cel phone recommendations?

dunefreak

I'm with Verizon and looking to get a new phone soon. Right now I just have an older Samsung A870.

Here's what I use my phone for....

I don't need internet or e-mail or any super fancy chit, I text sometimes but not alot, I use it to make phone calls (duh), a camera is a must, music storage would be cool but I don't need it, I might get navigation soon but I doubt it. Touchscreen is a definte no and I don't want anything big either.

I was looking at the Casio G'z one Boulder because it is waterproof/ shockproof and ruggedized to military standards. :dope::rockwoot: Not sure of the qaulity though. :lol: You read these damn reviews and they all say the same. 50% absolutley love em, 50% hate em.

Casio G'z one boulder

post-3-1240883182_thumb.jpg

And the other so far has been the Motorola Adventure 750

post-3-1240883295_thumb.jpg

Any recommendations?

if you could get your hands on the older lg vx9800 like i used to have that thing was freakin bomb proof. I had that thing for 2 years used it abused it dropped it threw it filled it full of sand and it never let me down. i would have to say for what we do and what you do at work the casio one sounds the best but i have never used a casio branded phone so i dunno

I'm with Verizon and looking to get a new phone soon. Right now I just have an older Samsung A870.

Here's what I use my phone for....

I don't need internet or e-mail or any super fancy chit, I text sometimes but not alot, I use it to make phone calls (duh), a camera is a must, music storage would be cool but I don't need it, I might get navigation soon but I doubt it. Touchscreen is a definte no and I don't want anything big either.

I was looking at the Casio G'z one Boulder because it is waterproof/ shockproof and ruggedized to military standards. :dope::rockwoot: Not sure of the qaulity though. :lol: You read these damn reviews and they all say the same. 50% absolutley love em, 50% hate em.

Casio G'z one boulder

post-3-1240883182_thumb.jpg

And the other so far has been the Motorola Adventure 750

post-3-1240883295_thumb.jpg

Any recommendations?

I have an older LG (Verizon) that has 5 diff resolutions to choose for pics up to 1280x960, adj white bal, briteness, color effects like vivid, sepia, solari and nite mode...... if u RN2 it :slap: so there's probably a new version that's as good as our Canons, :clown:

I have an older LG (Verizon) that has 5 diff resolutions to choose for pics up to 1280x960, adj white bal, briteness, color effects like vivid, sepia, solari and nite mode...... if u RN2 it :lol: so there's probably a new version that's as good as our Canons, :clown:

:rockwoot: Yeah there's cel phone camera over 3 MP with digital zoom now. :dope:

i think that fancy touch screen dare has a 5mp camera in it :P

I still remember the original star trek communicators :lol: and thought not in my lifetime and don't think they had cameras and internet wasn't around yet, ya young whippersnappers :rockwoot:

maybe not what youre lookin for, but

the wife and i both have blackberry curves...2.0 mp camera, video, music, micro sd card slot up to 8 gig, qwerty keyboard, navigation,

the thing i like about it the best though is there is online support in the form of a forum, that allows you to upload the newest operating systems, free games, advice, ..........most of it for free.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/

Im really hard on my cell phones, and was not feeling comfortable with the curve, but the AT and T guy (on the phone) told me they were the phone giving thei customers the least amount of problems at the time (over a year ago)

i dont have it set up with an emailnor do i have a data plan, and do not cruise the internet on it (i did, and it was pretty cool, but the fuggin cost was :dope::rockwoot: without the data plan...fuggin 100 bux a month :lol: )

post-457-1240920231_thumb.jpg

I have had just about EVERY phone Verizon and AT&T offer (12 plans and the boss / dad always gets the new one :D ). Though it is illegal in Ca I have to um consider the need to text while driving @ time so the touch screens are out for me I just pass them along... My favorite phone by far is the simple envy 2 (only a 2 mpx camera though). If you are upgrading cool, if you need to replace and are not particular i can drop ship you a near brand new razor or its equivelant, I have a BUNCH of Verizon phones @ the office... :laughing:

Pete- I have one of the old VX9800 phones that Nick was talking about.

If you want it I can get it in the mail to you. It's a Verizon phone so your set there.

I have the Blackberry Curve now. I am a gadget freak so I always get the newest phone out every 2 years or so. It's a pretty tough phone and I bought a holder that the firemen use. I turn the face inward when I have it in the holster and it takes a beating!

Edited by bp-guy

My buddy glen has one of those waterproof phones for hima nd his guys, he owns a pool service and he is happy with them so far (had it a couple of months)no problems so far.

Thanks for the info and the offers guys. It's just time for a new phone. Mine still works fine, but it is old. I'm gonna wait and think it over some more before I decide on one. I'm leaning towards the Motorola one right now. They are all basically free when I renew my contract so price isn't even an issue.

i have verizon for years & i think so far the best phone i had from them is still available i think....is the LG VX8300.....it has very good camara,music & perfect size...... :laughoff::finger:

I started having problems with mine after a year or 2.

I have had just about EVERY phone Verizon and AT&T offer (12 plans and the boss / dad always gets the new one :D ). Though it is illegal in Ca I have to um consider the need to text while driving @ time so the touch screens are out for me I just pass them along... My favorite phone by far is the simple envy 2 (only a 2 mpx camera though). If you are upgrading cool, if you need to replace and are not particular i can drop ship you a near brand new razor or its equivelant, I have a BUNCH of Verizon phones @ the office... :finger:

i went through 6 of those phones in 4 months..