June 18th Dune Trip Report

dunefreak

Well we just got back. It was a great early morning trip. :headbang:

We headed out of town at 4 AM. :shocked:

We arrived at the dunes at 5:30 and were riding :smiley: by 5:45/ 6:00. :headbang: The sun was barely up, the temperature was about 88 degrees, and the dunes were oh so smooth. :D There were only about maybe 6 other groups of people out there besides us. We basically had the dunes to ourselves. The riding was great. :headbang: The temps got up to about 104 right before we left. It wasn't too hot because there was a good little breeze all morning. There were no clouds in the sky and the sun was BRIGHT. We were gonna stay a bit longer, but decided it was time to go because the dunes were getting hard to read at that time because of the sun's position. SandYFZ put the fear into us by saying, "I don't think we should go out one more time because I don't want it to be the one ride we SHOULDN'T have gone on! :cripple: lol" :woo_hoo: We figured, yeah nobody got hurt and all our bikes still run, we better go now. :idea:

All in all it was an awesome trip. It was great meeting you, DUNEDEMON and your buddies as well. Must do it again soon! :D :headbang:

Gassing up...

normal_S2010032%7E2.JPG

A view of the sunrise cruising in on the gravel road...

S2010034%7E1.JPG

Beautiful dunes :D ....

S2010037%7E1.JPG

S2010038%7E1.JPG

S2010042%7E0.JPG

SandYFZ...

S2010043%7E0.JPG

The stump of sand that made Pauly 2 inches shorter (He accidentally hit this extremely hard coming outta a turn)

S2010045%7E1.JPG

PaulyPaul recovering :cripple::grin:

S2010047%7E1.JPG

A bunch of trash that was left behind by some disrespectful idiots :angry: :finger: ...

We picked it up before we took off. :shake:

S2010048%7E0.JPG

The north pole report: still somewhat intact. The only damage is a broken hinge on the door and a smashed up ball on top. The damn jerks have been trying to damage it again. :shake::dunno::finger:

S2010052%7E1.JPG

S2010053%7E0.JPG

Chillen at the south pole after some good riding.... :D

S2010054%7E1.JPG

A view from the south pole....gorgeous dunes

S2010057%7E1.JPG

I told cdavego and DUNESMURF that they were gonna have to go ahead and load up my truck and trailer in their toyhauler for the ride home. They didn't go for it, besides it was a bit tight. :laughing:

S2010058%7E1.JPG

Here's the river crossing (or lack there of). It was bone dry.

S2010060%7E2.JPG

For a 24 hour turn around trip it was awesome. The weather didn't bug any of our group and there was a ton a virgin sand.... :woo_hoo:

My buddy's car ran fantastic, never even opended the tool box....

Great meeting up with you Dunefreak and the rest of the gang. We need to hook up when you have your rail with ya. Next time..

post-826-1150674484.jpg

post-826-1150674544.jpg

had a great time and got to ride my new bike in real sand :idea: the sand was so smooth and fast...can't wait to go again..and PETE we couldv'e squeezed you in :woo_hoo: nice to meet dunedemon..small world out there to run into LOU..tell him HI :grin:

Man that was a fun trip,I had a blast. :grin: Turns out the dragger is quite the duner too :woo_hoo: We got in some real good haulin a$$ dune rides. :idea: Nice breeze,and not TOO hot...It was good seeing all you guys again,i had a great time and want to thank pete for draggin me and my quad out there.That was awesome. :D Until next time!!! :laughing:

Hey guys!!! Good times on the virgin sand today!! Little on the warm side, but wasnt to bad as long as we were moving!! Cant wait for the official duning season to start so it cools off a bit!! But in the meantime, hopefully ill find some jet skiis and we can have good times on the water as well!! Made it home no problems with the tranny, well always easier goin up potisi on the way back. Pete let me know what you find out about that tranny cooler, thing. lol sorry dont remember what you guys called it. Ill post some pics soon as i get them back from being developed. I know im prehistoric and need to get with the times with the digital cam, someday!! :woo_hoo:

i had a great time only duning on 1hr of sleep.. :D I got home did some laundry about 1/2 thru the second load melissa called said why dontcha come over and we can discuss this condo junk.. OK cool as soon as this last load is done in the dryer...well 4 hours later my mom called... I passssed the fk out on the couch and didnt know it.. LOL..

