April 18-19, 2009 weekend report

dunefreak

Good thing your ok, back injuries suck!!! I stayed home by the pool, drank quite a few cold ones and dreamt about all you SOB's out there having fun!! :DDRrocks: My buddy rolls in from Dumont yesterday about 3pm, we are all trashed, and he shows us the damage on his car from a nice Dumont Comp Hill ROLLOVER!!! We laughed, drank some more and now are thinkng about going out May 2nd & 3rd in the SWELTERING HEAT!!! WHO WANTS TO GO???

I'd say overall it was a pretty damn nice weekend for the middle of April! I was out there Thursday thru Sunday. With the breeze blowing most of the time, it kept it nice if you weren't standing in the direct sun. I didn't even use the air in the moho until around 3pm on Saturday.

All in all a good trip, no problems with our group but we did have to help a kid that broke his leg/ankle pretty bad over in Little Dumont. He wasn't wearing boots and his ankle decided to turn about 90 degrees to the side....not good. Tough guy though, hung in there for probably an hour and a half until he got taken out of the dunes to the ambulance.

Sunday was a different story though.....loading up the trailer at 9am and it was getting hot quick. No breeze at all.

Saturday Don the camp host came over to borrow the backboard and I think some EMT's that were at the race. The rumor was someone in the dunes broke their back. Anyone hear of that? I hope they were ok.

Sounds and looks like it was a great weekend out there! :whoop: aside from a few injuries ,Hope everyone Heals quick and Fully for next season.

I, of course, was stuck at work all day on saturday making no money :DDRrocks:

And to "re" meet Kayla. I told you I met you out at the South Pole a couple years ago with Learnem, forgot he goes by Cheese on here...

it was good to meet you again too i bet ill remember now, and the ride was fun even though we got ditch by peter and aaron and bert. jerks! :D

it was nice finally gettin to hang out with some DDR ppl again.

i love Monkie she's my favorite.

We did a day trip on Sunday. We're there about 30 minutes. Two guys come up to us in an old two seater. The passengers 5 seater broke an axle(stupid hi-line drive axle) in the big bowl behind comp. So, Scott and I follow them over there. I hook up the rzr to the old rail then hook it up to the broken rail. On the third attempt dragging them around the bowl, we were finally able to get it up and over the razor and back to camp. :slap: . Go on a few rides. We then decide to attempt to go to the north pole. On the way out to the north pole, my daughters motor locked on her new to her blaster!! :laughoff::thumb::booty: . We proceed to tow it back to camp and get stuck in some soft stuff. After getting un stuck, I then got run over by the dead blaster in tow!!!! Long story, let's just say I can't run fast in deep soft sand!!! :whoop::DDRrocks: . Ok, at this point I'm over it x10. We load up and proceed to the road. As we aproach the road I hit and old fire pit and the rzr's bumper met my back window!!! Awesome!!! At that point I could do nothing but just laugh at the days events. So, I wont tell myself that next seasons last trip of the season is the last trip of the season!!!! Eff you Dumont, no night drags or early A.M rides this summer. I'll see you in October! :whoop:

:barf:

We did a day trip on Sunday. We're there about 30 minutes. Two guys come up to us in an old two seater. The passengers 5 seater broke an axle(stupid hi-line drive axle) in the big bowl behind comp. So, Scott and I follow them over there. I hook up the rzr to the old rail then hook it up to the broken rail. On the third attempt dragging them around the bowl, we were finally able to get it up and over the razor and back to camp. :laughoff: . Go on a few rides. We then decide to attempt to go to the north pole. On the way out to the north pole, my daughters motor locked on her new to her blaster!! :thumb::booty::whoop: . We proceed to tow it back to camp and get stuck in some soft stuff. After getting un stuck, I then got run over by the dead blaster in tow!!!! Long story, let's just say I can't run fast in deep soft sand!!! :whoop::DDRrocks: . Ok, at this point I'm over it x10. We load up and proceed to the road. As we aproach the road I hit and old fire pit and the rzr's bumper met my back window!!! Awesome!!! At that point I could do nothing but just laugh at the days events. So, I wont tell myself that next seasons last trip of the season is the last trip of the season!!!! Eff you Dumont, no night drags or early A.M rides this summer. I'll see you in October! :whoop:

^^Thats a classic last trip, way to laugh it off!! :slap: Kids watch their parents when they are under pressure that was a great lesson :barf:

We did a day trip on Sunday. We're there about 30 minutes. Two guys come up to us in an old two seater. The passengers 5 seater broke an axle(stupid hi-line drive axle) in the big bowl behind comp. So, Scott and I follow them over there. I hook up the rzr to the old rail then hook it up to the broken rail. On the third attempt dragging them around the bowl, we were finally able to get it up and over the razor and back to camp. :banghead: . Go on a few rides. We then decide to attempt to go to the north pole. On the way out to the north pole, my daughters motor locked on her new to her blaster!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: . We proceed to tow it back to camp and get stuck in some soft stuff. After getting un stuck, I then got run over by the dead blaster in tow!!!! Long story, let's just say I can't run fast in deep soft sand!!! :coocoo::laughing: . Ok, at this point I'm over it x10. We load up and proceed to the road. As we aproach the road I hit and old fire pit and the rzr's bumper met my back window!!! Awesome!!! At that point I could do nothing but just laugh at the days events. So, I wont tell myself that next seasons last trip of the season is the last trip of the season!!!! Eff you Dumont, no night drags or early A.M rides this summer. I'll see you in October! :laughing:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.....but that right there is one funny story...gave me a good laugh this morning at work. Just when you think it can't get worse......it usually does :lol:

it was good to meet you again too i bet ill remember now, and the ride was fun even though we got ditch by peter and aaron and bert. jerks! :D

it was nice finally gettin to hang out with some DDR ppl again.

i love Monkie she's my favorite.

I love you too :laughing:!!!

To bad Aaron stole my bike or I coulda gone on that last run with you...

Come to Little Sahara with us!! I promise not to let you get into trouble :laughing:

We did a day trip on Sunday. We're there about 30 minutes. Two guys come up to us in an old two seater. The passengers 5 seater broke an axle(stupid hi-line drive axle) in the big bowl behind comp. So, Scott and I follow them over there. I hook up the rzr to the old rail then hook it up to the broken rail. On the third attempt dragging them around the bowl, we were finally able to get it up and over the razor and back to camp. :laughoff: . Go on a few rides. We then decide to attempt to go to the north pole. On the way out to the north pole, my daughters motor locked on her new to her blaster!! :assblast::flipoff::MBdance: . We proceed to tow it back to camp and get stuck in some soft stuff. After getting un stuck, I then got run over by the dead blaster in tow!!!! Long story, let's just say I can't run fast in deep soft sand!!! :lol::thumbsdown: . Ok, at this point I'm over it x10. We load up and proceed to the road. As we aproach the road I hit and old fire pit and the rzr's bumper met my back window!!! Awesome!!! At that point I could do nothing but just laugh at the days events. So, I wont tell myself that next seasons last trip of the season is the last trip of the season!!!! Eff you Dumont, no night drags or early A.M rides this summer. I'll see you in October! :shake:

That must of been an unforgetable last season trip :isbb: ......