06 LTR450

sndruner213

:DDRrocks: So i bought new chain and sprokets for my 06 ltr450 front went just fine rear is giving me trouble ! Do i have to take the axle off to get the rear sproket off or what maby im just looking at this way to hard but i just dont see how it will slide over the sproket mount! PLEASE HELP ME :laughing: If need be ill by you a case of beer and a cheap dinner if you want to come to my house and show me :laughoff:

As long as the rear sprocket is cut like the rear it will go on. This was another Suzuki der, derr derrr moment. Take the sprocket and put it over one of the hub mounts. As you get it to clear, rotating the sprocket it will kind of start to walk itself over the sprocket hub. Then the next section will clear the hub mount. If that doesn't help send me a PM.

ok it worked just like you said thankx for the help/info now i need some help with the chain it needs to be pressed on does anyone have the tool for this and be willing to make a stop by my house to help me put the chain on once again i will offer a case of beer and a cheap dinner lol i would rather spend this than the shop labor to have them do let me know you can call if you like 702-573-1177 thx guys and girls

ok it worked just like you said thankx for the help/info now i need some help with the chain it needs to be pressed on does anyone have the tool for this and be willing to make a stop by my house to help me put the chain on once again i will offer a case of beer and a cheap dinner lol i would rather spend this than the shop labor to have them do let me know you can call if you like 702-573-1177 thx guys and girls

If it's a rivet type master link, just pick up a clip type master link instead. It's WAY easier to install. Any bike shop should have one and you can install it with regular hand tools. Then throw that rivet type one in the trash. :D

thats what i was going to buy but the sales man at the shop and who got his manager involved in said the ltrs put down to much tourqe and the chain wont last long and that i should do it the right way and buy a solid chain but they would have to put it on cuz you have to drop the swing arm i said to much work so they let me go with a rivot style i was pissed but hey at least i got a chain but in the end i feel i got screwed :beer_bang:

thats what i was going to buy but the sales man at the shop and who got his manager involved in said the ltrs put down to much tourqe and the chain wont last long and that i should do it the right way and buy a solid chain but they would have to put it on cuz you have to drop the swing arm i said to much work so they let me go with a rivot style i was pissed but hey at least i got a chain but in the end i feel i got screwed :beer_bang:

That might just be the dumbest statement about chains I have ever heard!

Just go get yourself a clip type master link for a 520 chain (either oring or non oring depending on what you bought) and be done with it. :MBdance:

I run a RK520XSO on my bikes as does freak on his raptors and busa sand car.. ALLL with clip style links. That manager is effin retarded!!! Next time you need a chain call up thumpertalk tell them what you want. and you want a clip style link as well. they will call you when it arrives to come pick it up!! plain and simple and no hassles and managers that dont know thier a$$ from a hole in the ground!

well i figured i got shafted so i followed your advice stoped in carter power sports on the way home today cuz its right next to my work told the guy what happend he didnt have the clip for my chain so hooked me up and sold me a brand new one for a discounted price ill keep the other for a spare or something unless some one wants to buy the damn thing but any way thx for the help guys hope we can all meet up at the night drage im taking my blue duramx and ill have a orange flat bed trailer from ahern perks of the job lol ill be parked in front of banshee hill somewheres stop buy ill have plenty of beer

Loosen up the 4 bolts on the rear of the swingarm. Stick the skinny shaft from your tool kit or a screw driver through the sprocket hub and into the carrier groove. Move the quad back or fourth to get the proper tension.