The sand was AWESOME!!!! WAAAAAAY soft and made riding a 2 wheeler a challenge :D Tried going up the face hill but the sand was sooooo soft towards the top there was no way in hell i could get over it so i tried to turn around and pulled a 180 like the quads would.. the front tire just stuck and spun in one spot thought i was gonna eat it for sure...

PaulyPaul get that bike regeared so you can beat my slow a$$ 426 next time.. :D

Thanks for the ride and the good times dunefreak... cant wait to do it again. :D

It was cool as hell....Thanks Dave and Jackie for the hospitality!!I really appretiate it.(I'm getting used to being a guest, I now c Nick and Christina have a good thing going :cry::woo_hoo::laughoff: ) The thing that amazed me the most is how great you can feel after a dune trip when u dont drink and have a hang over!!!What a concept!!!! I guess I won't drink at the dunes anymore!!!! :laughoff:

I guess I won't drink at the dunes anymore!!!! :laughoff:

Yeah...wwwwwhatever! :laughoff::woo_hoo::laughoff:

It did feel good though. We should try that more often! :cry: I felt great all day after that trip. I didn't even feel tired enough to have to take a nap. :laughoff: Riding the dunes at 6 AM is great! :D

I was just happy the Raptor was able to hit the sand after it's flight off the cliff at Coral! :cry:

I still need to get a bumper and some lights, but it was good to go for the trip on Sunday and that's all that mattered! :D

S2010049%7E1.JPG

Pauly's new 450 posing w/ the Raptor. :laughoff:

S2010050%7E1.JPG

SandYFZ's bike looking bitchen as usual. I still can't beleive how good that thing dunes after all the hill shooter mods he's done to it! :woo_hoo: It was good to ride w/ you again, Aaron! Gotta love them fast rides just like the ol days w/ the 426! :laughoff:

S2010051%7E1.JPG

I guess I won't drink at the dunes anymore!!!! :laughoff:

yea whatever :laughoff: guess i don't have to bring jello-shots for you :cry:

it was too flippin hot :woo_hoo: my temp on my mirror was 112 at 7:00 when we pulled in sat night.

it was all good. by the way craig, i still have you bottle of captain's.. :laughoff:

I was just happy the Raptor was able to hit the sand after it's flight off the cliff at Coral! :cry:

I still need to get a bumper and some lights, but it was good to go for the trip on Sunday and that's all that mattered! :D

S2010049%7E1.JPG

Pauly's new 450 posing w/ the Raptor. :laughoff:

S2010050%7E1.JPG

SandYFZ's bike looking bitchen as usual. I still can't beleive how good that thing dunes after all the hill shooter mods he's done to it! :woo_hoo: It was good to ride w/ you again, Aaron! Gotta love them fast rides just like the ol days w/ the 426! :laughoff:

S2010051%7E1.JPG

It was VERY nice to go on some fast dune rides.I would be lying to say i didnt miss that.I had a blast.We got in some real nice runs out there.Thats the first time ive ever actually pushed that bike hard on a dune ride with that setup i have now.The Shaws were sweet i was very impressed.Paul led very well other than the little bump he hit, :D .Good times,lots of laughs..Thanks guys that was fun :laughoff:

It was VERY nice to go on some fast dune rides.I would be lying to say i didnt miss that.I had a blast.We got in some real nice runs out there.Thats the first time ive ever actually pushed that bike hard on a dune ride with that setup i have now.The Shaws were sweet i was very impressed.Paul led very well other than the little bump he hit, :D .Good times,lots of laughs..Thanks guys that was fun :laughoff:

I agree. It was a couple of good runs. :laughoff::cry: We need to do it more often. I'll hit you up next early AM trip like this last one, Aaron. :laughoff::laughoff: It was almost too easy. The drive was nothing with having some good laughs along the way. It didn't feel as long as normal. Well, maybe that's cause we were on the limiter the whole way! :thumb::woo_hoo: Either way...good times! :laughoff: We should do another trip sometime in early July, guys and gals. :laughoff: