jaytoland80

My buddy and I are installing my subi motor in my rail, the engine is not lining up. We noticed when we pulled the motor back out that the throw bearing sleeve was hitting (not going inside of pressure plate) the pressure plate not allowing the transmission touch the clutch. Does anyone know if that pressure plate is supposed to sit on that sleeve?

Thanks

That sleeve (the round cone) should go right inside of the presure plate to allow the throughout bearing to push against it.

That's what I thought! Its hitting the pressure plate not going inside of it. I checked on my bug tranny and it hits also. I guess I have a defective one.

Thanks for the info

That's what I thought! Its hitting the pressure plate not going inside of it. I checked on my bug tranny and it hits also. I guess I have a defective one.

Thanks for the info

pop the t/o ring off the pressure plate(its to bad you don't have any freinds to help you out) :lol:

pop the t/o ring off the pressure plate(its to bad you don't have any freinds to help you out) :DDRrocks:

Thanks Dan!!! I got in on Saturday after I figured out that ring. Now onto to see if it runs. I wish I had went with the 2.5 motor. I hope I am happy with the 2.2 power wise. I was told they put out 150 stock but now it seems like realisticly 135. Yeah it would have been nice to keep it down there and have you help me with it..