Nightdrags trip report

aceisback

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HOPE THEY OUTLAW ALL OF THEM. METHANOL CANS LEFT AT THE DUNES AFTER THE DRAGS ARE FROM 2 STROKES NOT 4 STROKES. NOT SAYING 4 STROKE PEOPLE DID NOT LEAVE TRASH, THEY DID AS WELL I AM SURE. BUT LEAVING AN EMPTY METHANOL CAN AT THE DUNES ARE U EFIN KIDDIN ME? THEN YOU PEOPLE BLAST WINGNUT FOR MAKING THE COMMENT, LET ME HAVE SOME OF THE BAG YOU ARE ALL SMOKING(PEOPLE WHO LEFT THE TRASH AND MADE BAD COMMENTS TO WINGNUT). I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THE PICS AND IT SEEMS NO FIGHTS, NO ISSUES WITH OTHERS (EXCEPT RANGERS) SO YOU ALL HAD A GOOD TIME AND BECAME FRIENDS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW EACH OTHER ALREADY, YET YOU ALL LEFT THE TRASH! i WAS NOT THERE, I DIDNT LEAVE IT, BUT I SURE AS HELL PICKED UP TRASH FOR TWO HOURS ON MY MONDAY AM RIDE. IT WAS DISGUSTING, MORE TRASH WAS IN THE DUNES THAN I HAVE SEEN AFTER A PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND AND THEIR COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE THAN 200 TO 300 PEOPLE THERE FOR THE NIGHT DRAGS COMPARED TO TENS OF THOUSANDS AFTER A BIG WEEKEND. AND TO BOOT NO DUNE "NEWBIES" WERE AT THE DRAGS THAT NIGHT. IT CONSSTS OF MOSTLY DIE HARD RACERS AND DUNERS THE ONES THAT SHOULD FEEL LIKE WINGNUT AND I DO BECAUSE YOU ALL GO TO THE DUNES FREQUENTLY LIKE US. IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE SAY IT WAS'NT ME, AND IF I COULD ASK EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE THEY WOULD ALL SAY "WE DID'NT LEAVE ANY TRASH". WHAT KIND OF PERSON THAT RIDES A 2 STROKE BELIEVES THAT A METAL METHANOL CAN IS BIO DEGRADABLE AND IS OK TO LEAVE AT THE DUNES? SO WINGNUT YOU ARE RIGHT AND ANYONE THAT BASHES YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS HAS THERE HEAD UP THERE A**, AND IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN THOSE OF YOU THAT BASHED HIM PROBABLY LEFT THE TRASH OR WHY WOULD YOU BE SO BUTT HURT FROM HIS COMMENTS OR MINE. I HAVE NOT BEEN DURING THE SEASON NOW FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW AND THIS ONE OF THE REASONS. I AM A OUT OF SEASON DUNNER AND GO 2 TO 3 TIMES A WEEK IN THE SUMMER FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST CONDITION THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN THE DUNES LEFT IN. NUT IS RIGHT YOUR HOUSES MUST HAVE PILES OF sh*t BUILT UP ALL OVER. SO WINGNUT TAKES THE TRASH HOME AND PUTS IT OUT AT THE CURB, THE TRASH MEN CAN'T TAKE A GAS CAN IT'S NOT LEGAL TO DISPOSE OF THEM THAT WAY SO HE HAS TO MAKE A SPECIAL TRIP TO DISCARD THE CANS ON HIS DIME AND YOU PEOPLE BUST HIS BALLS? MAYBE WE NEED TO FORWARD ALL OF THESE POSTS AND PICS TO THE BLM AND THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SHUT DOWN THE DUNES AND LET THEM DO IT, WILL THAT TEACH ALL OF YOU WHO LEAVE TRASH A LESSON? IT HURTS OUR LOVE OF THE SPORT AS WELL AND EFFECTS ALL OF US WHO ARE NOT DISGUSTING PIGS LIKE YOURSELVES SO AT HTIS POINT WHAT DOES IT MATTER! YOU PEOPLE KEEP DOIN THIS THEY WILL FENCE IT AND CLOSE IT ANYWAY. SO IN CLOSING YOU KNOW WHO ALL OF YOU ARE THAT LEFT A MESS BEHIND FOR WINGNUT, MYSELF AND OTHERS WHO CARE ABOUT THE PLACES WE RIDE. I DIDNT HAVE TO STOP AND PICK UP YOUR TRASH BUT I DID LIKE I ALWAYS DO ON THE CHANCE THAT IT HELPS KEEP IT OPEN FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY.

QUE???? NO SPEKO ANGLAISEEEE.... :lol::beercheers:

QUE???? NO SPEKO ANGLAISEEEE.... :lol::beercheers:

if you think this is funny than you are obviously one of those aholes that wingnut and I spoke about. How can you possibly think it is funny that the place where you obviously like to ride (by looking at your pic) is left trashed! grow up and help find a solution instead of aggrevating the problem.

Your right, lets ban the 2 strokes because they left some meth cans there. But right after that we have to ban beer drinkers cause most of the trash is beer cans/bottles. I'm pretty sure everybody on here picks up there trash... Sure hope you don't drink beer cause under your way of thinking you can't go to the dunes... along with alot of others.

