Raptor 350 mods

THE BIG E

I have a raptor 350 that i have for sale and i wanted to know if thare are any mods that i could do on this quad. I was looking to see if thare are any engine mods like big bore kits and suspention mods. already tried the raptor reforms and havent seen any :P

Edited by THE BIG E

I have a raptor 350 that i have for sale and i wanted to know if thare are any mods that i could do on this quad. I was looking to see if thare are any engine mods like big bore kits and suspention mods. already tried the raptor reforms and havent seen any :P

I will have to say, that if you already checked on the raptor REFORMS and got no answers, then you will probably strike out here. Yes there are plenty of mods you can do. As Jay said, why are you modding a bike you are going to sell??????

Finally, I have to ask, ARE YOU FOR REAL? Or, do you just come here, type and spell like someone home schooled in West Virginia, ask rediculous questions and just sit back and laugh????? I have to know!!!!!

Edited by wingnut

if you still decide to sell it willyou post the price of the quad today, tomorrow...then maybe Sunday, Monday.......then Thursday, Saturday.....after that, the following Monday etc?????????????? I'm sure the price will be all over the board just like when you sold your Honda!!! :?:

DAMNIT!! I couldn't resist coming in here and reading the inevitable train wreck of a thread.. :thumb:

Like Pete said, the only real way to upgrade is to sell and buy something with better suspension and power. I looked for all of 1/2 hour before realizing that my wife's 250ex will be better off replaced when she is ready. And just my :laughoff: , but this time, do your research BEFORE posting an ad with price. And be ready to justify your price when you are either higher or lower than everybody else. Good luck, I have a feeling you may need it...

DAMNIT!! I couldn't resist coming in here and reading the inevitable train wreck of a thread.. :thumb:

Like Pete said, the only real way to upgrade is to sell and buy something with better suspension and power. I looked for all of 1/2 hour before realizing that my wife's 250ex will be better off replaced when she is ready. And just my :laughoff: , but this time, do your research BEFORE posting an ad with price. And be ready to justify your price when you are either higher or lower than everybody else. Good luck, I have a feeling you may need it...

:laughoff: I think you are rigth i am going to think it all over agian to see what i could come out with so thanks rushjunkie

There are big bore and strocker kits for the 350. I have a big bore kit in mine and works fine along wight a high compression piston. Its been jetted and dyno tuned along with a slip on exhaust and aftermarket intake and filter. You can also buy a strocker crank that will give you more HP. They sell full kits to bring your 350 to 449cc but you will have to add an oil cooler to the quad. I've personally seen a 449cc kit on a 350 keep up fine with a 660 that has been piped and jetted. PM me and il give you more info. on sites and contact numbers on who can help you.

Yamaha does, in fact, make up hop up kit for the Raptor 350.

It's called a Raptor 700. :blink:

post-3-1247255696_thumb.jpg

Why would you dump any money into a 350? It's a starter bike. :booty: Just curious.

You said HOP UP :think: KIT :isbb:

Edited by Sand_700R

Yamaha does, in fact, make up hop up kit for the Raptor 350.

It's called a Raptor 700. :isbb:

post-3-1247255696_thumb.jpg

Why would you dump any money into a 350? It's a starter bike. :think: Just curious.

very true sell it and buy a raptor 660 or 700 you could find them @ a good price... :blink:

http://www.fourstroketech.net/

http://summitoffroad.net/_wsn/page5.html

Heres a couple if you are serious about modding your 350. I have had no issues with mine and runs fine. It will never run like a 450 since the yamy 350 engine was originally made to power water pumps in asia for wells. To notice a difference you will need the following:

Larger Bore cylinder head and high compression piston

Stroker crank

New Carb for more fuel demand

Aftermarket valves, retainers, springs and guides

A higher lift cam like WEB

The classic BIG 3, air filter, exhaust and very important "proper Jetting" no i got it from a forum stuff

And most important since the 350 is an air cooled engine and you will be running alot hotter, an oil cooler mod by taping into the oil gally on the clutch cover side of the case. Roughly 800 bucks in parts. I've done this and yes its alot faster and you freak the heck out of people when you drag them up comp or banshee hill and they ask is that a 350 ? but I would recommend you sell it and buy a 450 or bigger since the 350 is only capable of so much. Once your skill level and ability increase, you will want more power and pretty much you have maxed out a 350 with all the mods. Word of advice, use good quality head gaskets when putting the set up to gether and replace the head bolts with something better, you dont want the engine to cough through the cylinder head when you pin it, hint hint. :blink:

:blink: And after you spend a couple thousand dollars and many hpours later you still have a 350 Raptor that won't be worth half the money you have invested. Sell it and buy a bigger and better quad.

Well i have tried to sell the quad but it does not sell is it cause the price is to high cuz i have seen them in the cycle trader and i have look and thare for 3,000 or more so is thare a dealer that could buy for a good price. have been selling it for a long time i a planing to buy a banshee if i sell my raptor

Edited by THE BIG E

Well i have tried to sell the quad but it does not sell is it cause the price is to high cuz i have seen them in the cycle trader and i have look and thare for 3,000 or more so is thare i dealer that could buy for a good price. have been selling it for a long time i a planing to buy a banshee if i sell my raptor

:bert:

:laughoff: And after you spend a couple thousand dollars and many hpours later you still have a 350 Raptor that won't be worth half the money you have invested. Sell it and buy a bigger and better quad.

Not to be rude or sound like a jerk, but he has a point.

There's only so much you're going to get out of a 2 valve head, and by the time youre done you could have bought a 450.

Not to be rude or sound like a jerk, but he has a point.

There's only so much you're going to get out of a 2 valve head, and by the time youre done you could have bought a 450.

Umm i think i am just going to sell the raptor and buy a banshee

Edited by THE BIG E