YFZ450 #2

Sand_YFZ

As alot of you know I bought the blown up, black YFZ450 from LasVegasDuner a few weeks ago for a very good price :beercheers: .After tearing it all down it had a few motor issues.Blown head gasket,cracked piston,and trashed cylinder.I finally got it all back together today and started it up.Everything sounds good but until I actually go ride it nobody knows if its good to go.I put it back together with a custom CP high compression stockbore Wicked piston so im thinking it should run pretty good for what it is.Also added a set of comp cut STU 6 cup Padla Brats.Here are some before and after pics.

Before

post-16-1247091368_thumb.jpg

After

post-16-1247091751_thumb.jpg

post-16-1247091467_thumb.jpg

post-16-1247091559_thumb.jpg

post-16-1247091521_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sand_700R

What was wrong with the orange machine looks killer. What was it.

It was my first YFZ450 i owned.I built it to a 501 stroker drag bike and it just evolved into a 1 trick pony that I became bored with.It was very fast but other than running it up the hill I couldnt do anything else with it.Now I have a Raptor 700 thats just as fast and the best duner I have been on.Best of both worlds :beercheers:

Edited by Sand_700R

Thats a good looking YFZ450! Whatcha planning on doing with it? Trick it out even more or sell it?

Probably nothing for now.It already has a nice setup,and more motor than my wife or son can ever use.

No more drag bikes for me.I may have a couple quick duners but I will never own anything like this one again. :beercheers:

post-16-1247100463_thumb.jpg

i was wondering when you would finally get tired of just going up and down the hill. duning is alot more fun. wish i could get out more often. im guessing it was probably more fun tinkering with the bike all the time. :D

As alot of you know I bought the blown up, black YFZ450 from LasVegasDuner a few weeks ago for a very good price :beercheers: .After tearing it all down it had a few motor issues.Blown head gasket,cracked piston,and trashed cylinder.I finally got it all back together today and started it up.Everything sounds good but until I actually go ride it nobody knows if its good to go.I put it back together with a custom CP high compression stockbore Wicked piston so im thinking it should run pretty good for what it is.Also added a set of comp cut STU 6 cup Padla Brats.Here are some before and after pics.

Do you know if the STUs are lighter than the Scat Tracks? You go from 10" to 8" wheels? I'm always looking for a lighter setup if there is one. :finger:

i was wondering when you would finally get tired of just going up and down the hill. duning is alot more fun. wish i could get out more often. im guessing it was probably more fun tinkering with the bike all the time. :D

Well I never said I was tired of racing the hill.lol. However when I do get bored I can go duning also. As for tinkering with the bikes that is fun and that's why I got another YFZ so I have something to mess around with.

Do you know if the STUs are lighter than the Scat Tracks? You go from 10" to 8" wheels? I'm always looking for a lighter setup if there is one. :beercheers:

The 9 cup 10" are lighter and the 6 cup 8" are stupid light.They are way lighter than haulers.

Aaron will know the exact weights.

Do you know if the STUs are lighter than the Scat Tracks? You go from 10" to 8" wheels? I'm always looking for a lighter setup if there is one. :thumb:

The STU Padla Brats Comp Cut on an 8" wheel are about 9.5lbs per wheel/tire together.I dont think there are any paddle tires that are lighter.For example my 7 cup 22x11x8 Skat trak Ultra Lights were 11lbs eack on the wheel.The thing is with these tires being so light they are thin so the chance of them getting a hole is better than a double buff Hauler,or play cut Padla Brat.ALl depends on what you are trying to do.10" wheels also slide better for duning.It just really all depends on what you want to do.

Aaron you can only ride one bike at a time, Do something nice with the family and sell that sh*t, the raptor is 10 times better anyways.

Thanks for the life coaching Sam I do appreciate it.That being said as long as I can ride I will have quads and its a big part in maintaining my sanity . :thumb:

Chadwicks carne asada farts are just a bunch of noise.LOL!!!All bark and no bite.

That's the beauty of my farts! EVERYONE laughs at the sound of their own farts but nobody enjoys the smell. You all should be thanking me! :thumb::assblast:

• 2 weeks later...