I was thinking we ban all the :beercheers: .... Muahahaaa

Just J/K

Capt

if you think this is funny than you are obviously one of those aholes that wingnut and I spoke about. How can you possibly think it is funny that the place where you obviously like to ride (by looking at your pic) is left trashed! grow up and help find a solution instead of aggrevating the problem.

Where's Waldo?

Calm down.....I guess he could change his name to Desertburro lol

This topic has been beat to death on this forum and as of right now I think everyone is kinda over it!!! Point made.... Point taken.

I highly doubt anyone from this forum left the trash and talkin trash .. doesnt fix it.

You can maybe find the culprits on a 2 stroke site I am sure.. We all do our part and Maybe we wont get overwhelmed by the issues and all of us just need to work a little harder and maybe next year we complain before hand and the ranger can keep an eye out for violators. Either way I feel ya on this 1..

Capt

actually capt I don't drink beer! but thanks for thinkin of me. I am not a racist, i grew up in chula vista 7 mi from the border, however i find it interesting the reply today of about not speaking english. Maybe the answer is posting all the signs at dumont in both spanish and english? then i went back and read his spanish and he can't even spell in his own langauge correctly so i guess he wouldnt be able to read the sign.

we hear you wally

but like has been spoken before the people that leave trash and dont care arent the ones reading this and arent likely to change. we scream and shout about it we repeat the slogan "pack it in pack it out" we all know there is no excuse if you had room to bring it to the dunes you have room to take it out of the dunes. and most of us spend a day picking up trash (clean up weekend) let alone all the other times that riding had to stop to collect trash.

so i would say the majority of the people reading this are on your side wally.

most of the trash in the dunes are water bottles and beer cans.

what if water bottles and soda and beer cans where banned outside the camping area ........... :?:

Where's Waldo?

Calm down.....I guess he could change his name to Desertburro lol

This topic has been beat to death on this forum and as of right now I think everyone is kinda over it!!! Point made.... Point taken.

I highly doubt anyone from this forum left the trash and talkin trash .. doesnt fix it.

You can maybe find the culprits on a 2 stroke site I am sure.. We all do our part and Maybe we wont get overwhelmed by the issues and all of us just need to work a little harder and maybe next year we complain before hand and the ranger can keep an eye out for violators. Either way I feel ya on this 1..

Capt

if you read my posts i was not talking trash merely explaing what i found and how i feel. you are one of the few that see's that i believe. i have an intense passion for this sport with 6 bikes in my garage and numorous articles in multiple magazines over the last 7 years and this is a problem i have heard alot about being connected to the mags. Every dune area in the country (with the exception of st anthony's) i have read thousands of complaints and it saddens me to no end. so yes it upsets me when someone makes a joke about an issue that i believe to be so serious that it could close the riding area we so love. private email me at justcaterit@yahoo.com or call me at 523 5545 i got an idea.

Wally, you yourself throwing a tantrum on the DDR forum isnt going to change much. If you read the begining posts, alot of people who were not members of the forum attended. If you really want change, attend the next large event or BLM meeting and express your concerns there. I have seen many members on this forum attend clean up events such as those hosted by friends of dumont dunes which shows that there are people on here who care. Simply b*tching indirectly at forum members is not going to motivate people to do the right thing if most of us already do. Your kinda preaching to the choir. You have a valid point and your opinion is yours, but we all know that cursing and insulting people never gets anything resolved. To me your are being more of a problem maker instead of a problem solver. I say next event, if any one sees peeps leaving trash behind, just simply reminding them that them trashing the place will eventually force BLM to close the area they are recreating in will maybe motivate them to clean up after themselves. If the individuals end up leaving, write down their license plate number and inform BLM. Another way to handle this is for example if someone took the time to bring our lights for the event, take the time to bring out a large trashcan and just put in the middle of camp or where you are, that way people will have a trash can near by to use, you can try contacting your local waste management company and see if they will give you some of their event cartons so they can be placed out.

So go chill out before you pop a hemroid. :DDRrocks::broke:

and like i said before.... QUE ??? :laughoff: :B

I guess no one read above where it said to complain in another thread. :bawl::idiot:

Back to the subject. Did anyone else have a better time than me, because I had a freakin blast. :dumbass:

:lol: :angry2: :fight: to everyone who keeps talking about the F**CKING trash issue on THIS thread. Wanna talk about the trash issue, here ya go, b*tch away! http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=2115

Sorry for being an A-Hole but it would be nice to have a positive thread about all the good things that happened. Like people having a great time and knowing how great it is to still have a place to dune at anytime they want.

:MBdance::blah::blah: to everyone who keeps talking about the F**CKING trash issue on THIS thread. Wanna talk about the trash issue, here ya go, b*tch away! http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=2115

Sorry for being an A-Hole but it would be nice to have a positive thread about all the good things that happened. Like people having a great time and knowing how great it is to still have a place to dune at anytime they want.

Be careful linking an old thread about a trash discussion that is not related to this trip in this thread or you might get personally attacked. The directions from the admin is to start a separate thread.

I'd figured why not put all the trash talk in the very 1st original trash thread :clap: but that wasn't taken to kindly.

There are even threads before a trip reminding everyone to pick up after themselves and trying to organize a group to do a clean up before leaving on Sunday....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...ic=6249&hl=

Well we went to Comp that morning and not a lot of people showed up and there was a significant amount of trash. Trash has always been an issue and a topic of discussion, but it never seems to change :dunno: .

Edited by Foxysandchick